• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 7.8/10 - Too much water

Years
What do you think about the region overall?

I personally loved it. I was happy with all the water. Johto and Kanto barely had water. And I dont understand what's up with all the "too much water" comments. It's an island. What did you expect, a huge desert around it?
Also it covers most of the terrain. From the desert, volcano, to sea, tree, volcano towns, all the way back to the rain forests. I loved this versatility and on top of that, it doesn't seem all stuffed or forced, surprisingly.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I can see what the opinion is based of. Basically the whole area between the sixth Gym and the Elite Four is covered in water. The last Gym is also specialized in water Pokémon and in Emerald the Champion too. I have absolutely no problem with the water as such. It are many routes, and most trainers are either swimmers or triathletes both only using water Pokémon. There could be put a little more other trainers, but in fact there are a few. I do think, Emerald has gone a little too far adding Wallace to the Elite Four. Two water type experts quickly after each other is bad for the variance.

Years
While all the water routes aren't what i'm opposed to, I do actually enjoy the region too. There are a lot of different areas in the region, such as an active volcano, several shoreline areas and ports, and some based on power. It does have good stuff and varied areas.

Years
I was actually one of the few who loved all that water, but blame it on my affection towards Water-type Pokemon and love for aquatic things in general. It was nice when you cruised on the water in those later parts of the game, but the other areas were also pretty nice.

Hoenn was literally the most environmentally diverse region ever created and that's why it had its massive share of fans.

Boured

The Guildmaster
Years
What do I think about the region seeing that it is the region from my first Pokemon game ever its only natural that I would love it but it does have some things that I do not like about it such as the surfing sections which would not be so bad if it were not for the extremely high encounter rate those fudging Tentacools *cringes*

Back