• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Which Pokemon do you think would be stupid enough to fall prey to Amoonguss' Pokeball-luring strategy?

Sorry guys, I use that strat.

Before the existence of the Pokeball, do you think Amoonguss existed in some form? If so, what do you think it used to attract prey in place of its Pokeball shields?

Magearna? OMG, someone make a theory about this.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Which Pokemon do you think would be stupid enough to fall prey to Amoonguss' Pokeball-luring strategy?

Basically any Pokémon that's stupid enough because they find the pattern attractive.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years

I see ditto being easily fooled xD and most starters of course pikachu I can just see knowing it 100%. But seriously its gigantic they must just look at the pattern before thinking :3

pkmin3033

235 - SMEARGLE

600px-235Smeargle.png

"Smeargle marks the boundaries of its territory using a body fluid that leaks out from the tip of its tail. Over 5,000 different marks left by this Pokémon have been found."

Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Smeargle! A relatively forgotten Pokemon introduced in the second Generation, Smeargle is an artist who firmly believes that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so despite being mediocre in itself, its signature move Sketch allows it to copy the last move used by its opponent (excluding Chatter and Struggle) permanently. Be it a simple-minded Splash or a terrifying Roar of Time, if Smeargle can survive the hit and use Sketch, that move becomes its to keep. It learn Sketch once every ten levels up to Level 91, too. This gives it some rather terrifying and highly interesting options in competitive battles. In the anime, Smeargle has been relatively scarce, only ever having one major appearance - in which a trio of them vandalised a town with random scribbles - and has otherwise been limited to minor cameos.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Smeargle! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What is your ideal Smeragle moveset?
  • So...how do you think Smeargle's "paint" works? Can it run out if it gets dehydrated? Can it change colours and, if so, how?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
What is your ideal Smeragle moveset?

Toxic, Light Screen, Thunder Wave, Reflect. Play defensive.

So...how do you think Smeargle's "paint" works? Can it run out if it gets dehydrated? Can it change colours and, if so, how?

Maybe, Smeargle's paint is his urine? lol

Adam Levine

Years
What is your ideal Smeragle moveset?

No offensive moves, but I would give it Spore, Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, and Magic Coat. I'm not really a fan of using Magic Coat, but meh.

So...how do you think Smeargle's "paint" works? Can it run out if it gets dehydrated? Can it change colours and, if so, how?

I guess the paint is actually its mucus. Colorful mucus. And other colors are just other things Smeargle encounters, like smashed berries. Probably.

pkmin3033

432 - PURUGLY

432Purugly.png

"It binds its body with its tails to make itself look bigger. If it locks eyes, it will glare ceaselessly."

i can haz cheezburger? Today's Pokemon of the Day is Purugly! A prime example of what typically happens to your cute little kitten if you keep it in the house and pamper it, Purugly feels the need to make itself look even bigger for some reason...perhaps to make up for its generally mediocre stats and limited movepool. That said, Purugly is faster than it looks, with a base speed of 112. In the anime and games both Purugly is the higher-level Pokemon of choice of Team Galactic; mostly notably, Commander Mars has one. Its other appearances in the anime has been limited to cameos...probably because it's indoors, tucked up on the couch, fast asleep.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Purugly! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Is Purugly REALLY that ugly? How would you rate it when compared to other feline Pokemon?
  • ...a lolcat you'd like to see as a Purugly, or one that reminds you of Purugly. Go.

Adam Levine

Years
Is Purugly REALLY that ugly? How would you rate it when compared to other feline Pokemon?

I find Purugly to be a unique little cat. It's a fat, territorial, and one of the best evil pets to have. It's also a bit cute for me.

pkmin3033

258 - MUDKIP

600px-258Mudkip.png

"To alert it, the fin on its head senses the flow of water. It has the strength to lift boulders."

So i herd u liek mudkipz? Today's Pokemon of the Day is Mudkip! One of the three Hoenn starters - and actually voted the most popular in a poll conducted by Nintendo of Europe! - Mudkip is surprisingly adorable for a Pokemon based off one of the most disturbingly ugly fish in existence. Popular enough to get its own nonsensical meme, Mudkip is a Pokemon of many talents: it can sense water flows, lift and crush boulders, and can even use the gills on its cheeks to breathe. It's also extremely docile, making it perfect for beginners...at least until they get to the third Gym, anyway. If you haven't evolved it by then, you're screwed. Brock owned a Mudkip for a short time in the anime, although he eventually evolved it into Marshtomp.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Mudkip! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• So...DO you like Mudkip?
  • Did you choose Mudkip in your latest playthrough of ORAS, or in an earlier playthrough of R/S/E? Did you find it to be a good choice in starter, or were you left wishing you'd picked one of the other two?

Adam Levine

Years
So...DO you like Mudkip?

It's adorable, it's memetic, it's likable in general.

Did you choose Mudkip in your latest playthrough of ORAS, or in an earlier playthrough of R/S/E? Did you find it to be a good choice in starter, or were you left wishing you'd picked one of the other two?

I used it once in Emerald. I regret it because I kept losing to Wallace because of it.

Years
So...DO you like Mudkip?
Yes, I even love the meme about Mudkip.

Did you choose Mudkip in your latest playthrough of ORAS, or in an earlier playthrough of R/S/E? Did you find it to be a good choice in starter, or were you left wishing you'd picked one of the other two?
I actually chose Mudkip in all my Hoenn playthroughs, and it pretty much never lets me down as a great starter with its balanced stats and usability.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
So...DO you like Mudkip?
Yeh I guess

I like them all, but I picked Mudkip first because water is my first choice for a starter. I never regretted the descision.

pkmin3033

660 - DIGGERSBY

660Diggersby.png

"With their powerful ears, they can heft boulders of a ton or more with ease. They can be a big help at construction sites."

