• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Years
Only Pokemon I hate is Chandelure and Reniclus. Mostly Chandelure for being a cheap uber. Actually I dislike most uber h4xor Pokemon except for Reshiram and Hydreigon.

I love Gothitelle (of course), Misdrevious, Hydreigon and Bisharp. I like many more but these guys are my top favorites. They are not only unique in visual design, but they are cute and bad-ass. (n n) (hey you asked for most loved in your question)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I really like Gothorita but Gothita is just... fail. I can't take it seriously.

I am getting used to the ice cream line. I think the problem with it is that they tried to make them cute but it backfired.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah that's what the likes/dislikes thread is for. Merged the two. :D

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
Years
Favorites:
Victini
Snivy/ Servine/ Serperior
Oshawott/ Dewott/ Samurott
Petilil/ Lilligant
Gigalith
Stunfisk
Mienshao
Reshiram
They are my favorites due to either female looking or the designs were just great.

Least Favorites:
Tepig/ Pignite/ Emboar
Patrat/ Watchog
Lillipup & it's evos
Blitzle/ Zebstrika
I just... never liked their designs or their move sets.

Last edited:
Years
A trash bag Pokémon and an ice cream cone Pokémon just makes it seem like Game Freak's trolling its fans. Vanillite/-ish/-uxe was created by a Westerner as well, the first one to design some Pokémon. I kind of feel disgraced.

That is, no offense, but I'm sure if the ice cream had come in the first generation, I'd have accepted its silliness like a palm tree Pokémon or a magnet Pokémon.

The new Pokémon designs have gotten a lot more cartoonish in my opinion. It reminds me more of Digimon or something.

Years
I still think Simipour and Stunfisk are by far the ugliest/worst/awfulest ones of Gen V.
If Simpour was a girl, I would have liked it. I didn't like how they made it.... gay-ish. But they were going to for Bob Marley look... which they failed (_ _)

Oh and another pokemon I like and gets a ton of undeserved hate: Tepig/Pignite/Emboar. Those things are awesome in battle. But they get alot of hate simply for being a fire type. Gothite is a little more liked than Tepig but she's hated simply for not being an uber h4xor ***** >:[

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Simipour can be a female though :(

;__; Yeah I know, they're pretty awesome to start out with, buuttt the hate comes from being fire/fighting, not pure fire. People would've liked that. XD (Or fire/ground)

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
My favorites would have to be Volcarona, Braviary, Leavanny, Samurott, the Axew family, and Dwebble.
As for my most hated.....There are a few I don't like from every generation, but this time there seemed to be more than usual. Simipour, Garbadore, the Timburr family, Klink family, Cofagrigus, Gothita family, Vanilluxe family, and of course the Foongus line...yeah, more than usual. Some of them don't even look like pokemon, like Golurk, Sawk, and Throh.

Oh. And the Landorus, Thundorus, Whateverous. Really? They look like they came out of Dragon Ball Z or Monster Rancher.

Last edited:

Altorca

lords of alamos clan leader
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
all rock type pokemon their mechanics, general movesets, and ugly build makes me sik

Last edited:

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
garbador and its basic form... no question.. its the ugliest pokemon i've ever seen.

Years
I like the fact that they redid an entirely new Pokédex, I get so excited when I get attacked by a wild Pokémon I've never seen before, and I just want to catch it! Then cry if I kill it by accident :'(

But I hate some of them too, they're just plain stoopid, like Pidove which is a plain pidgeon. Why would I want to have a pigeon in my team? I HATE PIGEONS!

Look at him, look deep into his stoopid empty eyes.

xx Pouinks

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I like the fact that they redid an entirely new Pokédex, I get so excited when I get attacked by a wild Pokémon I've never seen before, and I just want to catch it! Then cry if I kill it by accident :'(

But I hate some of them too, they're just plain stoopid, like Pidove which is a plain pidgeon. Why would I want to have a pigeon in my team? I HATE PIGEONS!

Look at him, look deep into his stoopid empty eyes.

xx Pouinks

Baww, such an innocent look, how can anyone dislike it? ;-; -shot-

Though, I don't mind Pidove. It's the last evolution that I don't really like. Even if it has two different forms, depending on if it is a male or female, they both don't really appeal to me. Pidove and Tranquill at least look like decent pigeons/doves (i never really knew which one they were in specific, seems moreover like a pigeon to me); whereas Unfezant doesn't. ):

marcc5m

what
Years
I noticed a few people are comparing some Pokemon to characters from other games. Well...

115px-GohmaLarva.png

This is a GohmaLarva from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

110px-524Roggenrola.png

And this is Roggenrola.

Even Rogenrolla's Japanese name (Dangoro) sounds similar to Ghoma.
Idk, I still like Roggenrola, I just thought it was pretty interesting :P.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Basically, most of the Pokemon in Unova are just Alternate Universe versions of the 1st Gen Pokes

Maractus => Did even see that Pokemon? Yeah, it looks good, but Cacturne is lots better than Maractus.

Timburr's evolution line, I ignored them cause there are lots of better Fighting types.

Audino is a poor excuse for a Chansey. (I track em down for EXP >:D)

But I am impressed with the game itself.

And I like the type combinations of some Pokemon. XD

Cid

Years
I noticed a few people are comparing some Pokemon to characters from other games. Well...

115px-GohmaLarva.png

This is a GohmaLarva from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

110px-524Roggenrola.png

And this is Roggenrola.

Even Rogenrolla's Japanese name (Dangoro) sounds similar to Ghoma.
Idk, I still like Roggenrola, I just thought it was pretty interesting :P.

That actually sounds cool.

Here's something that's slightly interesting (might have been mentioned here before, idk). "Dangoro" is the name of a mini-boss from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which I read about in Bulbapedia.

It looks nothing like Roggenrola though:
Spoiler:

Anyway, the idea of them getting Pokemon design concepts from other Nintendo games hasn't been really done much, and some that have been done might have been coincidences, but if you happen to be a fan of another franchise and see something familiar from that in Pokemon, then that would be neat for them to do. Gen V seems to be taking a slight step towards that direction with Roggenrola (though it might be a coincidence).

Back