• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's baaaaaack: VGC 30-Day Music Challenge!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Day 21: A song with piano

A series I've been thinking about recently due to the remaster talk. I still hope one day CC2 will come around and at least release the damn games on PS2 to PS4 so maybe...I dunno, 4 people in the world can say they've actually played them. I love 'em so much, but they're so neglected, and IGN didn't really help in changing that with it's sparkling reviews. Never change, IGN.

Anyway, I think this song from the game probably portrays how I feel better than any words ever could. It's painful as hell to listen to for me, largely because growing up, and even now, this series really meant a lot to me.

...And looking now, apparently, all videos of the game audio for that song is gone. That's...really upsetting. I'd post one of the many covers of it, but...eh. It's Desktop from .Hack//G.U., for the interested.

Guess I'll just post this other one, since it's beautiful and heavily nostalgic for me.

Maybe it is the nostalgia talking, but goddamn...this game had a way better OST than it had any right to. Another OST that feels almost lost to time, since it's rare that you hear people talk about it or its composer.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 22: A song with guitar

Well, just got Yo-kai Watch 2 a few days ago, and finally got to my first boss fight. Love this boss theme compared to the one in the first game. Nice blend of traditional Japanese instruments and the guitar.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 22: A song with Guitar

RIP & TEAR from DOOM 2016's soundtrack, composed by none other than Mick Fckin Gordon.

There is a big reason why i often listen to Doom 2016's soundtrack other than it being one of my favorite VG soundtracks from one of my favorite video games of recent times. The heavy guitar riffs and that dashes and flair of heavy metal perfectly fits the whole theme, lore, and atmosphere of Doom. It is all about a high amount of unadulterated and unapologetic action. Whenever i hear the phrase "Rip and Tear" it is a powerful reminder of what i have to do in order to overcome my adversaries in both gaming and in life.. RIP AND TEAR!

Also, Mick Gordon has officially released the soundtrack of Doom 2016 a few days ago, which basically makes my post a lil bit of shameless promotion. Seriously though, Mick Gordon's take on the Doom 2016 soundtrack is simply amazing. It really shows in the music he has predouced for the game that he has a complete understanding of Doom and made a soundtrack that honestly outdoes the original Doom music.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Day 22: A song with Guitar

Easy! The tune has many different versions in Halo 3: ODST and one in Reach, such as Skyline - Air Traffic Control, The Menagerie, Fly by Night, etc. But they all share the same kickass tune and guitar. But this particular version adds a Guitar Solo over it so I'll go with it!

Day 23: A Title Screen Song

Probably one of my favorites is Sleeping Dogs' Menu pieces. I think it has a bit of local flair you don't normally see in both "gangster" games and Western games that take place in a foreign location.

+1 for loading screen music
remix

Good times Loading geometries.

Day 24:Final Level / Dungeon

In honor of the release of the sequel next week, I see no better choice that Last Orders from MAFIA II

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 24: A Final Level/Dungeon Song

The entry that marked the end of the traditional Paper Mario style and ventures into more platforming/action-rpg territory. That being said, it's still a good game, with a good story, and really emotional ending. As a Mario villain, Count Bleck actually has some depth and background to him, lol.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 24: Final Level song

Its quite a weird occurrence to me that I remember usually the final BOSS musical themes but not the final levels, in cases where the final level is a separate motif to the final boss theme so, in soul searching for some pieces i definitely remember...

Well i found one, and one that is definitely a final stage in a campaign. Jin Dynasty's Final battle theme or The Battle of Cheng Du. While Dynasty Warriors 7 was at most a flawed yet "step-in-the right direction" game for the Dynasty Warriors series, DW7 in my personal opinion had some of the most impactful musical pieces, some of which are even better than the game after this (The excellent DW8). As a final battle theme to mark the end of the Three Kingdoms Era, this musical piece perfectly represents what was at stake, a battle to end all of the battles. Whoever composed this track from Koei-Omega Force's in house studio, kudos and respects for making such an amazing piece of music that I'll always remember for years to come.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 25: A Final Boss theme

The normal battle theme in Xenosaga Episode 1 is great, but hearing it for entirety of the game is kinda tiring. Not until you get to the final boss does the music actually change, lol.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Day 21: A song with piano

I'm really drawing a blank here so I don't even know if this one really counts, but really can't think of any songs that are mostly piano.