On the farm, every Friday, on the farm, it's rabbit pie day. So every Friday that ever comes along I get up early and sing this little song... Today's Pokemon of the Day is Diggersby! A Normal/Ground-type introduced in Generation VI, whilst Diggersby is not quite as popular as Lopunny (although looking at its design it really isn't difficult to see why...) it still has a few things going for it: it is the only Pokemon currently revealed with its type combination, and for some reason it also learns Spikes, being the only Ground-type to do so. Not that it does it much good as, with Huge Power, it is much better suited to being a physical attacker. In the anime Diggersby has only appeared a couple of times; under ownership of a character of the day, and in the dream of Clemont's ridiculously overpowered Bunnelby...although why a Pokemon as adorable as Bunnelby would want to evolve at all is a mystery that will never likely be solved.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Diggersby! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How efficient do you think Diggersby is as a construction worker when compared to the more buff Pokemon commonly used for such work, like Machoke and Conkeldurr? What sort of work do you think it would undertake?
  • How much do you think Diggersby would benefit from a Mega Evolution? Is this something you'd like to see in the future?

Adam Levine

Years
How efficient do you think Diggersby is as a construction worker when compared to the more buff Pokemon commonly used for such work, like Machoke and Conkeldurr? What sort of work do you think it would undertake?

Digging, duh?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
How efficient do you think Diggersby is as a construction worker when compared to the more buff Pokemon commonly used for such work, like Machoke and Conkeldurr? What sort of work do you think it would undertake?

Probably building another Bat Cave.

How much do you think Diggersby would benefit from a Mega Evolution? Is this something you'd like to see in the future?

Please, I do not want to see his design, just, for the love of God.

pkmin3033

149 - DRAGONITE

149Dragonite.png

"An extremely rarely seen marine Pokémon. Its intelligence is said to match that of humans."

My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail is a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Dragonite! The original overpowered pseudo-Legendary at the end of the regional Pokedex - which would spark a trend in later generations - despite its gentle-looking demeanour Dragonite is still a ridiculously powerful and terrifying threat in the game...which is probably why Lance had three of the bloody things in the first gen titles. For some reason they even knew Barrier of all things, which they couldn't learn legitimately until a recent event distributed one with said move. In the anime, Dragonite has always been reserved as a powerhouse of noteworthy trainers: Lance, Drake of the Orange Islands, Clair and, for some reason, Professor Oak had one too. Iris also encountered an extremely moody and frankly terrifying Dragonite which she somehow managed to tame, and a ridiculously huge one was encountered by Ash and friends in the thirteenth episode of the original series.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Dragonite! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Dragonite resembles fairy dragons in design. Based on this, would you like to see it acquire the Fairy-type in the near future - either as part of a re-type for the next generation titles, or through a Mega Evolution? How do you imagine being Dragon/Fairy would change Dragonite in the current metagame?
  • Six generations on, how does Dragonite compare to other pseudo-Legendary Pokemon in your opinion?
  • How difficult did you find Lance's Dragonites in the first/second generation titles?

Adam Levine

Years
Six generations on, how does Dragonite compare to other pseudo-Legendary Pokemon in your opinion?

Even though Dragonite looks strangely amusing, it's one of the best pseudos there is, second only Garchomp (and tied with Metagross), strategically. Multiscale, that's why.

Designwise? Eh, I prefer the other six. Almost everyone beats Dragonite in my opinion (sorry, Tyranitar).

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Dragonite resembles fairy dragons in design. Based on this, would you like to see it acquire the Fairy-type in the near future - either as part of a re-type for the next generation titles, or through a Mega Evolution? How do you imagine being Dragon/Fairy would change Dragonite in the current metagame?

Not a bad idea though.

Six generations on, how does Dragonite compare to other pseudo-Legendary Pokemon in your opinion?

Dragonite is really good at sweeping.

How difficult did you find Lance's Dragonites in the first/second generation titles?

Lance's Dragonites are not hard if you have the Lapras.

pkmin3033

637 - VOLCARONA

637Volcarona.png

"When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun."

With the Power of your Ancestor, Grant the prayer of your followers, Arise and show your Power! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Volcarona! Volcarona takes far longer than any other Pokemon to go through a single stage of evolution, evolving from Larvesta at Level 59, although the wait is worth it. With a unique Bug/Fire typing, the highest base special attack of all Bug-type Pokemon, and an impressive signature move in Fiery Dance - as well as access to Quiver Dance, Volcarona is a strong threat. Just don't send it out when there are pretty much any entry hazards sitting on the field waiting for it. Unsurprisingly, Volcarona has only been made easily available once in the games, in Black and White in the Relic Castle...and even then, it has a measly catch rate of 15. In the anime, Volcarona has made but a single appearance, in which a hunter was attempting to capture it. Brycen was having none of it, however.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Volcarona! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What do you think of Volcarona's design when compared to the other moth-like Pokemon?
  • As things stand, Volcarona and it's pre-evolution are the only Bug/Fire dual-typed Pokemon. Is this a combination you would like to see in other Pokemon in the future, or should it remain exclusive to Volcarona?

Adam Levine

Years
What do you think of Volcarona's design when compared to the other moth-like Pokemon?

Since there's only like two other moth Pokémon, Volcarona tops both of them and every other. Look at it. IT'S A SUN MOTH!

As things stand, Volcarona and it's pre-evolution are the only Bug/Fire dual-typed Pokemon. Is this a combination you would like to see in other Pokemon in the future, or should it remain exclusive to Volcarona?

Unless the next one has Levitate or Magic Guard, please don't make another Fire/Bug type. Larvesta and Volcarona have suffered quite enough from entry hazards and we don't want anything as bad to happen to the next ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back