• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm not really bothered.This isn't the first time a legendary pokemon follow or hang out with the group or a member for a while. We had Meloetta in Best Wishes and Mallow didn't catch the Shaymin. It's just hanging out with her until it's ready to fly.

Not to mention it's following the same logic as Squishy and Nebby except its not going to be a major plot point. But it is hanging around someone until it gets stronger.

Of course if it stayed pernamently and she caught that'd be different.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Still waiting for Ash to get an Eevee to add another cat/dog to his arsenal, and Nagisa chan* to evolve into a Vaporeon

* - "chan" can mean something cute too, not neccesary a female counterpart to "kun"

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    When will folks come to terms with the plausibility that this likely won't occur? Like it's been 20+ years since the franchise began, and if Ash hasn't gotten an Eevee during all that time (and not even in the past few months when Eevee's game mascot status made its popularity sky high), then it probably isn't meant to be.
    Yeah. If Ash was going to catch an Eevee he would have caught it in this gen.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • When will folks come to terms with the plausibility that this likely won't occur? Like it's been 20+ years since the franchise began, and if Ash hasn't gotten an Eevee during all that time (and not even in the past few months when Eevee's game mascot status made its popularity sky high), then it probably isn't meant to be.

Ow so that explains why he didn't took the three Eeveelutions are his pokemon at the end of the BW anime :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah Ash with an eevee is a very, very, low chance. Honestly surprised that bc of one promo picture people thought it was going to get Marin and were stupid mad when lana got it instead. The opening clearly suggested it was gonna be lana.

But we've now had three series where Ash doesnt get the eevee but a companion does and if we get another eevee in the future itll probably be the same deal.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • But we've now had three series where Ash doesnt get the eevee but a companion does and if we get another eevee in the future itll probably be the same deal.

This sucks indeed :(

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Eevee fit the companions it ended up with better anyways

Except that Jolteon* who was owned by robber, i hope it's now waiting for a new trainer in the pokemon center

* - yeah i meant eeveelutions too, go figure

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well I was specifically talking about Ash's traveling companions but yes, okay.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I don't think that Ash will catch any more Pokemon in Alola. I think that either Poipole is returning or Ash is using his reserves to fill his 6th slot.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Well I was specifically talking about Ash's traveling companions

Ooooooooooooooh

Wait, so only Glaceon, Sylveon and Nagisa then, unless Misty's plans to get an Eevee and later a Vaporeon

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, yes, because we're talking about Ash getting an Eevee and even if the idea of him getting an Eevee was brought up during Gen 1-2 or Gen 4 Misty and Dawn both would fit an Eevee more. The only generation I could have possibly seen them giving him an Eevee is Unova but there was no previous gen Pokemon until way late and it just isn't a Pokemon they would bother showcasing in said generation because of that (and thus we simply had the guy with every Eeveelution instead lol).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    1. What did Nagisa's hair ever do to you not to mention Nagisa looks cute af with Lana's family haircut now (that and y'know it was to promote LGPE with the hair style thing).
    2. I honestly don't get it either. Yeah, the promo image kiiinda said that Ash could potentially be the one to get it bc it was shown in front of him but if you watched the Japanese opening Lana was clearly the one looking at Nagisa while Ash was looking ahead. That there implied (to me) that Lana was going to get Nagisa, not Ash. So I mean....

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I still cackle @ the fact that so many folks were adamant about Ash getting that awful-looking Eevee a few months ago. I recall the main excuse being that Eevee might get a Gen 8 evolution to justify Ash getting Eevee in SuMo, yet I never understood why he would need to catch that particular Eevee in Gen 7 when he could just get a different one in the next Gen if Eevee even gets a new evolution in Galar.
    I don't think that Ash is catching an Eevee ever, really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    so thoughts on pokemon and such because of the league is set up? i mean, if the whole class is participating none of them have a full team so either they're all getting knocked out fairly early on or the league is just going to be structured differently than the other leagues. if it's the latter ash isn't going to need another pokemon he's set with who he has.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Unless they're doing a 1v1 style Tournament or an Elimination Round that requires just 1, then Mallow and Lillie are at distinct disadvantage. This points to Mallow and Lillie going down fast unless Lillie borrows from her mother(like Clefable for instance) and Mallow recruits Oranguru or other Pokemon to her side. Will comment further after I've had a chance to watch the Episode as I knew Kukui was announcing the formation of the League from last week's preview. Even Hau will need more Pokemon unless he's been holding back.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    We only saw one of Hau's pokemon right? It's possible that he might have something along the lines of his game team. If anything I can see him having more Pokemon for the league. Same with Gladion who we actually saw watching the announcement of the league (and idk if anyone noticed but there was a Trubbish on his Umbreon! Anyone else think that this may be another one of Gladion's Pokemon?)

Think I'll go and make a thread specifically for the league so we can discuss the League and how it might possibly work there haha. here let's talk about that trubbish

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh most definitely. She has the Primarina Z-Crystal and just like how Lillie will eventually get a Z-Ring, Brionne will likely evolve so it's Z-Crystal can be used.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Oh most definitely. She has the Primarina Z-Crystal and just like how Lillie will eventually get a Z-Ring, Brionne will likely evolve so it's Z-Crystal can be used.

You're right on that one. I highly doubt that Lana would get Primarium if she wasn't going to get a Primarina.

Back