• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life influence from Videogames?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • So as I was listening to some music from Video-games a realization popped into my head! My taste in music was strongly influenced from the games I played from my childhood, such as NFSU and THUG2 among others. Loving meaningful conversation as I do, this then translated to a thought to make this thread with a simple question!

How have video-games influenced you life, be it lifestyle, music, fashion or anything else? What games do you believe have had the most influence on you?

------------------

Just for a bit of content I'll fully answer my own question.

So I love all forms of rock, especially heavier rock, metal, and punk rock. I also am fine with 90s early 2000s rap (while I burningly despise, no loathe, modern rap) I played a lot of games such as Tony Hawks Underground 1 + 2 and the Need for Speed Underground series

My love of all things military can obviously be traced back to my love of shooters. Same with my love of cars, more than likely due to my gaming habits.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Oh, yes! Video games are some of the most influential things in my life. Not only did they help drastically improve my social life, I take inspiration from video games when it comes to concepts, characters, and much more.

Years
  • I think much of my taste in art, movies, and videogames are symbiotic. It's hard to explain, but no matter how you arrange the equation, the result is they all are a sum of what I'm into.

I figured I'd respond here because videogames are the chief-thing I'm experienced in, and will sufficiently answer the thread.
    My favorite story plots, art styles and backdrops are derived from old hits like Metroid, Zelda, Final Fantasy and Doom;
    My favorite music can be directly traced back to F-Zero and old Tony Hawke games;
    I like some action-scenes in movies the same way I would old StreetFighter and Soulcalibur games;
    A lot of my personality was formed with the freedom to act in Sandbox and 3D-roaming titles, such as SM64 and Zelda OoT;
    My problem-solving skills were improved by bouts of Tetris: and I'll admit it's a men's tradition in my family to play that game.

There's others I'm sure, these are just the ones I could remember off the top of my head. ^~^

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Obviously its not from the video games themselves but the hobby of it.

So in my case, its raging FAR FAR LESS in any multiplayer game. As a young kid back then, I'd rage a lot when i would have a bad game but as I grew older, i realized that many of my losses where simply me either throwing a game or just me playing poorly in-general.

Life influence in that sense? -> I've learned to not blame my co-workers when **** goes down and instead I should always be responsible in making sure that all tasks are accomplished dutifully. Simply put, never blame your teammates.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think my love of history and studying wars goes back to Call Of Duty 2. Read up everything about the D-Day landings and that stuff in the weeks afterwards. Modern Warfare came out and I read up on Chernobyl. On and on.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Video games were what tied me and my brothers together when we were younger.

Pretty much this. I was an activity we did in family. I still play with my brothers today. I currently have a Banjo-Tooie file with one of themm (my favorite game, I can never say no) with the other one it's more table games lately, or NES Mini but it's still our current activities.

Back