• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tiny family, big crowd

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What number of RPers are you usually comfortable with playing together with? This is regarding written RPing here on the forums. Do you prefer a tiny group or a wider range of characters of players?

Imo there are pros and cons with both constellations.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Imo there are pros and cons with both constellations.

/thread

If something is heavily interaction based? Definitely small. Otherwise chaos ensues or posting orders are needed, and RPing-wise, I'm not mad about either. If the RP allows for characters to delve into their personal subplots and interact more conservatively, I don't mind huge groups, because the size of the player-base will not affect a single player as much.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Yeah, I much prefer a smaller cast. Biggest RP with the most activity right now is definitely Titans and I know, if I were to have joined that, I'd have been completely overwhelmed. Even in a more open, sandbox-style environment, I still feel a smaller number of players lessens the feeling of obligation to post and just allows people to get to know one another's characters more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
/thread

If something is heavily interaction based? Definitely small. Otherwise chaos ensues or posting orders are needed, and RPing-wise, I'm not mad about either. If the RP allows for characters to delve into their personal subplots and interact more conservatively, I don't mind huge groups, because the size of the player-base will not affect a single player as much.
That is an interesting way to look at it. I guess that's why plenty of sandbox or individualistic journey RPs tend to allow a large number of players.

Yeah, I much prefer a smaller cast. Biggest RP with the most activity right now is definitely Titans and I know, if I were to have joined that, I'd have been completely overwhelmed. Even in a more open, sandbox-style environment, I still feel a smaller number of players lessens the feeling of obligation to post and just allows people to get to know one another's characters more.
I do agree, actually. While 10+ players can be fun because it of course creates a lot of buzz and hype when many can take part in a RP, I tend to not do too well with more than 6 characters to get to know and keep track of, honestly. I'd rather seek out smaller RPs, even if they can be tougher to get into since the GM probably wants to be a bit more critical with who they let in, than a large RP would need.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
like disclosed and adventure, in general i prefer to be in smaller rp's i say as i'm in Titans :p

7-10 is about the perfect number for me, as there are enough people so that things don't get stagnant, but not thirty posts every other day

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I think I have to say that I prefer smaller roleplays. Titans is definitely the largest cast that I recall ever roleplaying in, and already I can say that I don't enjoy the high number all that much. It presents a lot of chaos and conflict, it would seem.

It's easier to get things rolling and keep it all moving with smaller groups. It also provides less room for conflict, but on the other hand, if conflict does arise, it will affect the roleplay more deeply. Similarly, smaller roleplays are hurt more by a single player dropping out than larger ones are.

Back