• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30-Day Gaming Challenge part...3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Years
  • Day 23 - A game you think had the best graphic or art style

Well, I think I'll go with GTA V.

Spoiler:

Day 24 - Favorite classic game

Earthbound for the SNES.

Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.

Puyo Puyo Tetris. Plan on playing it today, actually, once I get it in the mail.

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 25 - A game you plan on playing

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. I'm kinda late but I never got the chance to play it.

Years
  • Day 25 - A game you plan on playing: - Pokemon White 2, this is one of the only entries into the Pokemon franchise I haven't played and considering its great reputation, I've been planning on playing it for some time, maybe someday I'll find the time.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'll keep it short since I'm playing catch up again.

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you

Tales of Symphonia: DotNW is probably my most hated Tales game just because of that terrible cast of characters.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style

Well, you can't go wrong with Paper Mario's endearing diorama art style. Gives the series a really unique charm, and how it incorporates paper elements in the gameplay and setting.

Skies of Arcadia is one my favorite games. It just oozes character, charm, and a sense of adventure. Still saddening Sega never went ahead with a sequel.

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing

I have BotW for the Switch, but I haven't really touched it because of being consumed with Persona 5, which I've now finished. That being said, I'm still in the mood for Megaten so I just might start Devil Survivor which has been on my shelf for 2 years now. I'll also be picking up MK8 Deluxe this Friday as well.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 26: Best Voice Acting

When it comes to a game with the best voice acting, to me it is more of a series. The Mass Effect series has some of the best voice acting considering its voice cast includes the following:
    Jennifer Hale
    Mark Meer
    Raphael Sbarge
    Keith David
    Michael Hogan
    Tricia Helfer
    Steve Blum
    Lance Henriksen
    Seth Green
    Ash Sroka
    Brandon Keener
    Ali Hillis
    Steven Barr
    Laura Bailey
    Troy Baker

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 26 - Best voice acting.

Troy Baker as Pagan Min in Far Cry 4. So good. SO GOOD!!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Day 26 - Best voice acting:
    Portal / Portal 2
    320538.jpg

You can't imagine the chambers of Aperture Science without the slightly mad raving of GLaDOS, played to perfection by Ellen McLain.
    In Portal 2, things only get better. In addition to McLain, we now get to add Stephen Merchant as Wheatley, and most importantly, the masterful performance of J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson. Throw in Nolan North voicing the defective turrets, and MIKE PATTON ( Faith No More) as The Anger Core, and you've got an all world cast on your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usyYqJf0rfk

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 26 - Best voice acting

Wow, so much Amnesia from me.
    Anyways, yes, the voice acting in The Dark Descent was lovely and is my personal favorite.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    No idea lol

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing
    Any game on my steam wishlist (not gonna list all 200+), Xenoblade, FE awakening, FE revelations, Bravely Default, Touhou, etc.

Day 26 - Best voice acting
    Overwatch is just great

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Day 20 - Favorite genre.
    Although I love JRPGs a lot, I think my top fave genre is puzzle games. They're so relaxing and fun to mindlessly lose yourself in. When they're more challenging, the feeling you get when you finally solve it is so refreshing and prideful. I love them!!

Day 21 - Game with the best story.
    I think I'll go with Final Fantasy X. It's a story that resonated deeply with me and I thought it handled the characters so well. ;A;

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you.
    Tales of Xillia 2. I hate it so much, it's one of the worst examples of a sequel I've ever sat through for so many reasons.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
    Probably Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It's gorgeous and aged so well because the art design was so well done.

Day 24 - Favorite classic game.
    I haven't played many "classics" unless classics include N64 games by now. Maybe I'll just say Tetris, although I prefer more modern takes on it now.

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.
    This summer I'm hoping to get through all the Tales mothership games I haven't played yet, so Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Legendia, and maybe Tempest, too, even though it's not a mothership title anymore.

Day 26 - Best voice acting.
    Mmmm maybe Tales of Xillia in Japanese. The voices are all so fitting and the voice directing is soooo good. Everyone hits every emotional cue just perfectly. *_*

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 21 - Game with best story

I hate to put text but I have to for this one. I really don't care about the story. The important part is the world, and that's what I would normally judge a game on, a lore that I just want to burrow into. But If I'm going to chose a game just for story, I'll go with the above

Day 22 - Game Sequel(s) which dissapointed you

Day 23 - Game with best Graphics

Modern best (Because it gets better every update!(Excuse the terrible frame rate in the video))

Day 24 - Favorite Classic Game

Day 25 - Game you plan on playing

See: Entire Library
    https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561198004428098/?cc=us

Day 26 - Best Voice Acting

(I really have no clue so you get this)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.

The transformation from the Patriotic and easily led Naked Snake to the complex and divisive Big Boss is easily one of the greatest scenes in gaming history. Eva's tape adds a dimension to the scene that is hard to vocalise. Killing the Boss was hard (both as a final fight and emotionally), but the first time you hear all this and understand why she done what she did, well, it floored me back in 2006.

Years
  • Day 26: Best Voice Acting - Yeah Glados in Portal/Portal 2 does it for me too, some really good voice acting imo.

Day 27 - Most epic scene ever -

This isn't really a 'scene' so to speak but I always found this so epic back when the game first come out.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 27: Most Epic Scene Ever

When it comes the most epic scene ever, I have to look to the Mass Effect series. The most epic scene ever in that series occurs in Mass Effect 2. That scene being when
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back