• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call Of Duty: WWII

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/24/...-suggest-cod-2017-will-called-call-duty-wwii/

Insiders confirming it, various other websites confirming it, it looks like "returning to its roots" didn't just mean boots on the ground, it meant World War II.

And man, look at this possible steelbook cover.

Spoiler:

Gorgeous. Day one.

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Thank the lord, I was getting pretty sick of these futuristic CoD's. WWII and modern settings are definitely where the series is at it's best, and I'm interested to see how Sledgehammer will handle it.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Damn it EC I was going to make both of these threads.

Anywho, CoD following in pursuit of battlefield is good. I'm already more interested in this than I was bf1, simply because I'm not a big fan of WW1 games. If it goes back to how the other ww2 games were then it'll be an easy sale, otherwise, they have to sell me a bit...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm curious how they'll differ this game from previous COD WWII games (thinking of World at War specifically.) Give me an single player campaign that has part of it centered around Axis of Evil perspective: picture playing as an Italian or German and watching your side consistently lose. I think that would be a good chance of pace to the series.

Either way, I'm curious when this game was in development, because I can already picture everyone saying how COD is just copying BF again in order to win consumers back haha.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Well, I can say that I am quite happy about this Call of Duty game. It is about time there is another World War II era Call of Duty game, considering the last one (Call of Duty World at War) was released back in 2008.

Correct me if I'm wrong - as the last COD game I actively played was Black Ops 1 - didn't Activison introduce an RNG loot box system for better guns that could be purchased in the latest COD? How would you feel if that was incorporated into this game?

Years
  • CoD going back to boots on the ground and standard warfare is what the series has needed for years and the developers have finally realised it. Really looking forward to this years instalment!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Correct me if I'm wrong - as the last COD game I actively played was Black Ops 1 - didn't Activison introduce an RNG loot box system for better guns that could be purchased in the latest COD? How would you feel if that was incorporated into this game?

Well the Supply Drop system was introduced in Advanced Warfare. And there is absolutely no question that it will be in this game again too. Why? They made more money via Supply Drops in Black Ops III than map DLC. Think about that.

Either way, Supply Drops never really bothered me. I don't have to buy them. And as long as they do them tastefully this time (no wild camos, this is WWII), I still won't have any issues.

Back