Day 22: A song with guitar

Have to go with another Dynasty Warriors for this one.

Day 23: A title screen song

Don't think I used Megaman X so far, so time to give him some time to shine.

Day 24: A Final Level/Dungeon Song

What's really cool about the song is that it starts with the standard stage title sound, but leads into a complete song.

Day 25: A Final Boss theme

RPGs aside, I really loved this final battle and the song.

Day 26: An epilogue/credits theme

Now I realize I didn't get a chance to use any Bayonetta songs. Time to change that.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I'm riding on my back log bicycle train.

Day 23: Title Screen Song

Borderlands 2.

For a good reason. For the past few months, I've spent so much time playing Borderlands 2 that this very title and main menu theme has been stuck to my head for a couple of days, and for what it was all worth, i might as well post it here. For what it is, it is a relaxing piece of music that a vault hunter needs to listen to before diving straight into the game. Not to mention, i get to look at my last selected character during the main menu so that's a plus.

Day 25: Final Boss theme

Like it or not, to me Hard Corps Uprising was something to me. Sure Contra purists hate it for being very "anime-fied" and not having the traditional one hit death conditions, unless set in the options or game modes, but There's something about this final boss theme that is just so fun to listen to. And yes, given that the music was composed by Daisuke Ishiwatari, much of Hard Corps Uprising's music is very reminiscent of BlazBlue (HCU was made before Guilty Gear XRD came out of the shadows).

Day 26: End Credits Theme

Classic Doom 2: Hell on Earth

Another end credits theme i get to hear often when i have gaming sessions in my laptop as i play some Doom wads and mods and just spend the entire afternoon or even evening just ripping and tearing through some user made content. Oh and for once its good for me to post some music from Classic Doom for once.

Arsenic

Years
Day 25: Ther Finol Bawss

Halo 2's Tarturus will be my selection here.

Day 26: End Credits

It took a while to find a youtube that had both parts together but here is Black Mesa Source's end credits for an unfinished story

Day 27: Song I wish I could play

I think there's too many to answer.... So um.... Have Reach's full soundtrack

Day 28: An unnaturally catchy tune

That one song from Crysis that isn't on the OST and has no name but seems to be everyones favorite song from the game from well... Crysis (Might change to an actual similar track from the album when I get home and remember the hell it's called...)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 28: An unnaturally catchy tune

I could easily cheat this thread and just list down the whole soundtrack of the greatest "bad" game ever made in the Parody RTS Stalin vs Martians, a masterpiece that truly deserves to be seen and EXPOZED for the whole world to experience.

It was a difficult choice for me to decide which in Stalin vs Martians' glorious OST deserves this highlight but I have to give it to this track:

This is pretty much the "Main" battle theme of the game since its the one that plays the most often. The cool thing about Stalin vs Martians is that unlike most other RTS games, this game actually manages to put a "Combat" theme during actual combat. All Hail Stalinator (90's Remix) truly deserves to be the game's main battle theme as it perfectly parodies one of the the games its firing shots at, Command and Conquer Red Alert.

Arsenic

Years
Wouldn't dream of letting it die bud ; )

Not reserved for anything productive

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 27: Song I wish I could play

USA Combat Theme 1 - Command and Conquer Generals

Slap in those Red, White, and Blues, those M16s, M14 Enhanced Battle Rifles, M1 Abrams tanks, F22 Raptors, A-10 Warthogs, and those B2 Stealth Bombers, as well as guzzle a whole grog nozzle of Budweiser! Better unload those C4s then lock em in on the enemy's doors. AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

The Command and Conquer games have always been quite keen regarding the in game music and Generals' OST has to be some of my fave OSTs in any video game. The USA Army's combat and ambient themes pretty much scream AMERICA!

I swear if I had a band and we were all a bunch of gamers who grew up playing Generals, we would play this very track as our introductory piece to hype up the mother fckin crowd!

Back