• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy VII for Nintendo Switch?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Because Cloud Strife was included as a DLC playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, do you think there will be a Nintendo Switch version for Final Fantasy VII? If not, please tell me why you don't think so?

Years
  • I honestly doubt it, but I would SO happy if the FFVII remake came to Switch. The Switch's library is definitely lacking, so having a game like FFVII on it would be much appreciated. It would also boost the sales and popularity of the console, not that it needs help in those aspects lol. But I realistically only see it being released for PS4.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I also doubt it, but we can dream. :') I don't really see myself getting a PlayStation 4, so it would be awesome if FFVII will be released on the Switch too.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Nah doubt it, I love the Switch... but no way is it powerful enough to run FF 7 remake. Here's hoping they could make it work tho XD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Very unlikely and is likely to stay on the PS4. I'm on Xbox One so won't get it either although I don't recall being overly enamoured with it when I played it on the Playstation preferring 8.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Square has done timed exclusives before, but it's hard for me to see it coming to the Switch. The game does use the Unreal Engine, but I think the Switch still lack the necessary power. Who knows though! Square has become notoriously bad with their releases and their focus atm is Kingdom Hearts III so the game is probably still a few years off.

I have a PS4, but I'd love the prospect of playing FFVII on the go.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Well first, we have to see if this remake of theirs will see the light of day, as opposed to getting stuck in development hell.

I hoooope this doesn't happen, as I'm a huge fan of the game.... let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    They're already saying it's gonna be so big that it has to be episodic on ps4... There's no way they can do it on the switch. I suppose they could port the original game, but I don't see that happening either.

Back