• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: A couple Pokemon GO article ideas

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Mulling over these ideas, would like input. Not 100% sure I'd tackle them either.

- An article about two topics (because an opinion article on just one might be too short imo): saying the announced price cut on this year's gofest ticket (33% of the original price - $5 USD compared to $15) is a welcome change. But egg tiers remain too unclear on what the actual rates are, as made obvious by this TSR article: https://thesilphroad.com/science/egg-transparency-rarity-tiers So it's a case of Niantic being both generous and still greedy, being seemingly misleading and at the very least not giving firm rates on what are loot boxes contain, and that's worth highlighting. Neither are new pieces of news, but may be worth exploring that opinion anyway.

- An article about poor New Zealand players, with a count and timeline of all the times they have been specifically affected by a NIantic mishap. As they're the first 'significantly large' country (in terms of playerbase anyway) time-wise, many time-specific events from the weekly raid hours to themed week-long events start there first... and often means anything that Niantic forgot to turn on or activate, etc. Note I'm not including things that effect everyone, e.g. the 'turning off' of Galarian Ponyta's shiny for a full week.

The second one requires a fair bit of research (at least, abuse of reddit's search function and careful documentation), but I feel it's worth highlighting that issue, and I am curious on the actual number of incidents. I myself had been affected years back with such things as Australia hasn't been too far behind NZ with time zones...

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2023
    i can see them working together fine as like a critique article for sure, i guess the challenge would be getting a title topic that encompasses them all well?

Either that, or perhaps they could be separated, as I think an article on Niantic shortcomings in regards to other regions is definitely a solid topic to touch (god it's totally a relatable feeling as a fighting game player playing Japanese games *cough pokken arcades*) and something I think would be well worth an article. There's a ton of ground to cover imo as it's a pretty common thing for games per region to not be treated equally

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • i can see them working together fine as like a critique article for sure, i guess the challenge would be getting a title topic that encompasses them all well?

Either that, or perhaps they could be separated, as I think an article on Niantic shortcomings in regards to other regions is definitely a solid topic to touch (god it's totally a relatable feeling as a fighting game player playing Japanese games *cough pokken arcades*) and something I think would be well worth an article. There's a ton of ground to cover imo as it's a pretty common thing for games per region to not be treated equally
    Ah, I should have been clearer - each bullet point is a separate article. So one article on "lower gofest ticket cost is good but the egg system is still too vague with hatch rates", and the other on "poor new zealanders playing GO".

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2023
    Ah, I should have been clearer - each bullet point is a separate article. So one article on "lower gofest ticket cost is good but the egg system is still too vague with hatch rates", and the other on "poor new zealanders playing GO".

Ooh all right, I considered that roughly (but wasn't 100% sure lol) then yeah, that totally works and I think everything I said still applies!

Back