• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven [T/OOC]

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I added some more information. Hope is enough now. And changed the moveset.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • This looks exciting. I'd like to sign-up please!

Name: Lotad
    Pokémon Species: Lotad
    Level: 10

Appearance:
    The pad on top of Lotad is autumn yellow instead of green. He is also a tad bigger than a regular Lotad, standing at a height of 0.6m, weighing 3.0kg.

History:
    Lotads are not raised by their parents. Once they are born, they are left in a pond where they stay until they evolve. Some Lotads never evolve and stay in the pond for the rest of their lives. This lead to the rise of different cultures in different ponds. Lotad is different from his brothers and sisters. His leaf was a different color, he was bigger and heavier than them, and swimming was tedious despite being born in water. Because of this, he was mostly ignored by his society, cast out as a freak. He wasn't even given a name by his fellow Lotads. For them, names are given by other Lotads. You cannot call yourself a name until someone else names you. His siblings were given names. There was Courage, the eldest of the six, Petunia, Daisy, Lily and Wisdom. Some of them jokes that there was no need to give Lotad a name. He was different enough.

Mustering up all the courage he could, he decided that it was best to leave his pond and live somewhere else. He found Haven after days of travelling. He still got weird looks from other Pokémon, but no one avoided him. He found himself at the Kricketot Inn where he was allowed to stay for as long as he needed. Lotad, for once in his life, felt accepted. The feeling, however, had become addictive to him. He wanted more and more to feel accepted. While walking around the town one day, he saw an ad for the guild. They were looking for new Explorers to train. Lotad saw this as an opportunity to become more accepted, so he applied to become an apprentice.

Personality:
    Lotad is timid and can go a long time without talking. He is conscious of his appearance, always afraid of getting rejected because of his abnormalities. Because of his experience of being shunned by society, he makes sure to make everyone feel welcome around him, but most of the time, this is limited to him just smiling at the Pokémon around him. His shyness often gets the best of him. He constantly longs for acceptance. He'll do almost anything to please other people. Despite this, he knows when to draw the line when it comes to wanting to be accepted by other people.

Moveset: [EGG] Flail, Absorb, Bubble, Astonish, Growl

Just tell me if there are things I need to add/change

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015

Name: Damien
    Pokémon Species: Ralts
    images

History: Damien is from a small nameless community that has a lot of other Pokemon around his age. Damien was the only Ralts and his mother was a Gardevoir, who treated him a bit like a girl. Due to this, he was often made fun of and had to pay dearly.

All of the other Pokemon made fun of Damien, saying he seemed or acted like a girl because of his mother and his own feminine appearance. They'd bully him, occasionally attacking him. His only move used to be growl and disable, the latter of which got him out of sticky situations, but he has just recently learned a couple moves. Still, he wants to become strong enough to defend himself and someday evolve into a Gallade. This is the biggest reason why he wants to join the Guild.

Damien also has the ability to sense emotions, so he hopes he can use this ability as an explorer to tell the difference between good and bad Pokemon. His mom is sad that he is leaving, but also encourages it as she hates to see her son in pain.

Personality: Damien is a timid Pokemon. He drifts toward the nice Pokemon and away from the bad ones, due to his natural ability to sense emotions. However, sometimes he can be caught snoozing or day-dreaming, where he is unaware of what he is doing and manages to find trouble. His most common dream is evolving into a Gallade.

He can sometimes be seen as weird or awkward, but it is more just shyness. Most Pokemon are larger and this intimidates Damien. Also due to constantly being picked on, he had developed a fear for large Pokemon. He hopes that his adventuring will help him get over that, but he's afraid that it will get the better of him and cause trouble. The only larger Pokemon he isn't afraid of is his mother.

While scared and rather weak, his psychic powers can be useful. He can secretly use confusion to make people forget what they were thinking about, or use disable to make a Pokemon ill-able to use a certain move. When backed into a corner, literally, he can use teleport and escape in a pinch, along with anyone he is touching. However, it doesn't take a lot to hurt or scare him. A few decently strong attacks can cause him to turn around or even faint before he gets the chance.

Moveset: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Disable

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • I'd lvoe to sign up for this. It sounds fun!
    So without any further ado, here it is! The SU for Fogg, the oddball Gastly (get it? 'case he's a ball of gas, you know)

Name: Fogg
    Pokémon Species: Gastly

Appearance: Looks like every other Gastly, except that the poisonous gas he has for a body is more of a crimson colour. He takes pride in this difference.

