• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Pokemon Movie?

Which is your favorite Pokemon Movie?

• Pokemon The First Movie

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Pokemon 2000: The Power of One

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Pokemon the Movie 3: The Spell of the Unown

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Pokemon 4ever Celebi The Voice of the Forest

• Pokemon Heroes Latios and Latias

• Pokemon Jirachi: Wish Maker

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Pokemon Destiny Deoxys

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

• Pokemon the Rise of Darkrai

• Pokemon Giratina and the Sky Warrior

• Pokemon Arceus and the Jewel of Life

• Pokemon Zororark Master of Illusions

• Pokemon Black/White: Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Pokemon Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Pokemon the Movie 3: Spell of the Unown.

- It has a somewhat realistic, personal stake in it for Ash; he's fighting to rescue his mother. Honestly, it was a nice change of pace from the ridiculously contrived and grandiose plots that exist in most Pokemon movies.

- It has a coherent story where the characters' motivations actually make sense.

- It's interesting to see the Unown project the psyche of a troubled and depressed little girl.

- Molly is the first "antagonist" in an English dubbed Pokemon movie to be portrayed as an honest to goodness sympathetic character (If they had kept Mewtwo's origin scene in the English version of the First Movie, he would have been seen as more sympathetic instead of grossly irrational and hypocritical).

- Charizard's rescue scene and subsequent fight with Entei (that was awesome, for one, and secondly, it took a lot guts and tenacity for him to take on a ridiculously overpowered illusion of a Legendary Pokemon, knowing that he would likely get his ass handed to him, all so that he could protect his trainer).

- Fluid fight scenes that don't just look like reused stock footage.

- Pokemon's powers being used intelligently and competently. (ie, Ash using the fire and water type Pokemon to get behind Molly's Crystal Fortress instead of being the blockhead that he usually is and trying to power his way in using his own body as a battering ram).

- Dan Green as Entei. 'nuff said.

I'd probably pick Pokemon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back as a close second because 1) Mewtwo is a badass, and 2) nostalgia.

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I've only seen 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 10. I think I like 6 (the Jirachi one) the most, maybe because of how sweet it was. And I really love "Chiisaki Mono," the ending theme; I used to know most, if not all, the lyrics. Wait... I just noticed that this was the only one I saw subbed (unless the English version had the same ending theme somehow). And it was the last one I saw (which was actually a few years ago), so maybe memory has something to do with my choice. >_<

Last edited:

srinator

i have seen all movies and no offense but most if not all of them sucked :/ the first movie still ok and the lucario movie had a plot but other than that... :/

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
For me it's either between Mewtwo Strikes Back or Celebi The Voice of the Forest.

Mewtwo Strikes Back is here mainly for nostalgic regions, everytime I watched it in the last few years it reminded me of when I was a kid. I went to watch it with my friend and my mum when I was 4 (yeah FOUR) in the cinema and it was the best thing ever, like wow it was so amazing I loved every moment of it and it was genuinely just a great film, when Ash turned to stone it was like the only moment in the anime that made me cry (I was four guys, FOUR).

Celebi, The Voice of the Forest is my other favourite because I remember as a kid my dad bought it for me on DVD, I used to watch it all the time and I still have it to this day. I thought that the villain was a breath of fresh air compared to the usual, bumbling Team Rocket. I loved how Celebi and Ash etc bonded, and the fact that Professor Oak was in the film as a young Pokémon trainer as well just made it that much better.

GFisMay

I <3 May
Years
My favorite movie is Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. May was such a cutie there, and so was manaphy. Plus all of the Advanceshipping hints.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
2000 is super boss. It's my favorite, but the third (Entei) and fifth (Lati@s) movies are close behind for me, for primarily nostalgic reasons.

Back