• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That DID NOT Just Happen

tnfsf11

First time playing Emerald, I was done with everyone except the champion Wallace, I was willing to proceed to his room then save & use potions & stuff, but when I walked in I found myself automatically walking to him & starting the battle, & I was like "WTH I didn't even move & I need to use a Hyper Potion NOW!!!" & so I resorted to Save States & somehow managed to win, it was a PAIN but I learned my lesson:
    Always save, whenever & wherever possible. {XD}

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Somehow, no. I'm always paranoid that it will happen, though, so I keep plenty of great or ultra balls around (depending on how far into the game I am).

I did forget about my shiny Bidoof, though, and deleted the save file. Didn't bother me much, honestly.
    Oh god, this happened to me aswell. But not with a shiny pokemon.. No.. I had a fully EV trained crit chance Absol and deleted my pokemon platinum save game, which btw also had A LOT of pokemon from my original pokemon leaf green in it.

Needless to say I was a bit flabbergasted.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I got PokeRus in my SoulSilver from a wild Stantler. I didn't notice until I was back at the Pokemon Center. I also got PokeRus on my Japanese Diamond around the same time.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Haha yeah, when I caught Giratina with a Pokeball after like 20 ultra balls. Also, when I hatched a shin squirtle. :)

Aelita Schaeffer

Queen of Espurr
    Years
  • This happens to me every time Barry... or any rival for that matter sneaks up behind me when im ill prepared and is like "I see your mons are in Horrible Condition, im going make your life miserable by making you battle me"

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    My only "what nit not just happen" moment was on my Crystal Normal Mono Run. I was at the daycare, soft resetting, tryign to get an Igglybuff from the Odd Egg.... And I was only getting Pichu and Elekid and got a Magby and then a Tyrogue and I SRed without even paying attention since I was also watching TWD and then the next one after Tyrogue was a Shiny Cleffa and I was confused as to what shinies looked like over on Crystal so I checked it online, looking at sprites.
    And for some reason, I clicked on the Tyrogue link first and then it hit me. That Tyrogue I SRed over was Shiny as well DX

I mean, I know the Odd Egg has a higher chance of giving you a shiny and all, but that was MY VERY FIRST hatched shiny ever so imagine how I felt >u<

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2013
    well, its not really a OH **** moment but i started playing the light platinum ruby hack and i made my name red, choosing not to go with the usual ash/ashley (my IRL name) and it turns out that one of the main NPC's is red from the manga. I was so annoyed.

also, I have never seen a shiny legitamatly apart from the red gyrados

ConnorMac

PC's Resident Muse Fan
    Years
  • Off the top of my head, the first time I faced Whitney's Miltank...

"OH MY GOD, NO!"

Inversely, beating Whitney's Miltank for the first time...

"OH MY GOD, YES!"

Years
  • I just got Pokerus for the first time last week! i was so happy. Got it from a wild Zigzagoon in Emerald. I could've cried.

The second one, and the more insane one, I was versing Champion Steven and i was down to my last Pokemon, Pelipper. It had no PP for anything except Protect and i had no ethers. I was done for so i started using Protect and no joke, it worked 4 times in a row without failing. I couldn't believe it.

Years
  • Wild zigzagoon in emerald. Before I can get pokeballs. Yeah.

Also, the battle factory almost every time I go there.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Although i've played every Pokemon Game since the first release, I've never met a Shiny.
    So a few months ago, i was playing on a randomized Emerald Rom, just for fun
    I get my Starter, i get to the very first cave...and BAM! Lv.4 Shiny Tyranitar :D
    Of course, i only have like 4 Pokeballs and dont get to catch it :((

So yeah, i was pretty upset that the only time i get to see a shiny, there is no way i was able to catch it

Years
  • Well, there was the time in the Battle Pyramid when I found that shiny Pikachu, and of course, couldn't catch it...Boy I was mad. And a few years ago, I didn't know much about Pokemon. So I found a shiny Ratticate in Pokemon Mansion on FireRed. I caught it. I restarted the save file some time later, WITHOUT trading my Ratticate over. Oh, maybe the time my sister found a shiny Oddish on either Emerald or Sapphire, with not even a Pokeball.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I purchased 100 of every pokeball in the game, except just 1 Master Ball.
    I had False Swipe, Sleep Powder, Synchronize, EVERYTHING.
    I checked online to make sure the pokemon didn't know double-edge or any suicidal moves.

You see, I was using the pokeradar to chain for a shiny pokemon. And after a few hours, I saw my first ever shiny patch. I switched over one of the lv1 Abras on my team to my lead, to activate synchronize, walked over to the patch and...

I ran into a non-shiny pokemon. Didn't I have a repel activated?! Yes. Then what happened? Repels only work if the lead pokemon on your team is greater than that of wild pokemon. I learned this the hard way. I lost a shiny pokemon, and my chain, just like that.

That did not just happen...

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • i played a pokemon black rom recently and finished it 10 days ago. So, i stayed a little more and talked with cheren that he is going to start in route 1 again im like "okay bro do whatever you want now **** off." i started walking in route 1, looking for a patrat because i was to lazy catching him before.....boom shiny patrat. level 2, male, and colors look ****ing awsome. HAD NO GUTS TO CATCH HIM BECAUSE I HAD ONLY 1 POKEBALL LEFT AND RAN. i never saw anything shiny but patrats and only in this route. im like: Patrats. PATRATS EVERYWHERE. never played 5th gen since.

Sirfetch’d

When I found my first shiny I had this reaction haha. I stared in amazement and disbelief for a while before attempting to capture it.

Back