• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sandjew

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • SandBurn?

248.png

@ Air Balloon
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock

Air Balloon is what makes this awesome. I generally get SR up for free and kill something. Natt tries to come in, Gliscor tries to come in, other Ttars try to come in, this generally beats all of them and leaves holes early in the game, while still getting SR up to ruin sashes for sweeps.

479wash.png

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

This helps a lot with my large Water type weakness. Beats things that I otherwise couldn't like DDGyara or SDGatr. Also takes Azumarill on with relative ease. Pain Split end up being used much less than it should be with the fast metagame, another set or something would definitely be considered and appreciated.

380.png

@ Choice Specs
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Trick
    - Psyshock
    - Surf

A weaker Latios? Suggestions are welcome here, although I will say this thing does a good job at Tricking and hitting hard at least once. The Trick also sets the opponent up for a nice sweep more often than not. PURSUIT BAIT PURSUIT BAIT PURSUIT BAIT

28.png

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

Does this really need explaining? And if you're wondering why this instead of Dory, it's because Dory just doesn't understand that Mach Punch is in 90% of teams.

645.png

@ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Force
    Jolly Nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

This is for after I've tricked Specs on some physical attacker. Free setup all around. People generally try to bring Natt in on it, don't know why. After a SD it's an OHKO.

212.png

@ Iron Plate
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 20 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Iron Plate to trick people into thinking it's CB, then free SD while they leave their Pokemon in for death fodder.

If needed I'll make a threat list or something. Got to rank 16 with it on PokeBattleCenter last night. Has a problem with Ditto I've noticed.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • SandBurn?
    212.png

@ Iron Plate
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Iron Plate to trick people into thinking it's CB, then free SD while they leave their Pokemon in for death fodder.

Your team is good. Just one question. Why Iron Plate? Can't you just run Life Orb instead? If people thought Scizor was Banded and they will switch into death fodder, then you SD as you said. But you can use LO for better power on both your attacks. SD + LO is more deadly.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A lot of Pokemon run Air Balloon nowadays. I think Tyranitar's Earthquake can be dropped either for Pursuit, Crunch or Stone Edge.

Years
  • SandBurn?

248.png

@ Lum Berry/Leftovers Physical Tar>Special Tar
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Superpower (to beat other T-Tar)
    - Crunch/Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock

Air Balloon is what makes this awesome. I generally get SR up for free and kill something. Natt tries to come in, Gliscor tries to come in, other Ttars try to come in, this generally beats all of them and leaves holes early in the game, while still getting SR up to ruin sashes for sweeps.

479wash.png

@ Leftovers
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

This helps a lot with my large Water type weakness. Beats things that I otherwise couldn't like DDGyara or SDGatr. Also takes Azumarill on with relative ease. Pain Split end up being used much less than it should be with the fast metagame, another set or something would definitely be considered and appreciated.

380.png

@ Choice Specs
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Trick
    - Thunderbolt (seriously, no fighting or poison type is going to switch in and expect to live, so there's no need for Psyshock
    - Surf

A weaker Latios? Suggestions are welcome here, although I will say this thing does a good job at Tricking and hitting hard at least once. The Trick also sets the opponent up for a nice sweep more often than not. PURSUIT BAIT PURSUIT BAIT PURSUIT BAIT

28.png

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Rush
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

Alternatively, you could give him rapid spin. Also, props for using Slash.

Does this really need explaining? And if you're wondering why this instead of Dory, it's because Dory just doesn't understand that Mach Punch is in 90% of teams.

645.png

@ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Force
    Jolly Nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

This is for after I've tricked Specs on some physical attacker. Free setup all around. People generally try to bring Natt in on it, don't know why. After a SD it's an OHKO.

212.png

@Life Orb/Leftovers[/B]
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

If needed I'll make a threat list or something. Got to rank 16 with it on PokeBattleCenter last night. Has a problem with Ditto I've noticed.

Comments, gripes and suggestions all in bold.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Stone Edge/Crunch over EQ on Tar, no STAB is terrible.

Both Psycho Shock and Thunderbolt sucks on Latias. HP Fire is the only viable option in that slot so you can actually beat its common switch ins like Scizor and Ferrothorn. Use Latios, Latias has NO advantages over it.

X-Scissor over Sub on Sandslash if you really wanna use it over Excadrill. Rapid Spin works too.

232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SpD on Scizor so it doesn't get 2HKO'd by Specs Draco from Latios.

Back