History: Fogg was the outcast by choice in his clan. While most Gastlys would leave the cave at nights, he preferred to stay inside and think. He developed a strong despise for his own kind and left his early home while his siblings were out haunting other Pokémon. He wandered around the world, thinking and looking for a purpose in life, but other Pokémon would look at him as a common Gastly (and usually run away in fear).
    There came a day when he had enough. He gained a strong resolution to set himself apart from the common Gastly, or as he called them, "normies". He vowed to make himself stand out, and the opportunity came when one night he arrived at Haven, where there was a local guild that trained Pokémon to become explorers. He was excited about the idea (smiling for the first time in a long while) and decided to work his way into becoming a formidable explorer.

Personality: Unlike normal Gastly, Fogg has a strong dislike of pranks and games. He dislikes the common Gastly and its behavior and calls himself Fogg just to make it clear that he is different; so don't ever mention that he's one. He seldom smiles, and is easily irritated by even the most harmless antics. He is somewhat of a loner, and on the times that he's alone, he likes to meditate, and enjoy the silence.
    Although he's somewhat of a Grinch, he knows how to be a team player. He is sensible when it comes to making decisions and loyal to his teammates, even though he may not want more than to ditch them and go solo. His gassy body makes it easy for him to go over almost every obstacle, but for some odd reason he gets awfully hungry when he goes through solid bodies.
    He's also definitely not a morning person.

Moveset: Psywave (Egg), Lick, Hypnosis, Spite, Mean Look.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    I added some more information. Hope is enough now. And changed the moveset.
    mmm, it's definitely improved! i'd just like you to go for it a little harder, since there's still some strange grammar and unexplained details going on. sorry for being hard on you, but i think it would be more fun for you to play with a well-fleshed out character. c:

Name: Lotad
    hi! thanks for your interest and your SU! you will be accepted based on this - i really like how you incorporated Lotad's biology - but i would like all player characters to have an actual name at least. i realise this may be a bit hypocritical with regard to the nameless village cast, but i'll probably end up giving them names soon too, haha! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Name: Damien
    welcome! c:
    when i saw you made a male Ralts, i was really wondering how you'd handle the fact that it will still evolve into Kirlia before Gallade... but you worked around its perceived femininity very nicely. so, you are accepted!

So without any further ado, here it is! The SU for Fogg, the oddball Gastly (get it? 'case he's a ball of gas, you know)
    thanks! i like your character already too, so you are also accepted! it's great how you incorporated the hunger aspect when moving through walls too (。 >艸<).

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    About unexplained details i will get that improved... But about the grammar, i am not from England or America. Yeah...

Edit: I think i fixed the grammar errors and explained some details.

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • Hmm?! A Mystery Dungeon RP? Yay~! :3 May I reserve a spot please? This looks interesting. Also, I freaking love Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so a win-win! :3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Since our characters are starting at level ten, I'm assuming they're pretty young, so my history section is turning out rather short. I hope that's okay? (I could flesh it out with meaningless details, buuut . . . well they're not that important, hence "meaningless," haha)

EDIT: well here it is. short and to the point. at least, that was my intention. hopefully that's how it turned out?

Argus Eld
    Fennekin

Level 10

Scratch - Tail Whip - Ember - Magic Coat

Spoiler: History
    Argus has always been an adventurous soul, right from the moment he was born in the forests of Ember. His home region sits on the opposite side of the continent from Haven, surrounded by the Ash Woods and Ember Jungle. It's composed of a vast expanse of lush plains and thick trees, the western edge of which is rather hot, dry, and prone to wildfires, from which it gains its namesake. Argus was born in an area where the lush meets the arid, providing a varied environment which can shift drastically by walking too far in any direction. It was here that he was raised, an only child in the company of a diverse population of primarily fire, bug, and grass types, in a place where the intrigue always managed to pique his flagrant curiosity.

His parents, a female Ninetales and a male Delphox, were rather lax and allowed him to roam on his own, not fearing for his safety in the safety of Ember. It was because of this that he was the community's child, in a sense. He knew countless residents of the area, and they all knew him or at least knew of him. He would wander around the forests and meet new faces almost every day, adding to and exemplifying his boisterous yet amiable persona. His exploits taught him firsthand the skills needed to be a top notch explorer, including the ability to instantly memorize environments and identify the natural elements of the world, such as edible foods and beneficial items. His knack for adventure only grew as he aged, which is what eventually drew him to Haven.

Argus's best friends growing up were a Growlithe named Grant, a Chimchar known as Niko, a Darumaka called Haylen, and a Cyndaquil dubbed Lucette. The five of them liked to spend their time annoying an elder Seismitoad by Ember Lake, though he didn't seem to mind. Cordon, the Seismitoad, didn't mind the children, entertaining their curious natures by regaling them with tales of the world beyond Ember and showing them ways of seeing and interacting with the world around them that would help them all in their futures. They would visit Cordon often and train with each other the rest of the time. Cordon was the one to tell them all of Haven, and it didn't take much thought before they all made a pact to one day venture out into the world, reach Haven and join the explorers' guild.

