• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Worldbuilding] The Heiwa Region

Make the Regigigas event an alternate timeline (make new layout official)?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Update incoming!

So I'm thinking this whole regular update stuff isn't working out to well. Instead I'll basically update as often as possible, as frequently as everyday if I'm feeling particularly motivated. I'll be sure to ping your notifications so you can keep up with each update.

For now, expect the next update tomorrow!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Hey this looks great! Sorry I'm a late to this, im new and just became active. I'd love to sign up though!
    So ill just leave my sign up here and hopefully be able to join!

Name: Didier Ferguson (if last name needed)
    Trainer class: Fire Type Gym Leader preferred and if still needed
    Ace Trainer other wise
    Pokemon: Gym Leader: Infernape ( Closer with Blaze ability and Flare Blitz, all out attacker), Typhlosion (Flash FIre), Houndoom (Flash Fire), Rapidash (Flame Body), Talonflame (Gale Wings), Chandelure (Flash Fire)

Ace Trainer: Primeape, Kingler, Golem, Sceptile, Noivern

Additional details: As the Fire type leader, i'd prefer to be the seventh gym. I dont remember what city that is.
    Ace Trainer: I'd like to be in a nice little grassy area or along a coastal area sometime after the 7th or 8th gym.

Thanks for making this! hope to be part of it!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024

A Disaster is Coming

Trainers across the region were roused from their sleep late last night to the strongest earthquake in recorded history. Many worried that Mt. Sumendi (or perhaps some other dormant volcano) was erupting, but this was not the case. The truth was far more terrifying. Deep in the oceans, far from Heiwa, a primal force was awakening.

The Original Regigigas

So great was this Pokémon's power that the very regions themselves were moving. Heiwa was no exception. It was now much further away from its fellow regions than ever before, alone in a vast ocean. And it was this very ocean that will turn against it too. See, Regigigas' actions had a secondary effect: the earthquakes caused by the rapid shifting of land spawned numerous tidals waves, one of which is headed directly for Heiwa!

Citizens are advised to evacuate to high ground as soon as possible while we monitor the situation. We will do the best we can to mitigate the damage, but the situation looks grim.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    Can't afford an escape boat? No worries!
    I now sell lapras for 5k a pop! Still a steep price, but can you really put a price on your own safety?
    Supplies are limited so act fast!
    *infomercial ends*

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Adventure Update ~ 10/24/2015

All Trainers Are Evacuating To Safe Locations Until The Danger Has Passed

There are three League-sanctioned tsunami centers in Sumendi Town, Primaria City, and Loreak City. Trainers will be evacuating according to their closest location:

Sumendi Town
    • Alicia
    • Noah
    • Florent
    Primaria City
    • Emmeline
    • Bree
    • Lao
    • Joshua
    • Awan
    • Eleska
    • Marjorie
    Loreak City
    • Brina
    • Laure
    • Thomas
    • Joy Rameirre
    • Mimi Matters
    • Marlene
    While we are waiting for the tsunami to pass, you are confined to the city of your tsunami center. This means you are free to battle other trainers and observe around the facility/city. Should you encounter a wild Pokémon you may attempt to catch it, however observing also opens you up to challenges from NPC trainers.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Trainer: Marlene
    Starting Location: Vivre City
    Starter: Mareep (Ellie)

nG7AJyE.png
    A9DFoWz.png
    kPus1VX.png

Marlene had picked a really bad time to leave home; it had only been days since she'd said goodbye to her mother, and an earthquake had shaken up the whole region. Everyone was still in panic mode as they waited for more information.

A tsunami was headed for Heiwa, that much she gathered - but having only heard bits and pieces from a small group of trainers travelling the same way as her, she didn't fully grasp the severity of the situation just yet.

Still, she decided to follow them. Ellie bleated softly in her arms as they made their way towards the tsunami center in Loreak City as quickly as possible. Hopefully she could call home and get in touch with her family from there, and [span="font-size: 14px;'][observe][/span] her surroundings for something to do in the meantime.

