• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How would you feel if the games got delayed?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
To answer this question, I am going to reply with another question.

Would you rather have it now, and be somewhat disappointed?
Or would you rather wait a few if not several months after it's intended deadline for a fully amazing, detailed, graphical, polished, and ofcourse fun work of art, that will down-right put all other pokemon games to shame?

As they say: "Good things come to those who wait!"

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It depends.

If I got my 3DS before October, then I would be like Noooo :(

BUT, if I didn't get my 3DS before the release date I would be glad that it got postponed xD

Years
To answer this question, I am going to reply with another question.

Would you rather have it now, and be somewhat disappointed?
Or would you rather wait a few if not several months after it's intended deadline for a fully amazing, detailed, graphical, polished, and ofcourse fun work of art, that will down-right put all other pokemon games to shame?

As they say: "Good things come to those who wait!"

Problem with that is, we aren't getting the games "right now", we still have to wait about eight months. I think that's plenty of time to complete a game IMO.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
The way I see it is that some group of people over whom I neither have nor want control work together to put out a product. That product is released when they believe it's ready to be released. That might or might not be on the day that they predicted it would be. And that's it.

When it gets released, I'll buy it and play it. I don't see how it makes the slightest bit of difference what specific day that is.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I actually wouldn't mind as long as they didn't withhold any information, like choosing to not to reveal some features or Pokemon until after the original release date, etc. I'm really impatient, haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
wouldn't really bother me, im not all that excited about the new generation, plus i may or may not be getting a 3DS for christmas, which is a few months after it releases.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I would welcome a delay with arms wide open. It would just give me more time to save up for a 3DS plus whatever the new games come out to be. I'm a patient person, so I can handle waiting a little longer to play X&Y.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I'd be really annoyed initially, but I think I'd get over it eventually, then I'd be excited.

I'm more stoked about Gen VI than I have been for any other ones so far.

Years
I could wait as long as it takes if they took the price down because of the delay.
Fair enough right?

VI never thought id see pokemon reach that.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I could wait as long as it takes if they took the price down because of the delay.
Fair enough right?

Nah I doubt the price would go down if that happened, especially if it originally announced October and then it released in like November. Things only go down in price after the release as they age, iirc, and if it's something brand new I doubt it'd be lower because it was later.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I wouldn't be too disappointed, to be honest. If the games got delayed, I would still wait, but would definitely have higher expectations and expect a little something more from GF as they'll have more time to perfect the game. I'd say time isn't an issue, it's the quality that's important! Who wants a game released earlier only to find out it's full of glitches and crashes? GF, just take your time and produce the highest quality of product imaginable! xD

Back