Argus would be the first to do so.

Spoiler: Personality
    Bold, curious, and with an intrepid fire burning at his core, Argus walks through life with adventure in his soul. As he's still young, he has yet to truly get to know the world, leaving him rather naïve and perhaps a little too innocent for his own good. He can be a sly little trickster, sure, but he's gone through life without ever facing many real troubles, and that's led to the development of a reckless and hotheaded personality that's gotten him into trouble on more than a few occasions. Whether it be saying the wrong thing to the wrong person, being too stubborn to give up when any sane person has foregone hope, or jumping into the fray with nary a glance beforehand, he has something of a penchant for getting himself into danger.

He can be unintentionally charismatic and endlessly amiable in a moment, but more often than not he tends to spoil the moment with a brash word or careless action before it even has the time to settle in. Don't expect him to notice, though; his mind is usually elsewhere, chasing after some dream or unrealistic goal. That's where he prefers to be, and it's this trait that drives his unparalleled ambition and temerity. Overall he's a double-edged sword lined with explosives packed into the slim frame of a twenty pound fox. Charming or bigoted? That's for the world to decide.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Schweet! I thought about Ralts and I got the idea, so I couldn't let it go. A poor little male Ralts, that will eventually have a tutu.

I was curious about how evolution will work. Will it be at the designated levels, nor will there be certain places?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Since our characters are starting at level ten, I'm assuming they're pretty young, so my history section is turning out rather short. I hope that's okay? (I could flesh it out with meaningless details, buuut . . . well they're not that important, hence "meaningless," haha)

EDIT: well here it is. short and to the point. at least, that was my intention. hopefully that's how it turned out?
    yes, the history section wasn't meant to be particularly long, but i would like players to at least have thought of their characters' roots, which you've done perfectly i'd say. if you'd like, i could even incorporate some of the locations you mentioned into one of our missions - though that would take a while then, because as you said, the Ember Jungle lies on the other side of the continent from Haven, hehe.

About unexplained details i will get that improved... But about the grammar, i am not from England or America. Yeah...

Edit: I think i fixed the grammar errors and explained some details.

alright... i'll accept you based on your current SU. do try your best at writing detailed posts! c:

I was curious about how evolution will work. Will it be at the designated levels, nor will there be certain places?

evolution will indeed take place at the normal levels, but there will not be an Evolution Cave as in the MD games. you can evolve anytime and anywhere, provided you fulfill the criteria to do so. evolutionary items will be acquirable from certain missions or dungeons. happiness as well as trade-based evolutions can basically be done at will, but it would be nice to at least have some kind of character development coupled with it, i'd say.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Name: Cafer

Cafer is good to go methinks. you're accepted.

for those wondering, i was planning to get the IC up on friday, but i may do it a bit earlier since we already have a decent amount of players at the ready c: so keep an eye out!

Etherion

yay~ I'm super excited for this! I've been itching for a PMD RP :D :D

One question, are you going to add more mystery dungeons?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    One question, are you going to add more mystery dungeons?

yes! every once in a while, guild members will be able to sign up for Explorations. this is an outing in which the guild travels to new, undiscovered Mystery Dungeons to investigate, and well, explore them! afterwards, they will be added to the normal roster of Mystery Dungeons to visit, and you'll also be able to do missions in them then, too. c:

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    427_Buneary_Shiny.png
    Name: Evelynn

Species: Buneary

Appearance: Evelynn appears as most would imagine a Buneary to look for the most part. Her fluff is pink, making her a Pokémon of the shiny variety. She also sports a small, golden-hooped ring in her left ear, with a small tuft of fur resembling hair partially covering her right eye.

History: Evelynn was the middle-hatched Buneary in her family. Her mother is a Lopunny and her father is an Infernape. Both of her siblings are female, and all happened to be born as Buneary. Out of her siblings, Evelynn is the only one to be uniquely colored, something that her sisters sometimes tease her about. Still, they care about each other greatly and know when to pull back.

When growing up, Evelynn was something of an oddity compared to her siblings. Much to her mother's dismay, Evelynn did not much care for things such as dignity, grace, and beauty like most Buneary and Lopunny do. She always had a rather adventurous spirit and as a result she seemed to take after her father. She was even known to sneak out and away from what her mother called "Etiquette Lessons" to go out and train with her father. Her father was generally an easy-going Infernape, and honestly did not have much of an issue with Evelynn tagging along. He enjoyed having one of his children along for his training and even took the time to try and teach her the proper stances and some battle tactics. This act occasionally did cause a bit of strife at home between the Infernape and Lopunny, but nothing dramatic ever really came of it.

