• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which difficulties do you play games at?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I always play on Normal. Mainly so that the game isn't too easy that I get bored of it and also so it's not too hard that I give up on it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I kind of test the game at first. If it's a game of a series which I've already played (like AOE, FIFA etc.) then I straightaway go to the difficulty I select usually in the other games of the series. I do a small run (about 10% of the game's storyline/level) and if I find it challenging in the Easy difficulty itself I stick to it, otherwise I start over (if I have to) with the harder difficulty, then same process repeated. tbh I never find myself stumbling across hard (except for AOE and strategy games) usually.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Basically on the hardest difficulty. But in some cases, if worse comes to worse, then I may have to tone it down to one difficulty lower until I can clear the game in that difficulty.

Years
  • I always play on normal difficulty, at least to start off with. I like to get the game completed without too much struggle and I don't fancy spending more time playing through a game than I should be. If I complete the game on normal and I feel confident enough to take on the hardest difficulty, I will, as long as the game is still fun. Also, you get achievements in some games for completing parts of the game on the hardest difficulty so there's also something to look forward to.

Vairan

Hurr, Mah 3DS Is Blue
    Years
  • Like a few other people i do play on normal for the story but once that is over with i go on the hardest difficulty and then finish the game again. I like a challenge though most "Hard Modes" Are either cheap shots or not hard at all. Dark souls is my one true love.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I usually use Easy or Normal modes because I want to play it without trouble, and the exception is when I play Black 2 that I choose Hard mode, because sometimes Hard mode gives rewarding features or more in-game moneys.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I practically always go for Normal mode because I don't like the game being too simple but then I also don't want the game to murder me, lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Normally I play a game for the story and for the multiplayer. Some game, like the Batman games, I play to know everything and try to get all of the achievements. Most games though, I don't explore every nook and cranny because it won't interest me as much. Staying at a lower level is fine with me, I normally play most games at the "Normal" difficulty because I don't want to stress out playing on a higher level.

Guest123_x1

I always play my games at the lowest difficultly level, except for Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, where I have played all the way to 'Jedi'-the highest difficulty level available.
    Most other games I couldn't do the higher levels at all anyway, so...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I play nearly all my games on easy. If I do find them to be too easy, then I'll do normal. I might replay the game on hard if I want a challenge.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I play most games on the second to hardest mode. "advanced" mode I guess. There are some games which there are only 3 difficulties, in which case I usually go around once on Normal and again on Hard, alternating depending on how easy/difficult they start getting.

Back