• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Call of Duty: WWII Worldwide Reveal April 26th 10AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • The most prolific sniper of the Second World War was female.

My apologies, I forgot that means every other body on a landing craft at Normandy had a vagina.

Much to easy to make snide comment aside, I said in the quoted post that I admit some women made it to front line combat roles. But even to a few years ago this was not supposed to happen.

I will even admit that you got me on the Soviet front, which threw man women and child to their deaths since they were the cavemen of wwii. I do believe that even the majority of the red army was male though (do correct me if I'm wrong)

To take my point of this to the extreme, It would be like a Civil War game where half of the confederate army is black. It's just not historically correct.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    To take my point of this to the extreme, It would be like a Civil War game where half of the confederate army is black. It's just not historically correct.

Sure. If they did that in the campaign. What they do in the multiplayer though is irrelevant.

I would also like to remind people that this game will have a zombies mode. Very historically correct!!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Sure. If they did that in the campaign. What they do in the multiplayer though is irrelevant.

I disagree. The whole game should be held to the same standard unless otherwise stated as a work of fiction. If they want to make a historical game, keep it historical. I have the same gripe with Battlefield 1

I would also like to remind people that this game will have a zombies mode. Very historically correct!!

In relation to above, I think Zombies has always been an obvious work of fiction playable in the game. Or to better put it, it's its own micro-game inside a larger game. It's not directly related to the rest of the game. It's in it's own bubble. Now if zombie start crawling out of the trenches during the middle of the campaign, we have a problem (Kinda like that OTHER CoD game did.)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    My apologies, I forgot that means every other body on a landing craft at Normandy had a vagina.

Much to easy to make snide comment aside, I said in the quoted post that I admit some women made it to front line combat roles. But even to a few years ago this was not supposed to happen.

I will even admit that you got me on the Soviet front, which threw man women and child to their deaths since they were the cavemen of wwii. I do believe that even the majority of the red army was male though (do correct me if I'm wrong)

That's beyond a massive jump from what I said. I mean historically it's a terrible post too because the Soviets were far from "cavemen". Children didn't really fight for them, the only army to actively employ children in combat were the Germans in the final days of the Third Reich.

It's not a stretch to accept people choosing a female character (when thousands were involved in the fighting) in a non-cannon multiplayer mode that isn;t realistic to begin with.

I disagree. The whole game should be held to the same standard unless otherwise stated as a work of fiction. If they want to make a historical game, keep it historical. I have the same gripe with Battlefield 1

If you're more bothered about female avatars than people running around with MG42s, firing Panzerschrecks straight out of a sprint and killing people by hitting their toe with a rifle round then you aren't bothered about accuracy at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back