• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost | FR/LG/E] How to enable the National Dex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
How to enable the National Dex in Fire-Red/Leaf-Green/Emerald

It's been a while since I discovered the script part where your National Dex is enabled in Fire-Red, Leaf-Green and Emerald.
So I thought it's about time to let the others know how it's done, so they can use it in their own Hacks.

Requirements: Fire-Red/Leaf-Green/Emerald (US) ROM, ScriptED/Hex-Editor.

The whole secret is this piece of Hex code:
- Fire-Red/Leaf-Green: 256F01
- Emerald: 25F301

Which, when decompiled by ScriptED, would turn out as this command:
- Fire-Red/Leaf-Green: special 0x16F
- Emerald: special 0x1F3

When used in your script, your normal Pokédex will be turned into the National Dex, and allows all Pokémon to be listed.

A sample script for FR/LG in ScriptED could look like this:
Code:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
msgbox 0x800070
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!
Alternatively, or when you prefer scripting by Hex-Editor, you can use the Hex command listed above and insert it in your script.

Keep in mind that this method only works in Fire-Red, Leaf-Green and Emerald ROMs. Ruby/Sapphire uses a different value for the command, which hasn't been discovered yet.

Document is Copyright 2006 by Scizz.
You are not allowed to copy anything without permission!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Great! I've been waitin for this for sooo long! Thank you Scizz for repost!

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
How could I apply this script to the technology guy in Pallet? I compiled the script example using ScriptED as it was, no modifications. Then I tried to assign the script offset code to the technology guy using Advance Map (800000 is what I used) but it didn't work...
Can you explain how to make the script work correctly?
Thanks in advance!
Edit: Never mind, it works! :) Had a zero too much :)

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Nice Scizz, thnx :)

Do you know what the first dex offset is?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
i put the script into the guy in Pallet Town using scriptEd, but when I played the game in VBA, the guy wouldn't say anything when I talked to him. Please help me solve this, thanks!

the3rdhardyboy

trainer?
Years
umm could u post the calculated script offset becaus eiv ebeen trying for th elast 3 weeks to try and get it to be calculated and it dont work

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
It would be most helpful if someone had this figured out for Sapphire. How long would something like that take?

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Well.. In R/S the only problem is that the Pokémon are not shown in the PokéDex, but they do evolve..
In FR/LG/E they fixed this, you need the NationalDex before those Pkmn can evolve..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
This is good to know, but what's the original DEX's values in Emerald? I would like to switch the original with the National (25F301)

Last edited:

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
That is so offtopic. You're doing it again. YOU DON'T POST IN A THREAD OVER A MONTH OLD! (Though I also would like to know whatever happened to scizz)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
blueray, I'm giving you a warning. You again bumped a thread over a month old without any reference to the topic in your post. Do NOT do this again.

spenceroone3, please report instead of posting basically the same thing the member did. Don't discuss people's bans here, please.

*locks*

--FG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back