• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite game system box?

Years
  • We all have a favorite box for a game system. Personally I think that boxes for portable games are my favorite these days. They are small and kinda cute. Most notably the PSP, Vita and now the Switch as well. There is something about a small box that makes me like them more than standard size cases.

Which game system's box is your favorite?

Years
  • I actually prefer the 3DS boxes over the likes of Xbox and Playstation, having said that, I played on the Switch for the first time last week and I really liked its game boxes.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Are Xbox Ones that rare around here? Are they selling poorly in general? From my experience I don't think I know anyone personally who actually owns one.

The majority of users I see here are usually Nintendo/PlayStation fanatics, and I can count on a single hand the amount of users I personally that I know of that openly talk about owning an Xbox One (including myself) The console only sold poorly initially because of the bad E3 presentation they had when they first introduced it, but Microsoft has done a complete 180 on the entire console and has actually been selling much better than anticipated the last year. You'll just see skewed numbers as well do to Sony's hold on Japan compared to Microsoft's, but the console is still doing well.

Years
  • The majority of users I see here are usually Nintendo/PlayStation fanatics, and I can count on a single hand the amount of users I personally that I know of that openly talk about owning an Xbox One (including myself) The console only sold poorly initially because of the bad E3 presentation they had when they first introduced it, but Microsoft has done a complete 180 on the entire console and has actually been selling much better than anticipated the last year. You'll just see skewed numbers as well do to Sony's hold on Japan compared to Microsoft's, but the console is still doing well.
    Yeah, I've heard about that, that in Japan the Xbox Systems really don't move numbers anywhere near the other two big companies. I wonder what factors are present that make them sell so poorly over there.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Yeah, I've heard about that, that in Japan the Xbox Systems really don't move numbers anywhere near the other two big companies. I wonder what factors are present that make them sell so poorly over there.

Probably because Sony and Nintendo both originate and are headquartered in Japan, so they have grips on the market over there. That's why a lot of those anime-esque and JRPGS are mainly exclusive to those platforms because they know consumers don't buy Xboxs in that market. Plus, Japan is more "handheld gaming" than America/other countries, so the Xbox has no chance to make a dent on the market share.

Years
  • Probably because Sony and Nintendo both originate and are headquartered in Japan, so they have grips on the market over there. That's why a lot of those anime-esque and JRPGS are mainly exclusive to those platforms because they know consumers don't buy Xboxs in that market. Plus, Japan is more "handheld gaming" than America/other countries, so the Xbox has no chance to make a dent on the market share.
    That actually makes a lot of sense. I think if they managed to get a lot more JRPGs and managed to make a decent portable line they could get a greater part of the market out there. I am surprised they really haven't tried making a portable yet. I could see them making a killing in general if were to release one.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Yeah, I've heard about that, that in Japan the Xbox Systems really don't move numbers anywhere near the other two big companies. I wonder what factors are present that make them sell so poorly over there.
    Easy.
    MS sells western product in eastern country. =D
    They had no chance of succeeding from the start =D

It's pretty much like Vita in the west. Selling Japanese product in western countries.

Years
  • Easy.

It's pretty much like Vita in the west. Selling Japanese product in western countries.
    I wouldn't assume it's that simple. Sony rules Europe and they sell very well in North America. So that explanation doesn't hold up. Same with Nintendo a japanese product that sells very well in Europe and North America. But I believe there is something to japanese not buying western products.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Easy.

While they aren't going to make a dent sales wise in Japan compared to Sony/Nintendo, I just want to see more Japanese-esque games make its way to Xbox products. Phil Spencer recently made a trip out to Japan and met with a few executives from different gaming companies about this possibility, so hopefully something beneficial results from that trip. I'm doubtful about these games making its way over, but a man can dream.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I wouldn't assume it's that simple. Sony rules Europe and they sell very well in North America. So that explanation doesn't hold up. Same with Nintendo a japanese product that sells very well in Europe and North America.
    Because the products aren't fully Japanese.

On Sony consoles (with the exception of Vita-tan), you find the best of both worlds. Japanese fans get games they want and western fans get western games.
    Good example is PS4. PS4 sold crapload of units in the west but was very slow in Japan. Because the amount of western games was overwhelming. Therefore, Japan correctly did not jump on PS4 as quickly as the rest of the world. But slowly, PS4 started getting games and started selling in Japan.

On Ninty, it's the same. In Ninty's case, it's even more visible as their biggest sellers are pretty much middle stream. Never too Japanese.

But I believe there is something to japanese not buying western products.
    Well, that's what I said =D Selling western product to eastern country, in our case, Japan. Japanese players want Japanese games. Japan has superior different taste :)

While they aren't going to make a dent sales wise in Japan compared to Sony/Nintendo, I just want to see more Japanese-esque games make its way to Xbox products. Phil Spencer recently made a trip out to Japan and met with a few executives from different gaming companies about this possibility, so hopefully something beneficial results from that trip. I'm doubtful about these games making its way over, but a man can dream.
    >Phil Spencer

How many years has he been repeating this?
    I remember he promised Japanese games on release of X1 and pretty much kept talking about it each year without actual outcome =D

Back