• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

just some of my stuff

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    hi, so since there's an art gallery here, felt like i might as well post some of my own stuff here :)

these two were done randomly without purpose, just for fun really...and as such, i guess are pretty stylized..
    tentacruel
    chandelure
    kyogre

these two, though...are the beginning of a project (of many, haha...only this one relates to pokemon though) that will end with 6, making up my most current in game team. this is something that i've wanted to do for quite some time but never found the time to...till now.
    crobat
    cloyster
    jellicent
    kingdra
    chandelure
    scolipede

anyway, thanks for looking...and i'll update the thread as i progress through the rest of my current project.

Last edited:

TardisHobo

piranhapunk
    Years
  • Love your style... especially cloyster. I like how dark and eerie it looks with the minimal lighting and the glowy eyes...

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    What would I have to do to get you to make me a kadabra or alakazam?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Ohhh I love the smooth colors and paint-y look you use... I particularly like the tentacruel, the red on it's orbs being a little out-of-the-lines is a nice touch. I actually like the stylized look a lot-- it gives a new kind of spin on the pokemon.

Crobat's lines are also really nice, they stand out great against the darkness. *U*d

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    added jellicent to op.

and thanks :p

i might do some more stuff along the lines of that tentacruel and chandelure...after i'm done with my current project that is.

and mattxy8, i'm not really taking requests atm because i have too much stuff going on but...i might do that after i'm done with this project and 2 other personal projects. :)

Years
  • aaa Gorgeous! The glowy red effects on Tentacruel look great especially, by far my favorite part. I love how you shaded its front claw/beak (as I don't know what it's called lmao...) as well; I think I need to go add one to my team now. XD;;

I don't really have much to critique with these - they're wonderful! Though now I'm curious if you've ever done brighter art? Most of what I see in your gallery are pieces like these five you posted so I'm wondering how often you've tried to go for something different. I'd love to see some more daytime scenes and such from you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    ah...a question i get asked very often...especially by my family haha.

i used to, i think...in traditional media i started out with very bright colors as almost all children did at one point...but when i moved onto digital it just got a lot darker. might be due to the music i was influenced by when i first started working digitally. it's hard to describe but i can't express myself as well with a bright-toned canvas...if that makes sense.

i do have some daytime pieces up in my gallery, though looking through it...i really don't have much brightness. mhm...i will try something brighter for pokemon as well when i'm done, that's for sure...haha

thanks for looking :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    why thank you :)
    i will, haha...getting up my chandelure, but for now...i've updated it with kingdra...he's my fav so far.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    These are beutiful. The lighting really characterizes the creatures. You can really tell that those water-types are at the bottom of the ocean.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    thanks.
    although, i think the water type thing is because of the color, because i'm basically doing the same general cloud/fog for BG, adjusting to lightsource. that's a cool effect you noticed, though :)

updated OP with chandelure...i like this so much more than my first one that i actually started to hate my first one...that was fugly :/

so happy, working on my last one right now...and after that i think i'll do a trainer portrait of myself haha

Years
  • Wow, beautiful update! I lovelove how you color; it's simply breathtaking and I could stare at it all day. The flames especially are done very well, though I also love the glow of the eyes >: You've really inspired me to try my hand at darker pieces. :D Really looking forward to the trainer portrait you mentioned (and whatever else you're working on)!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    ah thanks guys :')

and cirno, that's awesome...i'd love to see some of your darker pokemon when you're finished...haha i think it's funny that someone mentioned how my chandelure gave them a tim burton feel...but while i was painting chandelure the whole time i was just thinking about how tim burton the whole concept of the pokemon's art was to begin with.

dr. octo: thanks :D...always happy to get stalkers because most of mine are from like 2004-5 and no longer even using dA anymore :(...what's your tag on it?

updated OP with scolipede as mentioned :P...now that my team is done, i've actually went ahead and started the pokemon poster thing i apparently decided to do. i'm gonna go into detail with the trainer portrait after this i think...but i have a cliche action-style promo poster of my trainer and entire team in process. it's gonna have corn all over it haha.

edit: hopefully from my sig you can tell that i did plan the colors right off the bat...haha...they form a sort of gradiant. i purposely shifted cloyster's naturally purple color scheme to teal though because i really wanted the waters to be grouped together :P

Last edited:
    Back