• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • I have a tab opened up at PC Gamer because well.. lord Gaben told me so in a dream i had this afternoon.

So in other good news..

Bioshock Collection's system specs and other details revealed

Spoiler:

It feels good that the specs in my upcoming new rig (Its really coming now), I used DOOM 2016/DOOM 4 as my benchmark regarding the system requirements so running Bioshock collection on max settings will be a piece of cake with my future rig ;).

Then there's homefront the revolution being free to play, but sadly i only read it now, but the discount is up till monday. Feels good.

then there's Space Hulk Death Wing, definitely something that me and my Warhammer friends are going to play a ton once we get our rigs ready.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    For anyone on the fence, I highly recommend the Forza Horizon 3 demo. Another beautiful game by these guys.

Years
  • For quite some time, I've been wanting to check out the Fire Emblem series. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good place to start?

I generally recommend the 2003 Fire Emblem for GBA for newcomers to the series, because it was also the rest of the west's first exposure to a FE game. If that doesn't do it for you, then I recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening for 3DS (my personal favorite in the series). I think it's the most accessible for most people.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Awakening did save the franchise so it's probably the easiest to get into. It's not too difficult, nor too easy. If you do play it however, do yourself a favor and play on Hard. It's not really a Hard option, it's just that Normal feels too much like Easy mode, while Hard has the standard FE difficulty.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Fire Emblem.. as for Awakening, yeah its a good start for the newer generation and not to mention, if you like your fictional handheld chicks, FE Awakening is a good start. Sumia and Lucina man.. everyone wants that Lucina though, and Cynthia ain't that bad too.

oh wait, did I just mention possible spoilers? My bad then.

Anyway, I'm still stuck with my crummy laptop but the computer tech guy who i talked to is already waiting for me to give him the go signal to finalize all the parts for my custom PC.. its an estimated 2500 USD built or in our currency, exactly 118,257 Pesos including a genuine operating system. Now i just have to pull out some of my savings, then find a way to fit the whole thing inside my room, while still keeeping my laptop. I'd take a picture for it once its officially within my living quarters.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Anyway, I'm still stuck with my crummy laptop but the computer tech guy who i talked to is already waiting for me to give him the go signal to finalize all the parts for my custom PC.. its an estimated 2500 USD built or in our currency, exactly 118,257 Pesos including a genuine operating system. Now i just have to pull out some of my savings, then find a way to fit the whole thing inside my room, while still keeeping my laptop. I'd take a picture for it once its officially within my living quarters.
    Specs Specs Specs Drop the Specs Here Go

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I'll do so when its officially done. Like i said, I'll be taking a cute picture of it :3

On some gaming related stuff and definitely not Sh*tposting...

BioShock Collection isn't half bad as reviews are currently talking about.

Now We need that System Shock remaster to come to life from its barebones Alpha and we should have a SHOCKingly good gaming time ;)

*Inb4XinDontpunpls*

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Speaking of Fire Emblem, I'm going to be cracking out one of the SNES versions and trying to beat the goddamned second level........truly horrific and extremely difficult.
    Good ol' Thracia 776. Relentlessly beating on the blind players. At least, I'm assuming it's Thracia. Wouldn't really make sense if it was Genealogy, because all problems in that game can be solved with Sigurd or *insert other Demi-god here*.

If you are playing Thracia, and you're intent on seeing it through. I'd suggest consulting a guide. In no way is this a condescending suggestion, I'm only saying this because Thracia punishes the player going in blind. Like, already in Chapter 1, there's a good chance you just missed out on Orsin's best weapon, the Pugi. Or, if you didn't know that there was a Chapter 2x, you miss out on a character that's instrumental for Chapter 4 - 6. And, without spoiling, Chapter 4 gut punches the player incredibly hard that you might literally be required to start a new file to progress, if you didn't have prior knowledge.

Despite this, it's still a pretty great game.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I suppose? Aside from making sure that Adean's pursuers are dispatched before attempting to take Genoa, I want to say it's a little more tricky than hard. You only need to be in range of the bandit to aggro Ayra, after that she's free to pursue whoever - preferably someone on a horse - while Sigurd can book it past her or go around the forest. The game does you give the perfect character in the form of Alec, who can out move her and negate Astra because of Nihil: if you're inclined to engage in combat with her.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Just finished the first Bioshock. Such a great game. Glad I waited for the remastered versions of these. Gonna take a few days off, do the challenge room stuff, then take another break and move on to Bioshock 2 after some Forza Horizon 3.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • For anyone on the fence, I highly recommend the Forza Horizon 3 demo. Another beautiful game by these guys.

Heeeeellllllll yeah! I played the day the demo came out. I don't think I've ever put the better part of the day into a demo before. Not that there's many of those anymore sadly...

Reactions: EC

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It's also getting incredibly high reviews, so that's good.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I know I'm in that weird part of gaming land when I'm watching MLG Destiny, or I'm watching Destiny content in general. Yep. Weird part of gaming land.

Shewt and Lewt.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Going to fire up the remastered Bioshock 2 on Monday. Can't wait. First game was incredibly fun.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • It's a shame that Bioshock turned out to be a bad remaster. I hear there's almost no difference on PC, and it even looks worse in areas. Also tons of new bugs. Now I can't decide if I should play the remaster or just go with the original. At least they weren't that greedy and everyone who bought Bioshock got a free remaster copy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back