• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How did you feel about Fennekin when it was first revealed? Did this change over time?
I'm pretty sure I started off heavily liking it and the Kalos starter that was eventually my fave (Froakie) I initially started off not liking it as much, but Fennekin's design was the most simple of the three yet somehow still had a good charm to it. It's now my second fave (behind Froakie) but I still love it.

Fennekin vs. Vulpix - which is the superior Fox Pokemon?
While Vulpix is the original fox, I love Fennekin and its evolutions' design concept better. Especially when you consider that it heavily ties in with the other Kalos starters and the RPG theme they have going on.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
How did you feel about Fennekin when it was first revealed? Did this change over time?

I mean, I am not hating Fennekin but once I saw it, I never liked its typing tbh. Would be better if it is Grass or something like Dark.

Fennekin vs. Vulpix - which is the superior Fox Pokemon?

F*ck it, Vulpix. Of course, nostalgia always wins. But Fennekin is still a gucchi Pokemon. I do not hate on it, it is good actually but just my personal opinion. :))

pkmin3033

529 - DRILBUR

600px-529Drilbur.png

"By spinning its body, it can dig straight through the ground at a speed of 30 mph."

Underground, overground, wombling free~ Today's Pokemon of the Day is Drilbur! Introduced in the fifth generation as a Mole Pokemon - a classification is shares with the infuriating Diglett - Drilbur, rather than using its terrifyingly long and sharp claws to burrow, spins its entire body to become a drill instead. As its mindlessly happy expression would suggest, Drilbur is a friendly Pokemon that is quite comfortable around humans...although with claws that long, any human that picked a fight with it would probably regret it. In the anime Drilbur has never made any substantial appearance outside of a few of Iris' flashbacks, hers having long evolved into Excadrill before the start of the series.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Drilbur! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Who do you think can dig faster - Drilbur or Diglett?
  • Did you find Drilbur to be as useful in B/W as Diglett in R/B/Y?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Who do you think can dig faster - Drilbur or Diglett?

Drilbur can dig at speeds of 30 mph, but since Diglett can "allegedly" pull its head underground at the speed of light, I'll just go with Diglett for a while.

pkmin3033

113 - CHANSEY

113Chansey.png

"A rare and elusive Pokémon that is said to bring happiness to those who manage to get it."

Wild Chansey fled! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Chansey! An infuriating Pokemon that could only be found in the Safari Zone originally - and seemed to like being caught even less - Chansey turned out to be well worth the frustration, with its astronomical base 250 HP and base 105 special defense. Its kind temperament makes it the ideal punching bag: you can literally pound on it until you can do nothing but Struggle and it'll smile, hop about a bit, and pop off another Softboiled, making your hard-won progress chipping away at its health undone in a single turn. Chansey brings happiness to those who have it by bringing misery to its opponents. The origin of the extremely useful Lucky Egg item - as well as the Lucky Punch, Oval Stone, and Luck Incense - Chansey has also received a pre-evolution and an evolution, and has since (un?)fortunately become far easier to obtain in the games. In the anime, Chansey has appeared repeatedly as one of Nurse Joy's assistants.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Chansey! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Did you catch a Chansey in the Safari Zone in R/B/Y? If so, how long did it take you?
  • How would you have your Chansey egg?

Adam Levine

Years
None of the questions I can answer, but I love Chansey. It's adorable, fat, and is really crazy in the metagame. I simply love it.

Years
usBcugW.gif

CHANSEY used READ! It's not very effective...

Did you catch a Chansey in the Safari Zone in R/B/Y? If so, how long did it take you?
Never tried catching a Chansey in R/B/Y, since I never realized quite how useful they could be until later on. If I ever get around to downloading Blue on the eShop though, I'll probably make room for a Chansey on my team.

How would you have your Chansey egg?
Soft-boiled, of course! Is there any other way?

Years
Did you catch a Chansey in the Safari Zone in R/B/Y? If so, how long did it take you?
I never really played the original Kanto games, so I unfortunately can't share that experience. But I do know how tough they can be to catch even outside of Kanto's Safari Zone.

Like Brendan said, I'd have it uh, soft-boiled. It is her signature move after all.

Runiel

I am male
Years
Yep, I did catch one, my friend told me that Chansey is really Good and Recommend me to catch one. How long did it take? I'd say about a good 1 Hour of Running around in the Safari Grass.

Soft Boiled? This Question's answer is Obvious.

Also, i'm sad that Chansey is replaced by Audino as Nurse Joy's Assistant D:

pkmin3033

355 - DUSKULL

355Duskull.png

"It doggedly pursues its prey wherever it goes. However, the chase is abandoned at sunrise."

By the Power of Greyskull! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Duskull! A spooky Pokemon introduced in Gen III, Duskull is the one your parents warned you about: it spirits away disobedient children, making it the best friend of stressed parents. However, it also delights in children's crying, meaning it is probably largely responsible for a lot of the stress in the first place. In the second Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles, Duskull is in charge of running the bank...because who better to trust with your hard-earned money than a ghost, right? Turns out you can take it with you after all. Unfortunately for Duskull, it has never had what could be considered a prominent appearance in the anime, its defining moment being when it scared an inexperienced May when she first set out on her journey. It has had several cameos since. Perhaps the children of the Pokemon world are simply too well-behaved to warrant a visit from it...

