• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showing a picture when speaking to a trainer

Years
  • I'm trying to make it so that a picture is shown when you talk to a trainer, both before and after battle, but I need a bit of help.
    I've tried using the show picture command, but the trainer event seems to ignore that, so I thought I would edit the scripts to show the picture. The problem is, I have no idea which script I need to edit.
    I want to display the picture during "Comment: Battle:" and "Comment: EndBattle"

Any ideas of which script I should be editing?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I figured that's what you wanted! Was going to refer you to the Wiki... Try using the Wiki first!

Years
  • I had read through the wiki and the notes, but I had gotten confused by the example trainers in the test maps. They use both the Comment: Battle commands, and the pbTrainerBattle command so I thought that both were necessary, but it seems you don't need to use both.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You don't need the comments, but pbTrainerBattle is needed.

Years
  • Thanks, but I already know that command. I needed the show picture for something else.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I had read through the wiki and the notes, but I had gotten confused by the example trainers in the test maps. They use both the Comment: Battle commands, and the pbTrainerBattle command so I thought that both were necessary, but it seems you don't need to use both.
    Long time before, when I am starting I also had this problem, maybe Maruno should put examples in test maps using one, another and both (maybe this last isn't necessary).

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I thought the wiki explained that well enough. You just need to put in the comments, and when you compile, the game itself turns those into the proper event commands and adds them to the events. Remove the comments before tweaking those auto-generated commands, because otherwise the tweaks will just be overwritten by the comments compiling themselves again.

I suppose I could include a note about that in Essentials itself, though. There will be plenty of example trainers, at least.

Back