• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Design a Gym! - Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Design a Gym! #1

vz5AAwi.png
    yyN7EcM.png
    j6YfcKC.png

Introduction

A new Gym is opening up and you've been employed to design it! Let's get down to business. You have three weeks, until April 3rd, to submit a map of a Pokémon Gym of any type. This is the ROM Hacking section, but your map doesn't necessarily have to be made in a ROM. After the submissions round is over, members get to vote and decide the best Gym!

Awards

During the voting period, users may vote for the Best Gym Design and Best Gym Puzzle. The Gym with the most votes in each category will get an emblem, and it's possible for a Gym to win both categories.

unknown.gif
    unknown.gif

Rules

• One Gym entry per member
    • Members can give feedback and comment on the entries in this thread
    • Participants may vote, but not for their own entries

Signing Up

Just post here with your entry and the following information! Remember the deadline is April 3rd.
    Gym mapshot: a URL to the map of the Gym with the Trainer NPCs and Leader in it. It can also be attached to your post.
    Pokémon type: the type of the Pokémon the Trainers in the Gym use.
    Details (optional): any details you want to include about the Gym. Like the concept behind its design, or how the puzzle works.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Oooh awesome :o. In the details, does the puzzle we describe have to be actually functional or can it just be a "if I could manage this" kind of thing?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Oooh awesome :o. In the details, does the puzzle we describe have to be actually functional or can it just be a "if I could manage this" kind of thing?

It can be anything! This is a design contest so any puzzles are allowed, even if the actual implementation would be hard to manage.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Cool idea. I'm awful at designing gyms so I won't join in but wish luck to anyone who does participate. I do have a sneaky suspicion that Christos is just running this so he can steal gym ideas for Eclipse because he's uncreative.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Cool idea! Definitely want to give this a try. I was going to complain about broken emblem images but then I realized you're still working on them :P

E.C.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Coincidentally I just finished creating new tiles for a really cool gym idea I thought of, and this thread just appeared today. I'll definitely be sure to enter this.

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
    Years
  • I'm in!
    I don't know why there's so many scary cats around here... Pfft

Pokémon type: Rock type
    Details (optional): This is my remake of the Pwter city's Gym. Brock waits you at the end, but u must to defeat all the hikers and karate guys around there.
    Gym mapshot:

tumblr_o1mdddQl2s1tp2yqno1_400.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    It is the wired thing to ask ever i saw. It is hard and silly to do this-_-

It's just a Gym map making contest. You could submit a Gym map from your hack, if you're working on one. But you don't have to participate if you find it hard!

I'm in!
    I don't know why there's so many scary cats around here... Pfft

Gym mapshot: https://40.media.tumblr.com/6e92a3ef5984c680dce19c0895235d1a/tumblr_o3zig0neX71tp2yqno1_250.png
    Pokémon type: Rock type
    Details (optional): Is the remake of the Pwter city's Gym. Brock waits you at the end, but u must to defeat all the hikers and karate guys around there.

Can you provide the whole map instead of a screenshot?

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
    Years
  • It's just a Gym map making contest. You could submit a Gym map from your hack, if you're working on one. But you don't have to participate if you find it hard!

Can you provide the whole map instead of a screenshot?

Done ;)
    I rrly rlly hope other users wants to join!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Yorkshire City Pokémon Gym

Leader: Abbott

Type: Normal

Puzzle:
    None (as it is a basic Pokémon Gym)

Description:
    The Pokémon Gym of Yorkshire City also serves as the local church, both of which are run by Abbott, trainer battles with the congregation are optional.

Church%20Gym_1.png

The map itself was made mostly with the use of Advance Map, however, the paper on the walls, the Cross and corner on Abbott's right side were edited through MS Paint, along with the Gym Guide.

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Gym mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon type: Dragon (or fire?)
    Details (optional): The map is pretty big so I'll do a walkthrough of every floor. This is the final gym of the region so I tried to make it a little more challenging and longer than most other gyms.

First floor:
    Spoiler:

Second floor:
    Spoiler:

Basement:
    Spoiler:

Second floor:
    Spoiler:

First floor:
    Spoiler:

Second floor:
    Spoiler:

Third floor:
    Spoiler:

Fourth floor:
    Spoiler:

Fifth floor:
    Spoiler:

Sixth floor (roof):
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    There have been too few submissions so I'll give this another week. Please get your submissions in by April 10th!

Tobiasu

Desu intensifies
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Pokémon type: Not specializing in any type
    Details : This gym also serves as a gourmet restaurant.The leader's name is Gordon(real creative here).In order to challange the leader,you must defeat all the trainers.(the people who eat there,the waiters and the chefs).After you defeat Gordon,he'll give you the Mousse Badge,TM 50(Overheat) and a level 15 Chikorita.

Attachments

• Gym.png
      Gym.png
      26.6 KB · Views: 125
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back