• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Worldbuilding] The Heiwa Region

Make the Regigigas event an alternate timeline (make new layout official)?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Oh! I think... we have to figure out how to curtail the rampaging Pokémon, right? I mean, get the news out is one part, but solving the problem is another part. I'm doing a comic like I said which focuses on a very localized threat to one of Solitario's beachfronts, but overall how do we do?

You do bring up a good point... Well Bree is a Pokémon Ranger, right? That means there's probably a local chapter of the international ranger organziation in Heiwa. Maybe you could rally a few rangers to investigate?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024

[a id]top[/a id]
Organizations in the Archipelago

There are a number of organizations within the Heiwa Archipelgo that a citizen may join. And if you don't see one already, an interested party may always petition the current Champion Lady Emmeline (myself) to found a new one. An organization can really have any purpose, from publishing a nationwide newspaper to being a small interest group.

Joining an Organization

Joining an organization is rather simple. A citizen need only fill out a general application (below), describing your name, the organization you want to join, the position desired, and any further details that may be necessary for the job.

Application
Code:
[PLAIN][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Organization:[/b]
[b]Desired Position:[/b]
[b]Additional Details:[/b][/PLAIN]

The leader of the organization should get back to you rather quickly, but sending them a VM never hurt either.

[a id]herald[/a id]
The Heiwa Herald

The Heiwa Herald is the official region of the Heiwa Archipelago. Based out of Solitario Town, it keeps the town running solely on the revenue it generates. Owned and run by Mr. Garnet (his full name is known only by those closest to him), it has been the major source for news for Heiwaians since its inception 10 years ago. A new issue of the Heiwa Herald goes out every Friday, delivered by a team of specially trained Carrier Pidgey. Special editions of the paper have been printed when the need calls for it.

Issues
Employees
  • Mr. Garnet - Lost Heart (Owner)
  • Kayla - xxkaylabby (Photographer)
  • Bree - Aquacorde (Photographer)
  • Alicia - Sopheria (Writer)
Openings
  • Writer (x2)
[a id]kimono[/a id]
The Kimono Girls of Ombra Town

The Kimono Girls of Ombra Town are a dancing troupe that performs traditional Heiwaian dances every other Friday in the Dance Theatre in Ombra Town. Originally started by a Kimono Girl from the Kimono Dance Theatre of Ecruteak City in the Johto Region, the Kimono Girls also carry on a number of traditions found in Johto as well. Some fanatical fans have claimed the Kimono Girls have a connection to both Ho-oh and Lugia, much like their counterparts in Johto, but Lady Suki vehemently denies such accusations.

Kimono Girls
  • Lady Suki - Lost Heart (Head)
  • Lady Fujita - yayacomma
Expect more organizations soon! Or you can even found your own. ;)

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You do bring up a good point... Well Bree is a Pokémon Ranger, right? That means there's probably a local chapter of the international ranger organziation in Heiwa. Maybe you could rally a few rangers to investigate?
I could incorporate that in, yeah. If I finish the comic within the next few days, would you be willing to write an aftermath article with a recap?

also

Name: Bree (Aquacorde)
Organization: Heiwa Herald
Desired Position: Photographer
Additional Details: (Willing to draw at least one image per article; prefer a somewhat specific prompt or article summary to do the idea justice.)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I could incorporate that in, yeah. If I finish the comic within the next few days, would you be willing to write an aftermath article with a recap?

also

Name: Bree (Aquacorde)
Organization: Heiwa Herald
Desired Position: Photographer
Additional Details: (Willing to draw at least one image per article; prefer a somewhat specific prompt or article summary to do the idea justice.)

Mr. Garnet has seen your work and is pleased. Welcome to the Herald! And don't worry, Mr. Garnet is a very specific kinda guy. :)

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
Years
I have a question, what body runs the region of Heiwa? Is there any form of Government, or are the Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champion, etc. the authority? I have an application ready for the Herald, though I would also be interested in other groups.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I have a question, what body runs the region of Heiwa? Is there any form of Government, or are the Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champion, etc. the authority? I have an application ready for the Herald, though I would also be interested in other groups.

The Champion is kinda like the President/Ruler of Heiwa, with the Elite Four and past Champions/Elite Four acting as an advisory council and acting in the Champion's stead when she is unavailable. Probably not the best government, but so far anyone that was able to become Champion (which may include more than just defeating the current one ;)) is of upstanding moral fiber and would not abuse such a position (or they would be deposed by the council). Heiwa is a land of peace, so we don't really get threats of an evil dictatorship.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
bree comixxx~~

Spoiler:

also my deviantart if y'all wanna know about that thing

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
Years
The Champion is kinda like the President/Ruler of Heiwa, with the Elite Four and past Champions/Elite Four acting as an advisory council and acting in the Champion's stead when she is unavailable. Probably not the best government, but so far anyone that was able to become Champion (which may include more than just defeating the current one ;)) is of upstanding moral fiber and would not abuse such a position (or they would be deposed by the council). Heiwa is a land of peace, so we don't really get threats of an evil dictatorship.

