• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We were lucky enough to experience one of the cutest mythical Pokémon in the games. In Black and White Victini was found on its own island, and only if you gotten the code to get it.

But that kinda sucked. Those that didn't have it or played later missed out and only got the tacky event Victini, downloadable and nothing special.

What if you didn't need a code, or a download - how would have you preferred to unlock Victini and its island? And what if the island was bigger? This is in your hands. What would you do, how would you change Victini in Unova? And what if Victini played a larger part - what would have you liked to see it do?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would like to un-shiny locke it! C'mon, gen 5. Give us the ability to RNG shiny legendaries!

I wish it was more part of the story. I actually liked how it was implemented with the Liberty Ticket but I would... I dunno. Maybe add something else to the island.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I would have made the Victini capture an in-game event that everyone could access. I think it would have been a great diversion upon reaching Castelia City, and they could have done a whole subplot surrounding it that could have been really interesting. I did like how the early island-based one appeared at a low enough level to actually be useful in-game, but because it was event-exclusive, I was afraid to touch it (or even capture it, for fear of not getting good IVs and never have another shot at it). If it had appeared in-game, fairly early on, with an opportunity to catch it each playthrough, I would have been much more likely to actually use it on my team, which I think I would have enjoyed.

As for the island size, it could have been expanded to include a subplot. It could have been its own town, complete with a Pokemon Center, and maybe it could have had a maze or some other objectives.

Years
  • I was lucky enough to experience the Victini event and really enjoyed it. After catching it, I used Victini for the rest of my playthrough and as for the event itself, I was glad Game freak didn't just give the Pokemon and instead created a pretty cool event that had its own storyline.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I was able to experience the event when it came out and it made me so happy! I knew basically nothing about Unova as I'd kept away from the info as I was losing my spark in relation to Pokémon. I thought it was amazing honestly! I put it straight on my team and powered through the game with just it and my Samurott. I really felt privileged when I played through again and couldn't get to use the Victini honestly. I actually like the fact that it was event only because it made Victini feel more special - although having it more available would be pretty cool for future playthroughs.

Years
  • I've never, ever enjoyed timed events in Pokémon games and it would be the very first thing to take a nose dive if I had the chance to get rid of one thing. Locking Legendary Pokémon isn't cool. I can see event Pokémon still being a thing like shiny Legendary Pokémon and Pokémon with special moves that they can only get through that event, but locking parts of the story away behind bars without utilizing a cheat engine is maddening. I hate it and wish they stopped doing it.

I was lucky enough to get the Victini event code while it was still available and I think I leveled it to 100 as soon as I got the thing. It isn't the best Pokémon but having that unique dual typing helped it out a lot in the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I wish it hadn't have been such a short lived event. I imported White when it came out in Japan and got that event, and raised Victini on my team. And then I got the American one when I got Black, of course. I liked the little Liberty Island sub-area/plot thing, I just wish that everyone had gotten to experience it. Not even got the game right upon release, or had wifi that might have worked with their DS at the time. I had to go to McDonalds to do the event both times I got it, haha. Worth it, but I understand that not everyone had that luxury.

Back