• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Steal a Feature, Lose a Feature

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Imagine you could steal a feature implemented in X and Y (and Sun and Moon - with the new revival rules this thread will now be valid then!!) and then exchange one of Fifth Generations features.

What feature would you get rid of in the Unova games in exchange for any feature introduced in X and Y (and now Sun and Moon)?? How would this improve the Unova games?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Give me character customization and give them Musicals. I'm one of few oddities who actually enjoyed Musicals, but in the grand scheme of gen 5 features, Musicals don't hold a candle to the likes of the PWT and PokéStar Studios. Sadly Musicals weren't as in-depth as the gen 3 and 4 Contests, so I don't think a lot would be lost if they were gone--especially if replaced with character customization. In a game with such an immersive narrative and compelling cast, being able to customize your character would add an extra level of immersion that could really just "click" with the rest of the game.

Also I just really love character customization.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    I would definitely exchange mega evolutions introduced in Gen 6 and replace it with the underground .
    I mean wouldn't it have been cool to just fight with mega evolutions before hand .
    that would totally make Gen 5 a killer series .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would definitely exchange mega evolutions introduced in Gen 6 and replace it with the underground .
    I mean wouldn't it have been cool to just fight with mega evolutions before hand .
    that would totally make Gen 5 a killer series .

But... The underground is a fourth gen feature. Gotta trade something from this generation!

Mega evolutions in this game would take it to a whole new level but on the other hand I think that would leave XY with a very small selling point so I don't mind them getting it. Unova was good enough as is lol

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    But... The underground is a fourth gen feature. Gotta trade something from this generation!

Mega evolutions in this game would take it to a whole new level but on the other hand I think that would leave XY with a very small selling point so I don't mind them getting it. Unova was good enough as is lol
    I meant Battle subway :P .
    but yeah I agree , XY would become quiet boring without mega evos .

Years
  • Definitely, as PercyX said, I would have included Mega Evolutions & Removed the Film Star Studios part. Film star studios is the most boring part of the game for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I would include the 6th gen breeding features (if I can't have everything, at least the ability to pass down 5 IVs at once via the destiny knot would be nice), and in exchange, I would get rid of the white forest/black city component. As someone who took a long time to get through my games, I was dismayed to find a pretty much deserted white forest at the end of my White playthrough, and while I really liked the concept of unique areas for the two games, I only think they would be worth it if they remained full and bustling regardless of how you approached gameplay, communication with other players, etc.

Years
  • Get rid of the Dream feature and replace it with being able to grow Berries.

Get rid of the quiet church and replace it with restaurants.

Years
  • Definitely get rid of Musicals and steal mega evolutions, that could have been pretty cool in B/W where we could only use Unova Pokemon and thus see some get a mega.

Back