• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red Legacy (Updated April 26/4/2020)

Chain

Pokemon Fan
Years
  • First Release: 22/02/2021
    Last Updated: 26/4/2021 / v1.5.2
    Download at the bottom.

Hello! This time I bring you a Romhack that I started doing a while ago,
    I started it once I was without internet for a while, so I decided to distract myself with this,
    creating a Rombase so that the community can use it. It owns quite a lot of things, and I hope you like it.

My vision of this romhack was to create it without adding new graphical interfaces and keeping the original essence,
    trying to use the least amount of space available, so that anyone can add and create whatever they want later.

Based on 1636 Pokemon Fire Red (U)( Squirrels).

If you want join to the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/GBqQpa2Pef

Pokémon Fire Red Legacy (Updated April 26/4/2020)

Main Features:

- The Overworld palettes have been modified, in my opinion, they look better this way, something more natural.
    - A lot of Bugs of Original FireRed fixed (specified in the documentation).
    - Almost all of the Pokémon palettes have been updated to look better, without the need to change sprites.
    - Some PokeMarts are in the Pokemon Center. (Like Route 4, Route 10, Lavender Town).
    - All Pokémon Balanced and useful!
    - Run Indoors.
    - FULL DECAP.
    - B/W 2 Repel System.
    - More difficult fights (Gym Leaders, some trainers, Bosses, Admins).
    - Physical/Special Split.
    - Gen IV Party Screen.
    - Removed One hit K.O Moves.
    - Infinite TM's and Deleteable HM's.
    - Fairy Type (And Tm's).
    - Modified Help System, now contains info about the Rombase.
    - Map & Rod available on Start.
    - Removed Flashbacks, Controls and Gamefreak Intro.
    - Colored Nature Stats.
    - Evolve Without National Dex.
    - Gift Lapras, Fighting Dojo Pokémon & Fossils are in Level 35.
    - Removed restrictions to Evolve Pokémon that has an Evolution from Johto.
    - All Stone Evolution Pokémon that not learn any move, now has a complete Moveset. (Like Ninetales, Wigglytuff).
    - Pokémon of Safari Zone don't flee anymore.
    - Roaming Pokémon (Entei/Raikou) don't disappear from the game.
    - Vitamins Cap to 252 [Instead 100 for each stat (Ev)].
    - Daycare in Route 5 can keep 2 Pokémon, and can breed.
    - Auto Cut: You will no longer need a Pokémon that learns Cut.
    Now it is enabled in the Overworld after obtaining the 2nd medal.

- All 245 Pokémon available (Legendary Beasts, Lugia/Ho-oh and Celebi in next Release).
    Pokémon of Kanto & Johto for all routes.
    - Mew event, available.
    - Legendaries has 45 catch rate.
    - Shiny rate update to Gen VI.
    - New Shiny recolors for a lot Pokémon!
    - Reusable Move Tutors and Move Remember.
    - Move Remember are in Fuchsia city, (On the Move Deleter house).
    - Add EV's Reducing Berries (A.K.A more friendship): A girl in Lavender Town now sells it.
    - EV-IV Display Screen in Start Menu.
    - Base Stats of each Pokemon in the Pokédex, in the "Size compared to player" section.
    - All capture locations in Documentation.
    - Can I use this as a Rombase? Yes! But leave the respective credits.

FAQ:

Spoiler:

Updated Moves:

Spoiler:

All info of the Moves:

Spoiler:

Status Problems:

Spoiler:

Bugs of Original FireRed Fixed:

Spoiler:

New Levels of Evolution and Methods:

Spoiler:

Abilities:

Spoiler:

Items:

Spoiler:

New TM's:

Spoiler:

Pokemon Changed Typings:

Spoiler:

Pokémon Changes: (Balance, Modified and Reworks)

Spoiler:

New Shinys recolors! (Examples)

Spoiler:

You will find much more information in the documentation that comes with the patch.
    If you have any questions / doubts / suggestions, you can tell me.

Changelog:

Spoiler:

Credits: (Sorry if I forgot someone).

ModExe > Dreamaker.
    PSS System > DoesntKnowHowToPlay.
    Repel System & Fairy Type > Aspiring PokeTrainer (Youtube).
    Gen IV Party Screen > Lunos.
    Specific Texts (Like Help System) > Me, and Advance Text.
    Advance Map, Advance Text, Gen 3 Tools, PGE, NSE 1.7/2.0, APE, HTE.

Attachments

• FireRed Legacy v1.5.2.zip
      308.8 KB · Views: 691
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Uau great idea hack i gonna try this one and it gives me a question does it work with a randomizer ? It could be great to use it with the universal randomizer or another.

Chain

Pokemon Fan
    Years
  • Uau great idea hack i gonna try this one and it gives me a question does it work with a randomizer ? It could be great to use it with the universal randomizer or another.

I haven't tried it yet! But it should work.
    I think you shouldn't check the "Update Moves /Update base stats/Change Impossible Evos." boxes to avoid modifying the changes made there.
    Maybe later, I will try :)

Years
  • The only problem right now i have a dead computer soo i don't have a way to test it but it is a great option to give a extra spin to the game it's rare to have a simple hack of fire red or emerald for randomize.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Loving this so far, quick question. Picked up a Sneasel a while back, and was curious if it's possible to evolve it?

Chain

Pokemon Fan
    Years
  • Loving this so far, quick question. Picked up a Sneasel a while back, and was curious if it's possible to evolve it?

At the moment no Pokémon from other generations have been added, although it would be good to do so.
    Perhaps in the future it will do so by replacing the 3rd gen with 1st and 2nd gen evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Mkay, and secondly, I was able to clear Rock Tunnel and Erika's gym. All before getting Cut. I was able to cut trees without the HM.

Chain

Pokemon Fan
    Years
  • Mkay, and secondly, I was able to clear Rock Tunnel and Erika's gym. All before getting Cut. I was able to cut trees without the HM.

Yes, I enabled that option to not need a Pokemon with Cut on the team. (It's written in Features)
    The story is supposed to be followed like Original FireRed, instead of doing that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Enjoying it so far, good job! Just a quick question, where can you find the Johto starters and Larvitar?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Hey there! Excited to try this out. It'll be my first hack. Two questions:
    1) How can I get Umbreon? I'm not clear on if there's a day/night system added to this, but I don't see anything about it. When I went through all the documents I see that Espeon is a special catchable, but that's it. Nothing regarding Umbreon.
    2) Can I use regular FireRed cheats with this, or will that mess up the game? I really want a shiny starter, especially if Blasteel has a shiny version. Does it?
    Kudos for this, and thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Follow up: I know you mentioned possibly adding 1st and 2nd gen evolutions instead of gen 3 Pokemon. If there's a way to get Alolan Marowak in there, you'd be making my dreams come true 💕

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Last question I think I have:
    With the updated moves, etc. and seemingly updated movepools, what generation moves are available? For example, I really want to use Arbok (I love that you changed its typing), so it would be great to have access to Coil and Gunk Shot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2022
    Is the exp share all / gen 6 style exp share being used or is it a different one and if it is different can i use a patch to make it gen 6?

Back