• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virtual Machines

Years
  • I'm sure there are members here on PC that use Virtual Machine operating systems.. for those of you that do, what program do you use (VMWare, VirtualBox, MS Virtual PC, etc...), and what operating systems do you have in a virtual machine?

For me, I use both VirtualBox and VMWare Player. I have a Windows XP VM, a Windows 2000 VM, and a Windows 3.1 VM in VirtualBox at the moment and in VMWare Player I have a Windows 98 VM and a Windows 8.1 VM (since 8.1 wouldn't install in VirtualBox for me).

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I use VMWare Workstation to run Mac OSX Mountain Lion for the program PPRNG which is far superior to RNG Reporter. It works pretty well... was a bit of a PITA to set up though.

Guest123_x1

I used to be an avid user of Virtual PC, having run numerous older versions of Windows (both DOS-based and NT) as guest OSes. Nowadays, I use VirtualBox, although the only guest OS I currently have in it is Windows 2000.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    On Windows 7 Virtualbox with a minimal installation of Gentoo Linux (because I was really bored xD) and on Linux Virtualbox with Windows XP (for testing stuff)

Why Virtualbox? Because it's free.

Back