• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming #1: Crossy Road - The New Frogger!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Year of Gaming #1:
Crossy Road

XfMh0qZ.jpg
Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

HbntaaH.jpg
This is El Héroe Oscuro. He's been heralded as the champion of video games. Think you have what it takes to take the title from him? Each week, he will be competing against you for the highest score. What will you get if you beat his score? On top of emblems being awarded, a raffle ticket is on the line that at the end of every 5 week cycle will enter you into a chance to win a $25 Supporter Rank or video game gift card of your choice. The more times you beat him, the more raffle tickets you get and the better chance you have of winning the prize. But don't take him lightly: he's pretty damn good at video games...
Rules

As this is a free mobile game, you can access the game in the App store on your phone by searching for "Crossy Road" - it will be the first match. It doesn't cost a single dime to get so download it.

After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said picture. This is how you enter into this challenge.

You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be October 4th, 11:59 PM ET.

Emblem

AgObmxh.jpg
Standings
1. Austin - 361 clucks
2. Juno - 332 clucks
El Héroe Oscuro - 319 clucks
3. ddr26 - 246 clucks

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Wait, what happened to view game arcade week and the emblems related to that? Is this a continuation?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Wait, what happened to view game arcade week and the emblems related to that? Is this a continuation?

I asked Dragon for permission to take over the series, as I have a history in the past for doing this kind of event. It is, in theory, a continuation of the Video Game Arcade Week concept, just renamed back to it's initial namesake (the Year of Gaming was a series I started in...2014 I want to say that did exactly what VGAW did.) As for the emblems related to that event, I'll message Dragon to make sure the emblems are awarded in a just manner.

Reactions: EC
Years
I got 184 but forgot to screenshot it at the end of the run, so I went back just now and saved proof. If this doesn't count let me know and I'll go for a different score. :)

MntJ1KT.png

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Alright beat this to start guys. I'll update the OP whenever I can and remember: if you finish in the top 3 you get an emblem, but if you beat my score you'll earn a raffle ticket to win $25 in prizes! Score to beat is 87.

I got 184 but forgot to screenshot it at the end of the run, so I went back just now and saved proof. If this doesn't count let me know and I'll go for a different score. :)

MntJ1KT.png

Nah, has to be the actual score at the end of the round! Reason is a person who has played this game before could easily just use their high score from months prior to jump up the leaderboards. If you got in the high 100s I'm sure you can do it again! (:

Attachments

• IMG_5547.PNG
    IMG_5547.PNG
    36.4 KB · Views: 5

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Everyone's scores have been updated into the OP! Keep up the good work everyone! Watch out though, I'm going to be playing later today and I am known to get some really high score hehehe >:)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
ALSO, here's my updated score as of now for Crossy Road. Not as good as y'all's, but I'm catching up!

Attachments

• IMG_5628.PNG
    IMG_5628.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 1

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I was so on edge in this game, beat my own personal score but couldn't beat some of the high scores. I was so pissed how close I was aaahhhh.

Also, notifying y'all as a reminder that YOG #1 will end Tuesday @11:59 ET, so get your scores in to earn an emblem and try to beat my score to win a chance at a $25 video game gift card!
- snip -[/spoiler]

Attachments

• IMG_5690.PNG
    IMG_5690.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 2

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
I'm absolute garbage at all these games lol.

Spoiler:

Back