• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everybody!

Years
  • What's up! I'm 22 years old and have been a Pokémon fan since 1999! Wow it's been a long time.

Okay, I must admit, I'm new to the new Pokémon... I mean, I'm kind of stuck on generation 2. {XD} ...I sometimes play the new games but I get so confused. I'm used to the style in rby/gsc.

But I love TCG online and it's a nice way to learn abou new Pokémon. (I've only recently started playing it...)

I collect Pokémon trading cards as well.

I think I have missed out a lot in the Pokémon world! I'm here to give the newer generations a chance, lol! Gotta catch up all the lost time! I've started Pokémon anime marathon and alredy in season 3! Gonna watch em all! Do I sound like a maniac? (Poké Maniac!! LOL)

Nice to meet you all!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Welcome to PC! Honestly, the core gameplay hasn't really changed since Gen 1, they just added on things to make it more interesting like Abilities and the Fairy type such. There's a lot of new pokémon, sure, but it's still the same thing. X/Y is a good place to start, those games have lots of old pokémon along with new ones. Check out the Metal & Color Generation section if you wanna talk about Gen 1 and Gen 2.

I'm watching the old seasons of the anime as well, I only really watched Kanto and Orange Islands when I was younger but now I've seen Johto and I'm currently going through Hoenn. I don't know why I'm doing it to be honest, I don't even like Ash :v There's also a section for the Pokémon Anime if you'd like to check that out.

Anyways, I hope you have a good time here and that you enjoy the new generations, I always appreciate people trying to get into them with all the genwunners around.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • hi bini and welcome to pc! that's cool you play the trading card game online and collect pokemon cards. i use to collect pokemon cards a while ago, but now i collect magic the gathering cards xD you should check out the general pokemon section to see all of the different pokemon threads and find people who enjoy playing the trading card game. let me know if you need any help or a friend, just drop a vm.

Years
  • Thanks everyone! Yeah I guess the game hasn't really changed THAT much but with all the new features it just confuses me a little. Thanks, I will definitely check out all these sections on the forums that I might like. :)

Years
  • Yeah the general formula hasn't changed much but with so many new Pokemon and changes to features you'll probably have a little bit to catch up on. But luckily it's really simple to grasp and tons of people here can help you understand. 8] You're totally welcome to message me anytime too if you have some questions! Welcome~

TCGO is pretty awesome. Sometimes I want to get into it but I am so lazy lately ahha. Have a good time here on PC yes!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hey bini! Long-time Pokemon fans unite! Although I think I might have started in 2000 or 2001 but still close enough :P Haha yeah I can imagine it would probably take some time to get used to the newer games, but hopefully you'll be able to get into them :3 Maybe some of the remakes of the older games (FireRed/LeafGreen or HeartGold/SoulSilver) would be a good place to start, to bridge the gap between the old games you're used to and the newer games?

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum! Feel free to shoot me a message if you ever want to chat :3

Huseyin

Not positive, not negative
    Years
  • Welcome bini. Pokemon hasn't really changed aside from the new type and the new pokemons. It isn't really difficult once you are used to it. If you have any questions or just want to chat you can VM ( visitor message) me.

Back