• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi Believe it or not I'm new!

Mainprince

noobalot
Years
Hi I'm new on here. been playing pokemon since the first game but only really realised the full potential with heart gold. still a complete noob in search of guidance for competitive battling. Just thought id say hi…so yea…Hi

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hey there Mainprince, welcome to PC! Nice to see you here :)
Believe it or not, I became a big fan of the series by the fourth generation myself. Both HG and SS were amazing remakes in my opinion, so I think it was really cool of how they managed to pull you into the fandom :p

I've tried to get into competitive battling myself, and one of the best sections for all things competitive would be the Battling & Team Building section, found here. You could also join PC's very own battle server on the competitive Pokemon battling simulator Pokemon Showdown!, over here.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to talk to a moderator if you need help! :D

Mainprince

noobalot
Years
yea! i think it was good because there were no limits to the pokemon you could have from the technically newer regions! opened up so much!

thanks i have just posted in there asking for advice haha my team is completely dire though

Years
And hello from me too! It's really nice to see you here, Mainprince.

As my good friend Marisa suggested, the Battling & Team Building section is definitely the place for a competitive battler such as yourself. And you're a HG/SS fan? I know those Johto remakes were well received by many Pokemon fans, and they did have some nice content. If you want to discuss HG/SS (and the entire 4th Gen for that matter) you should go visit Fourth Generation when you can, and if you want to do some battling and chat with fellow members there's also the battle server. I'm pretty sure you can find time to come and say hello!

Well, have an awesome time here and if you need help you can always contact a staff member, such as TWL's resident guardian Dragon. He's really nice so I'm sure he won't bite you. Well, I'll be seeing you around, yes?

- Hikamaru

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Competitive battling is a piece of cake! But yes, it'll take some time to learn the concepts and master some strategies, but you'll get there! I'll be more than happy to help you out with some competitive battling aspects, or as said, you can check out the Battling & Team Battling too. C:

Daw, and Heart Gold is truly amazing - kudos for liking it too! I really love this remake of the G/S/C games, in which it feels so nostalgic, playing upon the Johto region and such. I hope that you'll get to enjoy the games that will come out soon, like ORAS! The remakes of the 3rd Gen. <33

Well, as said, this Dragon doesn't bite, so, feel free to ask me any question, or address any concern! I'll be happy to help! And have a looovely stay, pal! Glad to have you here with us. :3

Mainprince

noobalot
Years
Thanks! i honestly can't wait for the new remakes to come out i loved the whole hidden den aspect of that game! and diving was so much fun! i really hope they keep the whole trading and battling system they have in x and y though that has made dex filling so much easier. although I'm not quite there yet! haha

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Thanks! i honestly can't wait for the new remakes to come out i loved the whole hidden den aspect of that game! and diving was so much fun! i really hope they keep the whole trading and battling system they have in x and y though that has made dex filling so much easier. although I'm not quite there yet! haha

I'm with ya~ I hope that they'll have those mechanics there too. <33

Also secret bases & contests! I hope that they will have more online functionality with those. :3

Mainprince

noobalot
Years
yea that would be amazing! completely forgot about the contests! they were really fun!
also a random question how can i show someone my saved battle video?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
yea that would be amazing! completely forgot about the contests! they were really fun!
also a random question how can i show someone my saved battle video?

Here, you can share em' over on the Battle Replays, Logs & Videos thread in the Battling & Team Battling thread. You can just paste the in-game video code there as well as what happened and such. :3

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years

Same here! Especially considering that I didn't really get to play the original Ruby and Sapphire, so I'm hoping to get the remakes so I can see what I missed, just in better detail. Oh, I'm sure they're keeping all that in, I mean, why take out stuff that's made the games so much better? d:

The best thing I'm looking forward to is probably playing through the Hoenn region with the physical/special split in use. It was one of the reasons the 3rd Generation didn't really appeal to me, and seeing as how OR/AS no longer has that "issue", it seems like a better choice to me.

Here's to waiting for the remakes, and hopefully Wonder Trading a bunch of Poochyena. :)

Mainprince

noobalot
Years
where do i get the video code?? i saved it on the game i had a cool battle yesterday and I saved it as my video on the game but he can't find it and neither can i??

Mainprince

noobalot
Years
marisa i loved the hoenn region and i personally found the elite four really hard which is awesome! hope its still difficult!! there is a town in the hoenn region thats like one big tree house! its awesome

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
where do i get the video code?? i saved it on the game i had a cool battle yesterday and I saved it as my video on the game but he can't find it and neither can i??

After you've saved your battle with a friend, open up the VS Recorder in Key Items, click the up arrow button, and choose the video you want to make public for sharing. A code appears at the top of the bottom main screen that you can post so that other people can view. Vice versa, you can views others' Battle Videos by clicking the "search by code" button on the bottom screen~

Like as you can see below is where the code is:

battle-code.png

Mmm, make sense? I hope this helps!~

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
marisa i loved the hoenn region and i personally found the elite four really hard which is awesome! hope its still difficult!! there is a town in the hoenn region thats like one big tree house! its awesome

The Elite Four do seem like a tough bunch, particularly that Drake guy...even with the Fairy type around, Drake can dish out some pretty big damage to you. Hopefully their teams get some added strength in the form of having Pokemon from different regions when you rematch them, sort of like in Generation V. Oh, Fortree City, right? I'm looking forward to seeing most of the cities/towns in the Hoenn region in 3D, particularly Fortree City and Pacifidlog Town.

Mainprince

noobalot
Years
yea thats the city! its my second favourite town in the pokemon universe but goldenrods gotta win for me! drake was a nightmare! but so satisfying when you do take him down!

Thanks dragon! i would say do you wonna watch it but i brain farted and sent out my scizor to charizard so ikinda embarrassing haha my gengar took down 3 members of his team though haha

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Hi friend i welcome you too our community.. Hope you found many new things and creativity in our amazing family of PC. We are very kind. All will be happy with you. And all are noob and first. But then they learn. Don't worry you will be good soon.

Anyway i hope you will be active and try to read all the rules in order to avoid infraction. And feel free to ask any staff for help. And also feel free to give me a friend request.. ;)

Back