• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I think it's just a remaster, no?

From Polygon:

"A rating for a new edition of Bulletstorm has popped up on Brazil's classification board, pointing toward a current-gen release for the 2011 shooter.

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is coming in 2017 to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One, according to the Brazilian rating. Gearbox Software is listed as the publisher instead of Electronic Arts, which put out the original version of the game.

Polygon discovered assets for a possible remaster of Bulletstorm during E3 2016 in June, when Microsoft included screenshots in a press kit. Despite the new, 4K-resolution images, neither Microsoft nor original developer People Can Fly has confirmed that the remaster is in the works.

Bulletstorm first launched on PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Xbox 360 to positive reviews. A year later, Epic Games acquired People Can Fly; the studio regained its independence three years later, in 2015. People Can Fly took back the rights for the Bulletstorm franchise in the process and announced it was working on an undisclosed new project."

Sounds like a remastered edition.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
That's certainly an...interesting choice. They say it's not confirmed but it's probably happening.

I mean, nothing against Bulletstorm, but...these guys must really have nothing to do right now.

These "Brazil leaks" are generally on point. If I recall correctly, the Bioshock and Ezio Collections first leaked from there and were correct, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

In terms of which one or why it was done, it's up in the air. Epic Games and People Can Fly, the developers of Bulletstorm, are both working on games; Epic Games had a free online game come out this year - or maybe it was just the beta, I remember seeing gameplay of it - called Paragon, and both companies are working collaboratively again on a survival game called Fortnite which comes out in 2017.

I played a bit of Bulletstorm back when and while I think it was semi fun, I don't the game it screamed "omg this game needs to be remade when next gen hits the market."

Years
I'm not entirely sure why they felt the need to remaster Bulletstorm already. I didn't think it was a super fun game, but like Matt said, it was semi-fun I guess. But also I don't really remember it that much, so I guess I'll be seeing more gameplay and being reminded of it when the remaster releases.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I remember only getting it because I wanted access to the Gears Of War 3 beta.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I thought it was pretty fun myself. Then again I'm also fine with just turning off my brain to cause mindless carnage once in a while too...

I may pick it up depending on the price, but I wouldn't pay more than 20, and that's assuming the graphics and everything are re-done and it's not just bumped up to 60fps.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
It would be better for People can Fly to just release a much better PC port of Bulletstorm instead of a whole new "remastered" edition of it for 2017. Heck, the improved Bulletstorm PC port should have been released years ago. Playing Bulletstorm on console through a friend's house was quite sweet. I really wish the same could be said with the PC version...

To add some positivity (remind me to not use this word ever again else I'll shoot myself with my own BFG) though,I think Bulletstorm up to this day is a masterpiece that makes fun of the military shooter theme, but is hampered by a rather subpar PC port which requires those who have the game to fix some of the game's files just to make it work better.

And yes to those who have not played Bulletstorm ever in their existence, I ENDORSE YOU BRETHREN and Hot ladies to play it! I fckin endorse that game even if its not so good on PC (again, it can be fixed to perform better).

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
How windows 10 do with gaming now.

Spoiler:

WHY U DO DIS, yeh even since the windows 10 comes to my life I really felt a bit regret of getting it , WIndows7 is way more stable than this :<

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
So i was looking through some lovely lovely video game stories, controversies, circle jerkings, and typical triggerings and I'm not entirely sure what to try sharing to our lovely little hub.

There's a couple that I've looked upon:

1) People complaining about Battlefield 1's campaign having a protagonist of African decent thus some people commenting that from White washing there's now "White eradication" (Seriously, that's what i heard)

2) Frank West's look and even voice actor being changed/overhauled for Dead Rising 4. So basically Frank West's voice actor was recasted into some particularly unknown talent, and fans of the Dead Rising Franchise are obviously not happy with it.

Oh and our good friend Jim Fckin Sterling (son) has a video about recasting of voice actors in video games. I pretty good video as usual from our dear beloved friend.

