• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Combo Craftsperson"

Years
  • Hey, fellow Pokken players! Is there nothing more satisfying than winning a match with a long, complicated combo? Do you think it's fun to go to training mode and practice a combo over and over until you get it just right? Is the combo dojo your favorite place? If you answered 'yes' to any of those questions, then this is the thread for you!

Here we can all share our beloved combos, and compile them into one comprehensive list! The combos can be long or short, ranging from two moves to a million; they can be in either field phase or duel phase; and they can require support Pokemon, or access to a wall. My only rule is that all of your combos have to be true and inescapable. Also, please refrain from copying-and-pasting combos from the combo dojo. Leave a post with a combo and I'll add it to the big list in this post (of course, you'll receive credit for inventing the combo).

If you ever notice a non-true combo on the list, let me know immediately. All of these are made with default controls in mind. Now then, let's get started!

Machamp:
    Spoiler:

Garchomp:
    Spoiler:

Blaziken:
    Spoiler:

Mewtwo:
    Spoiler:

Chandelure:
    Spoiler:

Suicune:
    Spoiler:

Shadow Mewtwo:
    Spoiler:

I'll add the other characters as people come up with combos for them. If there are any adjustments I can make to the formatting, just let me know! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't have any examples to share right now but you're absolutely right, stringing together an amazing combo is the best feeling, especially when it results in a knock out!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    These are a few I use a lot for Garchomp:

Weak Combo->Dig finisher (Duel Phase, Y,Y,Y->forward A) - Does more damage than the standard Dragon Claw finisher.

Strong Attack->Rising Dragon (Duel Phase, X->Rising Dragon) - Hold X from the moment you begin the strong attack, Rising Dragon will be charged as soon as Garchomp lands.

Stone Edge->High Stance X->Strong Attack (Duel Phase, backwards A->Up X->X) - Great for reversing the situation if your back is to the wall, as the Up X will send the opponent over Garchomp and it'll move forward a bit, causing you to effectively switch places.

Sand Tomb (crit)->backwards Y->Poké Combo 1(Duel Phase, Down A (crit)->backwards Y->Y,Y,Y,Y)

Aerial Charged Y->Sandstorm->forward Y (Field Phase, aerial Y, charged->run forward->backwards Y->forward Y)

This is just copy-pasted from my little Garchomp guide that's in the process of being created lol

A cute little thing that I learned today was that if you hit someone's shield in Duel Phase with the YYY combo, you can use Sand Tomb at the end to get 'em instead of using another attack and leaving yourself open to punishment.

Years
  • These are a few I use a lot for Garchomp:

Weak Combo->Dig finisher (Duel Phase, Y,Y,Y->forward A) - Does more damage than the standard Dragon Claw finisher.

Strong Attack->Rising Dragon (Duel Phase, X->Rising Dragon) - Hold X from the moment you begin the strong attack, Rising Dragon will be charged as soon as Garchomp lands.

Stone Edge->High Stance X->Strong Attack (Duel Phase, backwards A->Up X->X) - Great for reversing the situation if your back is to the wall, as the Up X will send the opponent over Garchomp and it'll move forward a bit, causing you to effectively switch places.

Sand Tomb (crit)->backwards Y->Poké Combo 1(Duel Phase, Down A (crit)->backwards Y->Y,Y,Y,Y)

Aerial Charged Y->Sandstorm->forward Y (Field Phase, aerial Y, charged->run forward->backwards Y->forward Y)

This is just copy-pasted from my little Garchomp guide that's in the process of being created lol

A cute little thing that I learned today was that if you hit someone's shield in Duel Phase with the YYY combo, you can use Sand Tomb at the end to get 'em instead of using another attack and leaving yourself open to punishment.

This is the exact kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thank you!

Just to be sure... None of these combos require any charged/held attacks, right?

Edit: I completely skipped over a few sentences... Don't ask how that happened, but I found the information about charged attacks that I needed. {XD}

Back