One day while embarking on another training and exploration outing with her father, he decided to pass on his knowledge of guilds. The thought of a group of Pokémon going out and exploring unknown territories and going on all sort of adventures was something that the easily excitable Buneary just could not part with. With her father's aid, Evelynn was soon off to join the Haven Explorer Guild.

Personality: Despite being raised to be feminine, cute, and charming, Evelynn is a rambunctious little troublemaker of a Buneary. She seems to have a hard time sitting still for very long and is very excitable. This is made further apparent in the fact that she constantly starts to hop up and down when idly standing around. She is not one for cute and pretty things, making her somewhat of a tomboy when compared to her sisters. Evelynn has a habit of giving nicknames to her fellow explorers, usually determining a fitting name once she goes out on an adventure with them. She seems never be without a smile.

Moves: Sky Uppercut (Egg), Pound, Defense Curl, Foresight, Baby-Doll Eyes​

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • yes, the history section wasn't meant to be particularly long, but i would like players to at least have thought of their characters' roots, which you've done perfectly i'd say. if you'd like, i could even incorporate some of the locations you mentioned into one of our missions - though that would take a while then, because as you said, the Ember Jungle lies on the other side of the continent from Haven, hehe.

Sure! That'd be neat, haha

Species: Buneary

Guess it's a good thing I went with Fennekin instead of Bunneary. d:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • hi! thanks for your interest and your SU! you will be accepted based on this - i really like how you incorporated Lotad's biology - but i would like all player characters to have an actual name at least. i realise this may be a bit hypocritical with regard to the nameless village cast, but i'll probably end up giving them names soon too, haha! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Thank you! I'll have Lotad pick up a name as soon as he enters the guild, if that's fine with you c: I was thinking one of the older guild members could give him a name as soon as he introduces himself as just "Lotad"

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • Uh, I am sorry if this SU doesn't look good or very detailed.....I tried my best, really!

Name: Sivera Ohdavero
    Pokémon Species: Audino

Appearance:

Sivera%20Ohdavero_zpsabqzlwsr.png

Sivera is shorter than the average Audino, being at least 2'11" aka 0.9 meters. She wears a dark blue scarf, and silver shoes, in order to show her 'Explorer-ness'. Her pattern and ears are more spiky-like than a normal Audino.

History: Sivera has always wanted to be a Pokemon Explorer. She wanted to prove to her big brother, Medi, that she can help Pokemon around the world. Both of them argue with each other a lot, but even then, they still liked each other. Their parents died after an incident they weren't aware of. They found their dead bodies when they were on a stroll, and properly buried them. While he thinks there might be no way someone like Sivera can't survive the dangers of being a Pokemon Explorer; especially after what happened to their parents, he still believes that he might be wrong, and hopes Sivera can make her dream come true.

But there was another reason why Sivera wanted to become an Explorer: She wants to become strong. She has heard many horror stories about many Audino being killed one by one, with the number of Audino drastically dropping within just one day or week, as they apparently make a lot of Pokemon much more stronger than before. This is, strangely enough, called 'grinding'. She thinks her parents has 'passed away' (harmless way to say died) through these methods. She wants to be known as 'the amazing Audino who shall never let another Audino pass away!' Although these horror stories are possibly not true, she still thinks being very strong might lower her chances of dying. She also wants to, obviously, become a very famous Explorer, and make her parents proud of her. She joined the Haven Explorer Guild, as it was the guild her brother recommended to her.

She knows this is her first step towards being a great Explorer.

Personality: Sivera is very cheerful. She loves making people smile, and likes helping people. Oddly enough, she always refers to herself in the third person. She has a childish demeanor, and is always excited when she sees a new person, a treasure; or things of non-importance like useless goodies. Because she can't tell the difference between good or bad, nor is she able to understand what is sarcasm or what is not, she can be manipulated by people; especially outlaws, very easily.

She is also easily startled, and can cry just as easily. Her plans are made quickly (Aka made on the spot) and always are both terrible and, if someone thinks it might work, has a 99% chance of failing. Oh, and she is a very bad cook. She wants to make sure everyone does their very best, so she does not care if she wins or loses in a friendly match. She is nice to all of her teammates, and treat her superiors with respect. She treats people she hate and/or 'meanie outlaw guys' by saying a lot of bad stuff about them. It ends up either embarrassing her, making her foe land an attack on her, or just make her sound like an annoying brat.

Moveset: Pound, Draining Kiss (Considered an Egg Move), Refresh, Helping Hand, Play Nice, Last Resort

Back