• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Forgot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I remember a long time ago I read about becoming a gym leader in R/B/Y. It was something like catching all 151, and then talking to Giovanni (you were supposed not to talk to him after defeating him until you had all 151). I tried this, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know if there is a way to become a gym leader and if so, how?

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    I doubt about the realiability of the source you have read about, and so I doubt there is any way you can be a gym leader in the game.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • Which would lead some interesting questions, like, how long before you're re-challenged and do you even get to rest before the next fight? Although the concept of fighting random trainers in a stadium intrigues me. (At least it does here, the later games would have a Battle Tower of some sort.)

Personally, you may have caught wind of one of those infamous 'Internet rumours' that vets and beginners all may have believed once upon a time. (I remember Pikablue, the well-known nickname for a may-have-been-intentionally leaked pokemon in order to draw controversy.After the Pikablue rumour, it seems as if G/S, and later C sales would sky-rocket and the franchise would solidify.)

Sorry, friend, you can write a fan-fic about being a Gym Leader, it's just impossible within the game's code.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Which would lead some interesting questions, like, how long before you're re-challenged and do you even get to rest before the next fight? Although the concept of fighting random trainers in a stadium intrigues me. (At least it does here, the later games would have a Battle Tower of some sort.)

Personally, you may have caught wind of one of those infamous 'Internet rumours' that vets and beginners all may have believed once upon a time. (I remember Pikablue, the well-known nickname for a may-have-been-intentionally leaked pokemon in order to draw controversy.After the Pikablue rumour, it seems as if G/S, and later C sales would sky-rocket and the franchise would solidify.)

Sorry, friend, you can write a fan-fic about being a Gym Leader, it's just impossible within the game's code.
    Hopefully they have realized this in the past 14 years since this thread was made. Not likely they are still wondering. If you want to discuss the gym leaders or the possibility of becoming one in a game now however, feel free to make a new thread! I suggest making it in the Pokemon Gaming Central section of these forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back