• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • aW4qdRi.png

Ok so while I'm busy thinking of new and spicy topics to discuss in other threads, just to share what I've been messing around with, mainly just playing some Doom (Classic) wads and mods, Brutal Doom: Project Brutality of course being my current and ABSOLute favorite Doom mod, I've been playing some Map packs here and there. Actually that's what I've been messing around lately shm.

I just wish i can find a way to make this map (Doom The Golden Souls) to be fully compatible with other Doom gameplay mods such as Brutal Doom: Project Brutality since as of now, it crashes after I either complete a level or i reload a save.

Also, i just completed Quake 2 (PC of course) on Hard difficulty for the first time in years mainly since i never got around to fully playing it. It just felt so good. I needed to find something to play Quake related in order to prep up for Quake Champions even though QC is such a different game compared to Quake 2.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Chet Faliszek left valve, meaning all three of their main writers have left. He had worked on both episodes of Half-Life, both left 4 deads, and both portals. Chet said he wanted to change things up. I can't help but feel that means he actually wants to ,you know, develop games.

I think it shows a shift in valve away from being a game developer in a traditional sense to more of a service provider, living off steam and hardware.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Seems like Ubisoft is teasing a sequel to Far Cry 3.

Yukari

Hopefully it'll actually be better than Far Cry 3.

Not that 3 was bad. But it was pretty disappointing in comparison to 2 in my opinion.

Arsenic

Years
  • Wow I thought I was the only person on the forum who liked Far Cry 2 over 3. It's a niche opinion in the gaming world sadly.

Yukari

I totally get the love for Far Cry 3, to be fair. But certain events halfway through the game made it way harder for me to really care about what was going on.

At least it wasn't Far Cry 4, where the Easter egg ending at the beginning of the game is better than either of the legitimate endings.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Wow I thought I was the only person on the forum who liked Far Cry 2 over 3.
    Nopenope

3's not bad but once the novelty wears off after 5 seconds and Vaas stops showing his face for a while, the sky clears up and you suddenly realized that you've once again trapped yourself in another Assassins Creed game (Also known as The Ubisoft Trap), it's pretty difficult not to drop the controller right then and there.

And 2 had a lot of interesting small shit. The world was a hell of a lot more fun to interact with than just "BASE CAPTURE AND TOWER FUNTIME". It wasn't the greatest title Ubi's made but it sure as hell beats post-formula Far Cry.

Yukari

3's not bad but once the novelty wears off after 5 seconds and Vaas stops showing his face for a while, the sky clears up and you suddenly realized that you've once again trapped yourself in another Assassins Creed game (Also known as The Ubisoft Trap), it's pretty difficult not to drop the controller right then and there.

And 2 had a lot of interesting small shit. The world was a hell of a lot more fun to interact with than just "BASE CAPTURE AND TOWER FUNTIME". It wasn't the greatest title Ubi's made but it sure as hell beats post-formula Far Cry.
    Spoiler:

Arsenic

Years
  • Spoiler:

Crazy German guy was alright though. I was sad when he kicked the bucket.

Far Cry 2 had it better though. I mean FC3 doesnt even have a portable mortar. And they could have doubled down on weapon condition, adding maintenance instead of always grabbing a new gun (Maybe grabbing a new gun removes all customization and you have to pay for everything again idk)

And don't get me started on Crybaby McFratHouse.

*Somewhere at an internal ubisoft meeting*

"DUUUUUUUUUUDE YAH KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL FOR A, LIKE, CHARACTER?!"

"Nah bro what chu thinking?!"

"Like, if we totally made someone who looks like they just woke up after a fuckin kick ass college party!"

Dude that would be fuckin solid rock on bro!"

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm not sure I can handle all this Pagan Min slander here...

Arsenic

Years
  • You mention a lot of Pagan Min slander while the only comment made about his game was that the Easter Egg ending was better than the real endings.

You... Have played the game he is from, yesssssssss...? ; )

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Yes, it's in my top 3 best open world games of all time.

1.) MGS V
    2.) Far Cry 4
    3.) Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction

Arsenic

Years
  • Ubisoft is teasing something involving Far-Cry 3?

They released this new image yesterday of Rook island.

18195091_1341902429191709_2102667116489253859_n.jpg

They also posted a pic of Vaas to Instagram.

I smell a remaster coming, and that makes me sad. At least FC2 is only like 10 bucks.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Possible leaked image of the next Assassin's Creed game? Eurogamer seems to think so.

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So Vanquish is finally getting a PC Port (Via steam) and I'm in the process of fixing my **** with all of the games I was playing... but that still gave me a joyful nergasm.

And as a bonus, i was playing around with some video settings and I dunno how the **** this happened but its still a nice juicy killshot of me slaying a Mancubus.
    Spoiler:

Hopefully I can restore the colors though.

Back