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Duskull! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How would you rate Duskull's design for spookiness when compared to other ghost-types?
  • If you lived in the Pokemon World, do you think you would have been a target for a Duskull when you were younger?

Adam Levine

Years
How would you rate Duskull's design for spookiness when compared to other ghost-types?

Really spooky. I mean, it has this one creepy eye hiding beneath a mask and a cloth of some sort.

If you lived in the Pokemon World, do you think you would have been a target for a Duskull when you were younger?

Yes. Absolutely. Still probably am now. Sigh...

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
How would you rate Duskull's design for spookiness when compared to other ghost-types?

Its indeed very spooky. It has a lovely screepy design.

If you lived in the Pokemon World, do you think you would have been a target for a Duskull when you were younger?

Actually No. I think I'm pretty obedient

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
One of my favorite actual literal ghost Pokemon, I'd rate it above Gengar :P Wanna use one in RS remakes <3

Not for the most part, though I would simply battle it xD

pkmin3033

571 - ZOROARK

600px-571Zoroark.png

"Stories say those who tried to catch Zoroark were trapped in an illusion and punished."

You should not trade something like that for a mere glass of whiskey. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Zoroark! The first Pokemon of the fifth generation to be revealed alongside its pre-evolution, Zoroark's signature ability Illusion allows it to comes out disguised as the Pokemon in the back of the owner's party, making it the ultimate troll. Despite not being particularly special or noteworthy, it is still rather difficult to get hold of in the games. In the anime, Zoroark debuted in the thirteenth Pokemon movie alongside its pre-evolved form Zorua, in which it is held captive by the diabolical, camere-brand named villain Grings Kodai (yes, really) and forced to troll and terrorise the townspeople by creating illusions of the Legendary Beasts in exchange for Zorua's safety for reasons only vaguely explored in the film.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Zoroark! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Were you excited for the fifth generation after seeing Zoroark? In hindsight, would you have picked a different Pokemon from that generation to be revealed first?
  • Despite being very similar to it in terms of design appeal and getting its own movie, Zoroark has never been as popular or as useful in the games as Lucario. What would you do to improve it?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Were you excited for the fifth generation after seeing Zoroark? In hindsight, would you have picked a different Pokemon from that generation to be revealed first?

No, (sorry) I swear whe i first looked at it, I thought it was gay.. I would like to see Zekrom and Reshiram first TBH.

Despite being very similar to it in terms of design appeal and getting its own movie, Zoroark has never been as popular or as useful in the games as Lucario. What would you do to improve it?

Release it in Pokken Tournament or do a nother movie about it or just make a storyline about it in Pokemon Sun and Moon.! :D

Adam Levine

Years
Despite being very similar to it in terms of design appeal and getting its own movie, Zoroark has never been as popular or as useful in the games as Lucario. What would you do to improve it?

I guess I would have to make it faster and stronger. Somehow.

Also give it a Mega. We need another Gen V Mega.

Runiel

I am male
Years
Zoroark? Aw yiss, my Favorite!

Were you excited for the fifth generation after seeing Zoroark? In hindsight, would you have picked a different Pokemon from that generation to be revealed first?

I was Excited when i first Saw Zoroark, at first i thought it was some kind of a Pseudo-Legendary, buuuut still kinda awesome seeing it for the first time.
If i have to pick the First Pokemon to be revealed from fifth Generation it would be the Legendary dragons, ye.

More Zoroark in the Anime and also, put it in more Movies Involving the new Legendaries. And maybe, make a new Mega Evolution for Zoroark, that would be so Badass.

pkmin3033

83 - FARFETCH'D

083Farfetch%27d.png

"The sprig of green onions it holds is its weapon. It is used much like a metal sword."

Arattzattza ya ribiraririn raba rittan rindam denrandu~ Today's Pokemon of the Day is Farfetch'd! A touching story of a bird and its stick, Farfetch'd will defend its stick with its life...or its life with its stick, if necessary. A weapon of choice, food of choice, and even a nesting material, truly no grander relationship exists in the Pokemon World. Although sources cannot decide if the stalk is a green onion, a leek, or just a regular plant stalk. As the only Pokemon with an apostrophe in its name - because name character limits in video games are a curse, right? - nicknamed Farfetch'd cannot actually be returned to their species name because of this. Given the ridiculous number of symbols and such that can be put into nicknames, one might call this limitation...farfetched. Farfetch'd has appeared numerous times in the anime, usually as their owner's Pokemon of choice...because there is no chance this Pokemon could play second-fiddle, right?

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Farfetch'd! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Farfetch'd are one of the few Pokemon confirmed to be used for food...what do you think it tastes like?
  • How do you envision a Mega Farfetch'd?

Adam Levine

Years
Farfetch'd are one of the few Pokemon confirmed to be used for food...what do you think it tastes like?

Duck, but I don't really know what duck tastes like.

How do you envision a Mega Farfetch'd?

I would imagine Farfetch'd as its proper title: The Slayer of Trees, otherwise known as DUX.

Also the leek should look cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back