3) Digital Homicide's futile battle against negative criticism on their games... oh and to those wondering who the heck Digital Homicide are, they are the same talent who made some quality video games such as The Slaughtering Grounds.. by quality, i mean the quality of one's puke and phlegm matter after one has drank an endless stream of liquor for playing said game in under an hour.

And of course days later, Digital Homicide is officially out of business.

There are so many stories. Its lucky of me to still have time to wake up very early in the morning so i can look up some juicy gaming related news and circlejerks to talk about.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Literally had no issues with Win10 since I'm using it.
Are you actually using it for gaming? :D

Dunno, W10 seems like a cheap way how to make a mobile OS usable on PCs...
Plus, the settings are incredibly complicated, lol.

I'm pretty surprised MS only counts with W10 for their Xbox + PC partnership. If they actually wanted to break into PC market, wouldn't the most used system, W7, make much more sense?
Sure, it does not have a Win store, but still...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Microsoft's trying too hard to make sure that people who now have Win 10 feel safe. They need that feels good man vibe in owning Win 10.

Playing Gears 4 with peasants i mean console owners is going to be sweet though. Some of my XBone friends are already hyped up with the cross platform play.

Gaming news days is pretty slow i feel. I just missed on the No Man's Sky reddit toxicity fiasco, which i wanted to see with my very own eyes.

In other regards:

Smite players should probably know the reference of this skin:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also, great scotch. Infinite Warfare and COD4 Remastered all costing 130++ GB of Hard Disk space. Like for real? I guess when you bundle in two games that should have been separated, that was bound to happen. RIP all those with mid tier hard disk space.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Yeah, I'll have to delete Overwatch for a while to make space for Infinite Warfare/Modern Warfare: Remastered. Can't wait though. Less than a month!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
For what it is, I think I'll get ReCore when i have enough savings since i felt that I would be playing the game during my spare time. its been a while since I played a decent 3rd person action-adventure game and considering that this is Comcept's rather bounce back from the disaster that was Mighty No. 9, i think its going to be worth the shot.

I'm fully aware of the technical issues it has right now, and I'm hoping that Comcept works on patching the game with some updates to fix the load times and other performance issues.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
For what it is, I think I'll get ReCore when i have enough savings since i felt that I would be playing the game during my spare time. its been a while since I played a decent 3rd person action-adventure game and considering that this is Comcept's rather bounce back from the disaster that was Mighty No. 9, i think its going to be worth the shot.

I'm fully aware of the technical issues it has right now, and I'm hoping that Comcept works on patching the game with some updates to fix the load times and other performance issues.

Have you tried the demo? There's a demo out on the XBOX One as we speak.

Yukari

Dunno, W10 seems like a cheap way how to make a mobile OS usable on PCs...

No, that's Windows 8. c;

I'm a bit interested in ReCore... But, at the same time, I'm probably not going to give it a try until a price drop. I can't say that I find myself trusting Inafune or Comcept after some... previous things. :/

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
What Phil Spencer thinks of the bad reviews of ReCore and Forza Horizon 3

Hmmmm so Philly Spence has some rather interesting comments on those negative reviews.

Also, after reading the reviews on ReCore, i could definitely say that I am going to play it should ever it be sold on a discount or something. The whole "repetitive gameplay" remark from website reviewers has got me as triggered as their socio-political kickbait writings.

When will game reviewers stop using the "repetitive gameplay" or actually grow some ***ing IQ regarding what a good "gameplay loop" or how "Core gameplay" should be. Damn I'm already triggered to the point of me wanting to go into a killing spree against some Nazis in Brutal Wolfenstein.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
In other regards:

Smite players should probably know the reference of this skin:
Spoiler:

Honestly, every time I've played Smite, I always had to give a nod to the team behind it for their references and humors. You don't expect references in a moba but they're always there, somehow. I think Neith having Caramelldansen as victory dance is still my favorite. Even league has this stuff too, tho. Vilemaw doing the Carlton dance and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back