• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30 Days of Gaming Challenge, v2.0!

Years
Day 1 - Very first video game.
Spoiler:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
(Psst. Rabi. Might wanna fix your CopyPasta first post. Your example isn't from Final Fantasy! Ps you might want to include the youtube tags in that section just for those who don't know them.)

Day 1 - Very First Video Game
Spoiler:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 1 - Very first video game.

Usually the first questions asked in this of type of thread, and I still don't really have a concrete answer for it, lol. It was so long ago, that it's pretty much a toss up of some of the more popular NES games. Coulda been either Super Mario Bros, Paper Boy, Duck Hunt or the Ninja Turtles games. Didn't actually own a console until the SNES came out.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Day 1: Very First Video Game
Spoiler:

WELCOME TO MARIO KART!!!

Was the only game I ever dragged my older sisters into playing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Day 1: VERY FIRST VIDEO GAME

gametetris.gif

My first game was Tetris for the original Game Boy! I mean honestly, I was like 3 or 4 so I had no idea how to play, I just liked pushing buttons and making blocks fall. The first game that was bought for me would be Pokémon Red, which I got when I was 5-6, but I'm pretty sure Tetris was the very first video game I ever experienced.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
Day 1: Very First Video Game

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 1: How i lost my video game virginity i mean my very first video game

battle-city-japan.png
battle-city-japan.png

If I remember my past correctly, the very first video game that I ever played was probably Battle City. Yep, that NES game where you play as a tank pilot along with another tank pilot just blowing up other tanks in different terrains and tilesets. Simple days.

The best part, this is also one of the few games that came with a level editor called "Construction". I remember making my own maps as young as whatever the heck my age was that time, that also explains my love for level editors or something in other games.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Day 1: Very first video game

From the games I've played in my life, and mostly the ones in my childhood, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 will always be my first video game. I say it that way because of course there would be a game I've played before it or whatsoever, but this one has sticked to me the most and is the one I used to spend the most time on. It's also the first game I used to play on PC, which is my main go to now, and thus why I'd call it my first video game.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Since its already Oct. 11 in my timezone..

Day 2: favorite video game character

Spoiler:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Day 2: Your Favorite Character

Spoiler:

Wheatley from Portal 2. Stephen Merchant plays this character so very well. Whole game was great.

Years
Day 2 - Your favorite character.

Spoiler:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 2 - Your favorite character.

Spoiler:

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
Day 2 - Favorite Character

Spoiler:

Arsenic

Years
Day 2 - Your favorite character

I feel I already did this in another thread...

This is a hard one and I'm not really 100% sure of my answer, but I'm going to chose
Spoiler:

Years
Day 3 - A game that is underrated.

Spoiler:

Arsenic

Years
Day 3 - A game that's underated

That's an easy one!
Spoiler:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Day 3: A Game That Is Underrated

Spoiler:

Back when Ghostbusters games were good.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 3: Underrated game

L3tve7s.jpg

Borderlands: The Presequel

Okay, this game may not be as "underrated" as what people may usually think, heck we all know that this game borrows way too much from its older brother Borderlands 2, down from the assets to even how much of the game works. But what i feel that Borderlands TPS does better than any of the mainline BL games (1 and 2) is that Gearbox has finally learned how to create some very synergistic skill trees for ALL of the playable characters, and to me that is a VERY IMPORTANT PART in any action-RPG esque game.

However, BLTPS did have a lot of issues at launch which greatly held the game back before a couple of patches and DLCs finally came in to save the game. These issues included some bugs, bosses or unique enemies that didn't respawn which basically meant there was no way to farm certain weapons, among other things.

For what BL:TPS is, i think its a game that deserves to be at least be seen higher by its fans, as well as Gearbox themselves. Aside from other issues, BL TPS was way too similar with its older Bro BL2, which i think held the game back, but when looked at a deeper angle, TPS did things that are better than how they were in BL2: Character Skill Trees having far better synergies, Every Character unlocking their action skill at lvl3 instead of lvl5, less crappy uniques and legendaries (although TPS like BL2 still has a couple of them), and overall a less tedious version of Ultimate Vault Hunter mode because enemy health regen was really silly in BL2's UVHM along with the already ridiculous health and damage resistance scalings.

Should Gearbox really do some efforts in creating Borderlands 3 (or that rumored Borderlands 1 Remaster), they should really look more into the right things that they did for Borderlands The Presequel.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 3 - A Game that is underrated

Spoiler:

I'll keep answering this question with the two Baten Kaitos games until Monolith Soft decides to make a third one. Two overlooked games for the Gamecube, that really deserve a spot with some of the other high profiled games on the system. The games have their flaws, like the VA's (particularly in the first game). but it has arguably Sakuraba's best work, along with some of the most beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds. That game had some pretty awesome design to it; with some of the cities being the most imaginative I've seen in any game. Story in both were engaging, and while the card battle system can take awhile to get use (especially in the second game) it's pretty fast flowing and fun.

Arsenic

Years
Day 4: Guilty Pleasure game

Hmmm...

Spoiler:

Back