• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back into Pokemon after 15+ years

Years
    So after being addicted to Pokemon back when it first came to the US around 1999 and drifting away from it I am back.

Ive been mostly playing the old original games and recently got a new DS to play through the newer games like XY. Just this week I bought acouple theme decks and am now getting back into the card game lol. I used to play casually and competed in a few local tournaments back when the first 2 or 3 card sets where available. I remember collecting cards from the Base set along with the Jungle set and fossil sets.

So I guess im back and Ill be browsing these forums in my free time lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So after being addicted to Pokemon back when it first came to the US around 1999 and drifting away from it I am back.

Ive been mostly playing the old original games and recently got a new DS to play through the newer games like XY. Just this week I bought acouple theme decks and am now getting back into the card game lol. I used to play casually and competed in a few local tournaments back when the first 2 or 3 card sets where available. I remember collecting cards from the Base set along with the Jungle set and fossil sets.

Welcome to PC! And welcome back to pokémon (: Wow you used to actually compete in IRL TCG tournaments? I remember my friends talking about that and me being jealous that there were none near me haha.

Nowadays many play the TCGOnline. Have you checked it out?

Years
    Welcome to PC! And welcome back to pokémon (: Wow you used to actually compete in IRL TCG tournaments? I remember my friends talking about that and me being jealous that there were none near me haha.

Nowadays many play the TCGOnline. Have you checked it out?

Thanks!

I want to play TCG online but at the moment I dont have a PC or tablet at home to play it on.

There used to be a couple local card shops in my town back in the late 90s and early 2000s that ran local tournaments for pokemon TCG. If I could convince my mom to pay the entry I would compete lol. Now there is only one card shop left in my town and they dont hold any Pokemon related events unfortunately. They are heavy into Magic the gathering which I tried but never got into.

Years

Cool to see another re-energized fan! I am always glad to see new members and I hope that you'll stop by and visit me from time to time! I've always got something going on, so don't forget me!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Hey Syngraves, welcome to PC & welcome back to the Pokemon World ^^!

I'm a big fan of the classic games. Yellow was the first one I played. Not played TCG much though.

Hope u have been browsing around the Forums. I'm sure u'll find a lot of stuff that interests u.

See ya around.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Thanks!

I want to play TCG online but at the moment I dont have a PC or tablet at home to play it on.

There used to be a couple local card shops in my town back in the late 90s and early 2000s that ran local tournaments for pokemon TCG. If I could convince my mom to pay the entry I would compete lol. Now there is only one card shop left in my town and they dont hold any Pokemon related events unfortunately. They are heavy into Magic the gathering which I tried but never got into.

Hey Syngraves!

TCG online is alot of fun ! lots of different play modes and you can actually play tournaments online ! (I know its not the same as local tournaments But it is still alot of fun!)

Back