• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Egg"xactly how.....

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Okay so this is what people at Day Care Centers usually say, "Well your Pokemon gave birth to this egg, but we don't know where it actually came from!" (Some "Caretakers" huh -_-).

Doesn't this sound a bit irresponsible, I mean if Pokemon were actually breeding there, surely there have to be some arrangements to take care of them, isn't it? So its most likely they are lying & they do know how the eggs were formed.

So where do u think Pokemon eggs come from? Do u really think the Day Care people are oblivious to it? If not, why do u think they are hiding the facts?

Pika Pika :chu:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Maybe it's like in Minecraft where your Pokemon go into love mode, kiss, and then poof an Egg magically appears.

I think the Daycare workers actually DO know what happens.. they just don't want our innocent little ears to hear what actually happens and tell us that little speal about "here's this Egg, we don't know how it got there." After all if they told us what actually happens the game's ESRB rating might get upped and that's no good.

Though you have to wonder why you never encounter wild Eggs. The wild Pokemon have to be breeding somewhere, and in early routes the wild Pokemons' levels are quite low so how come we never find any wild Eggs just laying there? Maybe the eggs are in the endless forests and rock walls we can't get to without cheat codes.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Maybe it's like in Minecraft where your Pokemon go into love mode, kiss, and then poof an Egg magically appears.

I think the Daycare workers actually DO know what happens.. they just don't want our innocent little ears to hear what actually happens and tell us that little speal about "here's this Egg, we don't know how it got there." After all if they told us what actually happens the game's ESRB rating might get upped and that's no good.

Though you have to wonder why you never encounter wild Eggs. The wild Pokemon have to be breeding somewhere, and in early routes the wild Pokemons' levels are quite low so how come we never find any wild Eggs just laying there? Maybe the eggs are in the endless forests and rock walls we can't get to without cheat codes.
    It does make sense, coz in the game ur character is supposed to be 10 yrs old, so maybe GF thinks that's not old enough for the birds & bees talk, so as to speak :P.

But yeah, if Pokemon breed at the day care, they should be doing that outside too, so u should encounter eggs in the wild. The only way u can find (Bad) eggs in the wild, is by cheat codes gone wrong.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Arceus has to destroy and recreate the entire universe every time an egg is laid because pokémon numbers are fixed

When pokémon die, they simply become ghost pokémon and the number doesn't change

However, when an egg is made, everything has to be recreated to support the imbalance and prevent catastrophe

Something to think about when you're breeding for a Shiny with perfect EVs
    "Egg"xactly how.....

Last edited by a moderator:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Which is why I never breed for shinies.

And talking about Ghosts, how the hell can Ghost Pokemon "breed", I mean they aren't living things, duh. If they try to... to..., um can't find a nice word to say this, okay get jiggy with it :P, won't they just end up passing through each other ~_~?

Guest123_x1

I've long believed that if the Daycare people actually told players what really happened to cause Pokémon there to lay eggs, the ESRB rating would probably be bumped to at least T (Teen), maybe even M (Mature). So the most we'll ever get as far as evidence for breeding would be the message(s) when talking to one of the Pokémon left there, mainly "It's friendly with (other Pokémon)."

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    I've long believed that if the Daycare people actually told players what really happened to cause Pokémon there to lay eggs, the ESRB rating would probably be bumped to at least T (Teen), maybe even M (Mature). So the most we'll ever get as far as evidence for breeding would be the message(s) when talking to one of the Pokémon left there, mainly "It's friendly with (other Pokémon)."
    ESRB -_-. Its a "self-regulated" organization which forces its opinions on people, but oh well okay, agreed :P.

But still "don't know where is came from", sounds very irresponsible. Maybe they could say like, "the egg came from Paris" or maybe "the Pelippers brought them" or something like that.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    Yeah, I think it's something to do with age ratings, but I'm pretty sure I know what's actually happening. HSOWA.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Which is why I never breed for shinies.

And talking about Ghosts, how the hell can Ghost Pokemon "breed", I mean they aren't living things, duh. If they try to... to..., um can't find a nice word to say this, okay get jiggy with it :P, won't they just end up passing through each other ~_~?

Missed opportunity to say get Jigglypuff with it

Years
    • Seen today
    I imagine it would be something like this: (skip to 1 min if you don't want to watch the entire thing)
    Spoiler:

You guys are too dirty minded, come on.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    I imagine it would be something like this: (skip to 1 min if you don't want to watch the entire thing)
    Spoiler:

You guys are too dirty minded, come on.
    No, I did mean it seriously. Its not logically possible for spectral Pokemon or even Pokemon based on non-living objects to breed, so maybe eggs are not formed the way we think they are.

Maybe eggs are created by some shared power from each Parent Pokemon. Maybe they are similar to what Pokeballs are, just a containment, inside which is some sorta data code for a specific Pokemon & when it "hatches", we get that specific Pokemon.

Quite possible :)!

Years
    • Seen today
    No, I did mean it seriously. Its not logically possible for spectral Pokemon or even Pokemon based on non-living objects to breed, so maybe eggs are not formed the way we think they are.

Maybe eggs are created by some shared power from each Parent Pokemon. Maybe they are similar to what Pokeballs are, just a containment, inside which is some sorta data code for a specific Pokemon & when it "hatches", we get that specific Pokemon.

Quite possible :)!

Oh logically. I mean, you're trying to find logic within a fantasy world. For me, there's not much point arguing how spectral Pokémon make eggs, at least not with our logic. Why are there horses on fire? Why is there a walking flower? How can one bird stir up a hurricane? It's because they are all Pokémon and reside in the Pokémon World, where our logic and set of rules pertaining to physics, etc. don't work. Why are ghost Pokémon able to breed? It's because they're Pokémon, and all Pokémon are able to breed (with exceptions of course).