---​

Had a different post written but it didn't quite fit with the current situation, and I didn't want to wait until after the event to join, so there you go. :P

Shop/farm coming soon! I've gotten the OK from Hopeless Masquerade to offer rideable Pokemon and clothing. :) For the sake of story I think I'll have it up after the tsunami passes.

Last edited:

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
    Years
  • Elite Four Brina
    669MS.png
    290MS.png

Brina stirred the milk in her tea. "This whole thing has stopped me from finally leaving Loreak... Then again, it's probably for the best." She [observed] the others in the centre. Being the highest authority figure there, responsibility was coming down on her shoulders like a landslide - having only been a member of the Elite Four for just under a month, it was a bit of a shock to suddenly be accountable for all these people. In fact, she hadn't even decided on a secondary type to use when faced with challengers.

Thinking about all this, she suddenly realised she hadn't spoken with Ailla for a week at least. Sick with worry, Brina pulled out her phone and dialled her beloved sister's number as fast as she could.

Beep...Beep...Beep...

"Hello?"
    Brina sighed with relief. "Hey Ai, it's Bri."
    "Bri! Are you alright!?"
    "Well, I'm fine... the region is a different story."
    "How bad is it?"
    "Well, there's a Tsunami heading for us but I'm at the Loreak Centre. I was wondering how you were, actually."
    "I'm safe! I was on a plane back to Unova to visit. I'm reporting from there until the situation clears up."
    "That's good - as long as you're safe!"
    "You need to stay safe too! I've got to go now, so best of luck! See you soon."
    "Alright, I'll see you soon..."

Click!

Brina slumped on a wall. At least she's safe.​

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    The Initial Forecast

Initial satellite image data paints a grim picture of the incoming tsunami. The location and shape of the wave indicates that the cities of Vittoria, Elurte, Ohea and Port Piccolo are most at risk.

All citizens are advised to evacuate to designated safety centers in Primaria City, Sumendi Town and Loreak City. Considering the time-sensitive nature of the evacuation, helicopters and league-sponsored Flying Pokémon will be offering emergency flights to all citizens in the danger zones first, before moving to less at risk locations. Citizens that are able to reach safety on their own are encouraged to do so, as it will help expedite the process for the pilots.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024

The First Wave

It was quiet. Too quiet. Even the Pokémon were nowhere to be found. It's funny how nature has a way of knowing when disaster will strike.

Eye witnesses brave enough to stay behind on Elurra Island would report the drastic recession of the shoreline as hundreds of meters of the seafloor were exposed to the air. Once again, Elurte and Elurra island were one again, something that had not been true for over 100 years. But this changed quickly, as the massive form of the first wave rose over 40 meters in the air, looming over over the relatively flat expanse of Elurte...

When it struck, it surged over the land, demolishing trees, houses, cars... everything that stood in its way stood no chance against the rushing water. In its wake, destruction. When the wave reached Elurra it crashed against the high cliffs, shifting the land but breaking against the solid rock. As the wave moved on, the water began to recede. But one thing was clear: Elurte Island was gone, swallowed by the sea save for a small bit of the now expanded Elurra Island.

Further south, Ohea Island saw similar destruction, as entire parts of the island were submerged. The impact so strong that it altered the drainage of the sea, exposing new, smaller islands from the sea. Unlike Elurte, which due to its size saw a relatively less devastating loss in terms of housing, the destruction of Ohea City is disastrous, as one of the largest tourism centers in the region was lost to the waters.

Tens of thousands are now homeless, their lives destroyed by the sea. And this is only the first wave.

Some of the first changes to the layout of the region are happening!

HfuNy7e.gif

In the aftermath of the first wave, already things in the region have taken a drastic turn south. But these changes are not final, as a second wave is coming...

