• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Fort's Gallery

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
Added this to Personal:
Spoiler:

I might go back and shade it sometime. I dunno. But considering I never went back and shaded anything else I said I was gonna shade... Probably not.

Wow, I like how you did this one. The pose looks fine and the lines look good. You should try to shade your work sometime! Shading would give more depth and life to your pieces. I could see that some of your work do not have shades and you could definitely practice with those.

You also have a pretty good grasp at feline anatomy! That's something I don't have (I'm pretty bad at drawing animals in general). Good luck to you and more power to your work :)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Wow, I like how you did this one. The pose looks fine and the lines look good. You should try to shade your work sometime! Shading would give more depth and life to your pieces. I could see that some of your work do not have shades and you could definitely practice with those.

You also have a pretty good grasp at feline anatomy! That's something I don't have (I'm pretty bad at drawing animals in general). Good luck to you and more power to your work :)
Yeah, the no shading is mostly just me being lazy and/or lack of time .w.' I'm glad you like my felines! They're what I've had the most practice with~.

Added this to Requests/Art Trades:
Spoiler:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Thanks guys ^w^

Added this to Personal:
Spoiler:

And look, it's shaded! :D I wasn't going to at first, but I wanted to make the background look good for once. And after shading the scenery, I couldn't really leave the cats unshaded.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Just came back from a week-long trip to California, and I doodled a bit in my sketchbook while there, then more on the plane ride. All but the last one were done during that time.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This last one I actually did a few months ago, I just never got around to uploading it.
Spoiler:

Also, I've reorganized the gallery! A bit easier to navigate now.

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
When you color, you may want to start of with a light base, then a slightly darker layer on top; and after that to add some depth to the picture you can start crosshatching where you want shadows. Crosshatching is just making diagonall lines in one direction then on top making line in the opposite direction X3. It'll make you colors really stand out. You can also use a white colored pencil to smoothen out the colors, so only go over them lightly with the white pencil. this will help get rid of the sketchy feel that pencils leave behind!

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
oh and then after youve finished coloring yuu can grab a thin black shrapie or colored pencil and go over the line work again if youd like it to stand out among the colors C:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Drew this yesterday; or, finished drawing it yesterday, anyways. I started on it last week, just never got around to finishing it.
Spoiler:

This is a drawing I am likely to go back and shade, as well as add a proper background and scenery to. Just probably not for awhile, since I have some other drawings I want to get done first. Also, the kit is supposed to be missing a leg; she was born with only three legs.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your art is very nice. i must say, your best one has to be the digital dragonite. i would definitely start practicing more shading techniques and getting rid of the heavy black outline. the Ignitis vs Hanso one i think has the most quality to it because it is more focus on shading and the heavy dark outline is gone.
your drawings are great! wish i could draw like that.
nicely done!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
So lately I've been trying to improve my human art, since I want to start a comic, and in the process I decided to mess around with realism... which I haven't done in over a year, and which I've never done digitally. It won't be a style I use often, as personally I prefer more cartoon/anime styles. Anyways, here's Firenze in a semi-realistic style.
Spoiler:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Quick and rather sloppy drawing of Kaveri in her Tollen attire. I did it mostly to get an idea of what would look good on her, and what would even fit on a Floatzel, so I wasn't really all that worried about quality.
Spoiler:

Then these two characters are YEARS old. I used them for an RP back in... 2010 I think? The girl is Lilac Brown, the Weavile is Silence Quicklash. Silence was the really memorable character, while Lilac was more of a side character.
Spoiler:

I'll be popping up with drawings of old characters a lot, there's quite a few of them I never got around to drawing.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I got admittedly lazy with this, especially with the spikes and the spots. This is another version of Fitz I'm using in a Chimera RP. In the RP, Chimera's are creatures made up of the DNA of three different animals; for Fitz, I chose black leopard, crested Swedish blue duck, and lowland streaked tenrec.
Spoiler:

This is a couple of old characters belonging to me and a friend. My character, Splashstar was leader of the clan and acted as both Frostedpaw/feet's mother and mentor until she finally passed on from sickness and old age, and Frostedfeet became Frostedstar, leader of FloodClan in Splashstar's place. Eventually, though, Frostedstar retired and became an elder under the name of Frostedfeet once again; Splashstar's spirit continues to watch over her to this day.
Spoiler:

Oh, also! I finally got a version of SAI that works with transparency. Plus I recently got Manga Studio Debut 4; I'm still figuring it out, though, so I won't really be using it for any drawings for awhile.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The last drawing is really nice, maybe it's the fact that they're in simple positions, but the anatomy is great! The detail is great on the skin, wondering how consistent you are with those.

You're fitz character has a nice concept, but it's face looks a little derpy, and the spikes don't look attached. Again, this one has a great anatomy too!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
The last drawing is really nice, maybe it's the fact that they're in simple positions, but the anatomy is great! The detail is great on the skin, wondering how consistent you are with those.

You're fitz character has a nice concept, but it's face looks a little derpy, and the spikes don't look attached. Again, this one has a great anatomy too!
Why thank you! Not sure if you meant the lines when you say skin, or if you mean the color/markings. I actually often switch around how I draw things, since I haven't been able to settle on a style as-of-yet.

Yeah, hah, chimera Fitz was a pain. I was gonna go back and draw her again sometime, try to improve on her design, but the RP I was using her for closed, so I doubt we'll be seeing chimera Fitz again any time soon.

Quick sketchy drawing I did of Coldtrout before getting to work on some requests. Even as a sketch, though, it still looks better than the very first drawing I did of him, mylord... XD
Spoiler:

And then the first of the requests. Could've been better, admittedly... Especially that neck, sothick, at least in comparison to the rest of the body. And now that I think about it, I probably could've given her a fancy collar or something.
Spoiler:

Then a second request. Actually pretty happy with how this one turned out. Except for the chest. I seem to have this habit of giving fluffy cats big, square chests that just kinda throw everything off. Needa work on that.
Spoiler:

Back