I think we should look deeper into how eggs are made if you want to look at this logically, since this is mostly unexplained. First of all, eggs are produced at different rates depending on how well the two parents get along. If "the two prefer to play with other Pokémon more than with each other", then an egg does not get produced. But if "the two don't really seem to like each other very much", then an egg is still produced (though with a low chance). We can conclude from this that the Pokémon have to have contact with each other to make an egg.

Incense also has an effect on breeding. For example, two Sudowoodo normally make a Sudowoodo, but if one is holding Rock Incense, then the child is a Bonsly. So why does the incense affect which Pokémon comes out of the egg?

To me, the "egg making" mechanic is supposed to be very pure and child friendly. The two make contact and an egg appears, just like how the egg int he Chao video appears. Incense stimulates certain functions within the Pokémon, and that is why their egg will hatch into a baby Pokémon.

Spoiler:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Oh logically. I mean, you're trying to find logic within a fantasy world. For me, there's not much point arguing how spectral Pokémon make eggs, at least not with our logic. Why are there horses on fire? Why is there a walking flower? How can one bird stir up a hurricane? It's because they are all Pokémon and reside in the Pokémon World, where our logic and set of rules pertaining to physics, etc. don't work. Why are ghost Pokémon able to breed? It's because they're Pokémon, and all Pokémon are able to breed (with exceptions of course).

I think we should look deeper into how eggs are made if you want to look at this logically, since this is mostly unexplained. First of all, eggs are produced at different rates depending on how well the two parents get along. If "the two prefer to play with other Pokémon more than with each other", then an egg does not get produced. But if "the two don't really seem to like each other very much", then an egg is still produced (though with a low chance). We can conclude from this that the Pokémon have to have contact with each other to make an egg.

Incense also has an effect on breeding. For example, two Sudowoodo normally make a Sudowoodo, but if one is holding Rock Incense, then the child is a Bonsly. So why does the incense affect which Pokémon comes out of the egg?

To me, the "egg making" mechanic is supposed to be very pure and child friendly. The two make contact and an egg appears, just like how the egg int he Chao video appears. Incense stimulates certain functions within the Pokémon, and that is why their egg will hatch into a baby Pokémon.

Spoiler:
    Yes I agree with all u said, but why can't there be logic in a fantasy world? Lets talk type weakness, many of them based on logic - Fire burns grass, water makes grass grow, birds are the first ones to be hit when there's snowfall or thunderstorms. Pokemons "faint" when they run out of energy (read HP), same's the case with other living things. So yeah there is logic in the Pokemon world.

And no, I don't think there needs to be physical contact between Pokemon to make eggs.

My theory is Pokemon eggs are containments just like Pokeballs & eggs are formed by some kinda energy data emitted by two Pokemon, who share a sorta matching data code.

Like Pokemon can be transformed into data & stored into a Pokeball, its likely that inside the eggs is the data for a specific Pokemon.

About items affecting Breeding, again a Pokemon holding a specific item, maybe rewrites the data code differently, into the egg data, which is why we get a specific baby Pokemon.

And its corruption of data which results in bad eggs isn't it?

Years
    Yes I agree with all u said, but why can't there be logic in a fantasy world? Lets talk type weakness, many of them based on logic - Fire burns grass, water makes grass grow, birds are the first ones to be hit when there's snowfall or thunderstorms. Pokemons "faint" when they run out of energy (read HP), same's the case with other living things. So yeah there is logic in the Pokemon world.

And no, I don't think there needs to be physical contact between Pokemon to make eggs.

My theory is Pokemon eggs are containments just like Pokeballs & eggs are formed by some kinda energy data emitted by two Pokemon, who share a sorta matching data code.

Like Pokemon can be transformed into data & stored into a Pokeball, its likely that inside the eggs is the data for a specific Pokemon.

About items affecting Breeding, again a Pokemon holding a specific item, maybe rewrites the data code differently, into the egg data, which is why we get a specific baby Pokemon.

And its corruption of data which results in bad eggs isn't it?

We Digimon now

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Well it had to 'breeding' .
    also , the caretakers might not be oblivious towards this and actually might encourage them to 'breed' in order for them to lay eggs .
    (Candle light dinner if necessary lol)

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
    The part about breeding secrets isn't really that important but somehow a "little" questionable. However, since the game is supposed to be for kids (which somehow influenced more adults than kids nowadays), it would be more reasonable that they are indeed hiding the fact to save the game from rising rating, or they're just elderlies that inherits the same case wifh Oak, lol.

About the egg, I believe someone in XY said something like:
    "Eggs aren't exactly eggs, they're just 'cradles' that the Pokémon arrive in."
    Well, that theory can actually be true under certain circumstances.

But the breeding process itself is already obscure so you already know it's too bad that we can't go even lewder by going deeper on how they reproduce anyway. :I MukxGardevoir is already a thing thanks to the Egg Groups

d

I'm sure if Pokemon can make fire, water, electricity, etc. appear out of thin air, they can do the same with an egg

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Hmm well I guess you could call me boring but I think that the the egg comes from 'the obvious'. Like why else would you only get an egg from putting in a male and female Pokémon. If you got eggs somehow from putting in two Pokémon of the same gender then I guess it could suggest that they adopt/find them?

And maybe people in the Pokémon universe are really that stupid, and only scientists know where the eggs come from?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Considering the fact that genderless and male-only Pokémon are still remarkably able to survive, I'm not entirely sure if the "parents" make eggs. Maybe eggs are just one form of reproduction of them? Perhaps a mitotic form of reproduction never witnessed by anyone?

Back