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024

The Second Wave

The northern areas were underwater--some were hoping that the first wave would be the last. But tsunamis are never just a single wave.

Coming from slightly south of the first, Itsaso never stood a chance against it. The floating town was promptly swept aside and destroyed, with only the sand of the atoll left, as if the town had never been there. As the wave continued towards Vivre and Loreak, it was clear that this wave was much more powerful than before.

Striking the island and its children, the wave decimated the islands surrounding Loreak, sinking them beneath the sea. The high cliffs near Loreak stopped much of the damage, but Vivre was not so lucky. The marshes were absolutely swamped, and farms swept away. The distance the wave had to cross prevented major structural damage but the entire city and countryside were flooded. This would not be a good year for the farmers that called Vivre home.

Thankfully, this was the last of the destruction that Regigigas' awakening would bring. Only now the true challenge for Heiwa would begin: rebuilding what was lost.

CFPJUL6.png

And the final changes to the layout have happened! Here's a look at what's gone down:

gCBuJcr.gif

To match these layout changes a new map will be released, featuring new cities and routes! And stay tuned for Part 2: Rebuilding.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • A LETTER FROM THE REGION OF SAANN
    Operation Utopisland

To Heiwa Champion, Emmeline, and her fellow Heiwanians...

Good day, as you have asked for help with the disasters that have troubled your nation for the past few weeks, the region of Saann would like to aid our fellow Heiwanians in this time of need.

Skynet Industries, the leading manufacturer of technology in Saann, has provided you with 50 Hydrovers, a land and sea vehicle that could help you in searching missing persons in the region, 20 Evaporators, which would help in clearing the floods in your cities, 10 Build Cranes, which are useful in rebuilding infrastructure around Heiwa, and a Terraformer, which would be used if incase the damage is too extensive and would like to start over.

In addition, we have sent in a program called skyMate, which would be helpful for tracking any disturbances around Heiwa before it happens.

We would like to express our deepest sorrows for the families who have lost their loved ones, but we believe that the fight is not yet over. We hope that this would boost our friendship to higher regards.

Yours truly,

emmCaduceus
    Lady Emmelie Caduceus
    Saann Champion
    Head Chancellor of the Caduceus Council
    Chancellor of Central Saann

R. LaRunde
    Robert LaRunde
    Skynet Industries CEO
    Chancellor of Skytopia​

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • (I hope it's not an awkward time to join)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    (I hope it's not an awkward time to join)

Spoiler:

It's a great time! You'll be the first trainer to join for the new region layout. :)

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2015
    ((Here's my character. It's probably a bit weird compared to most of what you get, but eh.))

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    ((Here's my character. It's probably a bit weird compared to most of what you get, but eh.))

Spoiler:

I love the concept for the person you've given! However, I like to think of Heiwa as constricted to the canon of the games (with some bleed-over from the anime) as far as the supernatural goes. So while a psychic ability to communicate with his Froslass is within the realm of possibility, his soul being bound to one is not. I hate to shoot your idea down like this (because honestly I love things like this, very much reminds me Harry Potter), but you'll need to rework you character a bit. I can accept him as being a trainer with a unique psychic ability, but not exactly as you've presented him.

Now then, for everyone else, here's a tentative schedule of what I have planned for the coming weeks:
    • Finalizing the Regigigas event (if you have ideas for it, please do post them!)
    • The Rebuilding Saga, that is a collection of stories detailing the rebuilding of Heiwa (more info coming soon)
    • A simplification of the Adventuring System, because I honestly made it too complex for me to run well
    • Maybe even some stories detailing the history of the region

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Hello friends! Big things are in the works, but before I continue I ask this of all of you.

Should the Regigigas event be treated as an alternate timeline (and therefore restoring the original region layout)?

I know it was a bit of a wild move, so I'd like opinions on it! Please let me know by answering the poll. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Might be a good idea to keep your own canon ticking over, especially with the hack in mind as a huge layout change might be hard to work in! :)

Back