• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (2017) - Game Discussion Thread

Would you buy this game?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • sWGwjy7.jpg

Resident Evil 7:
    Biohazard

Systems: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC Developer: Capcom

The player controls the protagonist, Ethan Winters, from a first-person perspective. Unlike most previous Resident Evil protagonists, Ethan is a civilian who does not offer much in terms of combat skills. Despite this, he has access to a variety of weapons including pistols, shotguns, axes, flamethrowers, explosives and chainsaws at his disposal against enemies including the Baker family, and a newly introduced type of creature known as the "Molded".

The gameplay opts for a more traditional survival horror experience. Unlike many of its recent predecessers, the game focuses more heavily on horror than action. Other notable mechanics of previous Resident Evil games, including puzzle-solving, resource management, and healing herbs also play a vital role in the game. Quick time events, on the other hand, are entirely absent.

Via the cinematic trailer above, or based on your experiences following the game, what are your thoughts on Resident Evil 7 Biohazard. Is this something you would pick up if it was available on your system? Give us your thoughts on the game through your comments below
    credit to RE7 Biohazard Wikipedia for background info.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I love me some horror games, and the demo was fun, but I don't think I'll pick it up immediately. I feel like it won't be long before the price drops. Nice to see the reception it's getting after the series' last few sub-par entries though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • For some reason, this resident evil has a very different feel to it compared to previous entries in the series.

And no, I'm not pointing out the obvious First person perspective view which is obviously the first in the franchise, and will definitely not be the last. I feel that the whole tone and atmosphere of the game is far different from the previous entries when it came to delivering the spooks.

It feels like there's a little bit of some Evil Within and some very tiny bit of Silent Hill style horror slapped in to the mix.

I'm also quite surprised that the gunplay/shooting mechanics isn't half bad.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • For some reason, this resident evil has a very different feel to it compared to previous entries in the series.

And no, I'm not pointing out the obvious First person perspective view which is obviously the first in the franchise, and will definitely not be the last. I feel that the whole tone and atmosphere of the game is far different from the previous entries when it came to delivering the spooks.

It feels like there's a little bit of some Evil Within and some very tiny bit of Silent Hill style horror slapped in to the mix.

I'm also quite surprised that the gunplay/shooting mechanics isn't half bad.
    That's actually a really good description of the feel of RE7. Greuesome yet scary at the same time. While I haven't played the game myself - may pick it up through Gamefly next if I can - the quality of the game seems really topnotch through the streams that I've seen so far.

How do you think the game stacks up to the rest of the series? I've actually never played a RE game before, but this game makes me want to look into the series as a whole.

Back