Fair enough! While it's not incredibly democratic, at least you know the people in power can be trusted. What kind of organizations do you have planned?

@Aquacorde Sweet! Looking good.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Fair enough! While it's not incredibly democratic, at least you know the people in power can be trusted. What kind of organizations do you have planned?

@Aquacorde Sweet! Looking good.

It's a good thing you asked that! Because I have added two more organizations!

Introducing...
The Heiwaian Alliance for Introducing the Johto Starters into the Ecosystem
and
The Kimono Girls of Ombra Town

Be sure to check them out!

And that comic was great Aquacorde! :)

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
Years
Ah, great! I have a question about the Kimono girls, are they new characters or the ones from Johto?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Ah, great! I have a question about the Kimono girls, are they new characters or the ones from Johto?

They're new (your Gym Leader character could join, or you can make a second one). The founder (years ago) was originally from Johto, but all current Kimono girls (including Lady Suki) are from Heiwa.

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
Years
Name: Lady Fujita
Additional Details: One of the Kimono Girls of Ombra Town.

Organization: The Kimono Girls of Ombra Town
Desired Position: Kimono Girl
Additional Details: She's usually quiet, but she is passionate for dancing. She puts her all into everything!

That good?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024

The Heiwa Herald
Special Edition 8/6/2015

Water Pokémon Gone Berserk!

All across the peaceful region of Heiwa, since that disturbance was felt a few nights ago, Water-type Pokémon have been in an uproar. What were once some of the friendliest Pokémon in the archipelago have now become some of the fiercest of creatures, attack people and Pokémon indiscriminately. In the picture above, taken by the Herald's new photographer Bree, you can see the normally docile Azurill and Azumarill assaulting a small ship. Why, even the Magikarp have been driven into an impossible rage! Bree reports that the Happenstance was sunk by the powerful Azumarill shortly after the picture was taken.

Although we were unable to get much information from Lady Emmeline, she did let us know that the Heiwa League was looking into the matter, and warned us that all boats would be delayed until the problem is dealt with. We then consulted with Heiwa's own Water Pokémon Master, the Gym Leader Kayla. According to Ms. Kayla, this wild behavior amongst Water types in Heiwa is unheard of, and she suspects an outside influence. Was it a Pokémon? A group with some nefarious purpose? Ms. Kayla is unsure, and says that trainers should take care when training their own Water Pokémon, as it is not known whether owned Pokémon will be effected too. When asked what could be done to calm the Pokémon, Ms. Kayla suggested that a natural solution would be best, for both the environment and the Pokémon.

Gym Leader at Risk of Losing Position?

Uh-oh! A recent investigation of the Heiwa League by the Herald has found that Heiwa's Ghost-type Gym Leader Awan has been mysteriously absent from his gym (maybe even the region!) since his promotion just a week ago. This is troubling news, as never before in the history of the Heiwa League has a Gym Leader been dismissed due to dereliction of duty. We at the Herald implore Mr. Awan to please return to his gym once more!

Well that concludes the first issue of the Heiwa Herald! What did you all think? Hopefully once we get some writers on the staff, we'll have some more stories for you all. :)
Also a big thanks to Aquacorde for providing the Herald's name and its very first illustration ("photograph")!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Additional Details: One of the Kimono Girls of Ombra Town.

Organization: The Kimono Girls of Ombra Town
Desired Position: Kimono Girl
Additional Details: She's usually quiet, but she is passionate for dancing. She puts her all into everything!

That good?

Yep, this looks about right! Welcome to the Kimono Girls Lady Fujita! Expect a PM soon describing the details of your position.

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
Years
How are we going to get to the bottom of this mystery, though? I'm worried about the residents of Itaso Town especially.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Hmmm, I don't know if I wanna make the Psychic Gym Leader, a kimono girl or an ex-kimono girl if that's possible... lol.

Also, oh no. D: What's going on with the precious Water Type? Aiyah, there will be disaster if it's not solved soon enough... and it seems Awan just... vanished, poof. Like a ghost... oh noez.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
so i was thinking we could use a natural element to help stop the pokemon from attacking the boats. we could get grass type pokemon to use sweet scent to stop the pokemon and distract them from attacking the boats. if that doesn't work, we could use psychic pokemon to use telekinesis to take control over the water pokemon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Bree's plotline is that she stops the immediate threat in Solitario by isolating the Pokémon from the psychic influences. She also calls up the rest of the rangers working in Heiwa to help other places. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dunno how exactly they wanna deal with the many, many mon that are affected tho because ya can't do that on an individual basis really.

Back