• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
At least the time limit is significantly shorter than regular matches haha. I couldn't believe how slow some of the players are, at one point my timer was at 11 min and my opponent was at 4! If only he'd been a bit slower and I would have won lol XD Lost on the first round in my 2nd tournament because of dead pulls (even though I tweaked and tweaked my deck specifically so that WOULDN'T happen, and of course this would be the first time since my last tweak a couple of weeks ago that I have that problem *grumble*) and on the first round in my 3rd because of two stupid decisions in a row followed by dead pulls *headdesk*

At least with the wheel at the end of matches you have the chance at better prizes even if you lose, and you still get tons of tokens just for participating, I think I got about 80 in total.

But there is a bug, due to which the game can be continued past 00:00, ma'am. So the time limit doesnt matter. So, I opened the 28 packs i won in the tourneys and had awesome pulls. 1 Pyroar, 1 Charizard EX, 1 Yveltal EX, 1 Darkrai EX, 1 FA Landorus EX, 1 Sigilyph Safeguard, 1 Blastoise, 1 M Blastoise EX...... Not bad, if i do say so myself. Some of these cards are gonna go in my main deck.
Also, werent we gonna have a tourney for us PC players? I just wanted to say that College will start on the 28th, whence forth i will be busy.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I joined the one of the Theme Deck tourneys last June 28th and won 4 packs.
10:00 PM of July 2 is 1:00 PM of July 3 here. I usually nap by then but I hope that I'm awake xD

Years
Aw, 10pm is 1am for me. I've got no problem staying up that late, but since I have to get up at 6:30am for work on weekdays… not a good idea.

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
Years
I joined the one of the Theme Deck tourneys last June 28th and won 4 packs.
10:00 PM of July 2 is 1:00 PM of July 3 here. I usually nap by then but I hope that I'm awake xD
I'm lucky enough to fall in the 10 o'clock time zone so I'm definitely playing.
What's your username?

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
Years
Totally got my behind kicked in today's tourneys. Won only 8 packs.....
That's not too bad. I only got 12.
Won two then got knocked out after the first match in the other 4 I entered.

I noticed a lot of n00bs went to unlimited so i did most my killing there.
N0 r3gr37$.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
That's not too bad. I only got 12.
Won two then got knocked out after the first match in the other 4 I entered.

I noticed a lot of n00bs went to unlimited so i did most my killing there.
N0 r3gr37$.

People have gotten over 60 packs in those 7 hours... I had a headache and could play only 3 hours but its still too low. I opened them and had good pulls. A gorgeous Skarmory EX FA, Kangaskhan EX FA, PLB Kyurem, 2xCincinno and Garbodor LT were the notable ones.

BTW, which deck where you using??

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
Years
People have gotten over 60 packs in those 7 hours... I had a headache and could play only 3 hours but its still too low. I opened them and had good pulls. A gorgeous Skarmory EX FA, Kangaskhan EX FA, PLB Kyurem, 2xCincinno and Garbodor LT were the notable ones.

BTW, which deck where you using??
I went with a Butterfree/Miltank combo deck hbu?

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Heh, I don't know much about the Pokemon trading card scene, all I know is I had buckets and buckets of them when I was a kid and had no idea what the hell I did with them but I guess collecting them was enough.

I used to be a yugioh player (I know, shame on me), and it's kind of interesting the way the similarities shake out between the two card games; both struggle with and against the meta (as far as I can tell).

Although more so this game has similarites to MTG (Magic the Gathering), which I also played at one point. In magic, you tap manna to summon creatures, which in pokemon's case would be tapping energy to summon creatures (or what ever you guys call using up energies).
Okay so you're probably wondering, what the hell does this have to do with us?
I just want to know how you guys view those other card games? What's your thoughts on them, all that good stuff?

Years
It's not so much tapping Energy to play things as it is needing Energy to attack. Wizards of the Coast had a major hand in the design process of the Pokemon TCG originally, though, which is why there are so many similarities to MTG.

Having played both of those, it's really cost that has me playing Pokemon instead. MTG is a brilliant game, but playing competitively is dramatically more expensive than Pokemon. YGO also has a bit of an insufferable player-base in my immediate area, though I could probably get around that by traveling a bit further for leagues if it also wasn't dramatically more expensive than Pokemon to stay competitive in.

Well, cost and nostalgia, since YGO and MTG entered my life later than the Pokemon TCG did (MTG and YGO both entered my life in 2002).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back