• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • Meltan, huh? This will not only be Ash's first Steel-type, but also his first (and quite possibly his only) Mythical Pokemon, since Meltan and his evolved form have been stated to be Mythical Pokemon. So, after over 20 years, Ash finally gets a legendary Pokemon. Never thought I'd see the day...

Technically he did catch Poipole or an Ultra Beast. Would think that qualifies as his first mythical/legendary no?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Meltan, huh? This will not only be Ash's first Steel-type, but also his first (and quite possibly his only) Mythical Pokemon, since Meltan and his evolved form have been stated to be Mythical Pokemon. So, after over 20 years, Ash finally gets a legendary Pokemon. Never thought I'd see the day...

Meh, i'm still waiting for his Eevee

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Has everyone seen the newest episode title on Serebii.net?

If not I'll post it. I was planning on doing it anyway. Regardless... it makes it blatantly obvious what Ash's next pokemon is going to be.

I mean... I guess I'm not surprised... I'm just... disappointed... :irate-stare:

Anyway here it is. Courtesy of Serebii.net.

Episode 1055: A New Species Has Been Discovered! I Got a Meltan!!

The title doesn't specify who is catching Meltan. It could be anyone. Let's not jump to conclusions.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • The only good thing about this is that we'll finally see Meltan's personality. So I may change my mind about it.

However... I can't help but seriously doubt my mind will be changed about it.

Years
  • hmm in today's episode i half expected torracat to evolve but i guess ash isn't the main focus of this episode. bit shaken up to see shaymin out of nowhere. gen 4 confirmed??!! hmmmm

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The title doesn't specify who is catching Meltan. It could be anyone. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Considering Ash got a Steel-Z for winning the Poni Island challenge and ended the Episode by teasing Meltan points to Ash catching one. Interesting that Kahili makes her debut next week so as to make all four Elite Four members to have made their appearance.

Years
  • Looking forwad to see if Meltan is captured and that it could follow Ash into the group, it could share very similiar to that of Poipole who followed the Ash's group over the days.

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • Poipole i hope returns, kind of like how ash old pokemon returned (Charizard who he left and ash was crying but then later came back, Gliscor, and Goodra at the late episodes for league)

If Ash get Melmetal it will be great to see if it shows of like Darkrai Tobias in the anime (since ingame has some stats better than Darkrai, slower but high defense, too bad the Sp defense are weaker) Like how it defeated 4 of Ash pokemon full health with no effort and always only used Darkrai since the start of the league against others, i can see it be beaten maybe by Kukui Incineroar (If Kukui will battle as champion )and then vs Ash Pika or Torracat( Or wrestler vs wrestler Incineroar)

Unless they make it weaker and lose against Gladio Legend Silva..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Wouldn't be surprised if Ash ends up getting Meltan. But since it has a status of 'mystical legendary' who knows what'll be the case. I definitely wouldn't use the Steel Z-Crystal as a hint though because Pikachu has Iron Tail thus is the one that can easily use the Z-Crystal at this point in time.

However I do agree that Torracat might evolve sometimes so he can get Incineroar's Z-crystal. Otherwise kinda thinking at this point that they might have him use some of his Kanto pokemon for the league since Kanto was a highlight a few times here already. Hoping that isn't the case and Poipole comes back or something (though I wonder Ultra Beast status will be treated the same as Mystical status) or he somehow gains two new members before the league hahah.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Yep. It happened.

I still feel the same way as I did before.

I was expecting something better.

:irate-stare:

What... you were expecting someone else to catch it? Its funny(or clearly by design) but Pokemon I want Ash to catch(like Eevee) go to other protagonists but mythicals and legendaries(even in a temporary fashion) go to Ash. Ash had Nebby(Cosmog), Poipole and now Meltan. He's also the only one with a Steel Z-Crystal so while Pikachu knows a Steel move in Iron Tail, Pikachu has two Z-Crystals(Electric and Pikachium) that it primarily uses. That all but means that the Steel Z-Crystal Pikachu picked after defeating Hapu was deliberately done so Ash could catch Meltan and then use the Steel Z-Crystal later on in the series. Whether it will evolve is another question entirely but it does point to it doing that since they have to debut/show off its Evolution at some point.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly if you're not a fan of sun and moon nothing will be "enough" for you. I've noticed this from several people over the years across various series.

I find it sweet that he caught meltan. Its about time he got another Pokemon and now he needs one more for the league if he isnt going to use past Pokemon. Looking forward to seeing Meltan in action.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I've also been reading rumors/speculation that Melton has some involvement or significance in the Galar region. If true then with Ash catching it would give Ash a reason to travel to the region, hence Meltan's capture is the first step for Ash to go there. Alexa set up Kalos so Meltan might be the precursor to Galar. Even if it turns out to be false, it's about time Ash catches a Steel Type.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I don't mind Ash catching Meltan even if it does seem kind of random since we're still in Gen 7. What bugs me is the fact that people are all like "Ash finally has a Steel-type!!!" as if that's some kind of game changer.

Steel types have been around since Johto. The fact he finally has one does mean something since no protagonist has had one(Excluding Clemont's Magnemites or Brock's Steelix seeing as neither had them when traveling with Ash). Plus it's a Typing Ash has yet to acquire, leaving Ghost(Haunter doesn't count), Psychic(Noctowl should be but it's not) and Fairy as Types he's yet to acquire. Also... Solgaleo, while a Steel Type, was never meant to remain with Ash. Ramifications if it did would be substantial.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I really hope that because Meltan is classified as another Mythical Pokemon that it doesn't means it'll stick around as Meltan but once it evolves Ash will let it go (basically a repeat of Solgaleo). I don't really feel like it falls into the same circle as your typical legendary buut at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they had him catch it to, like someone said earlier, show off its evolution.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    > Iris
    > Excadrill
    > Steel/Ground

It's fine people are excited about Ash getting a Steel type for the first time but Iris literally had one the whole series. Also Brock's Forrestress yes. But I've learned people like to make a bigger deal out of a lot of things then need be lol.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Half the time I can't be arsed with remembering 800+ Pokemon and their Typings. Not to mention the fact that the Pokemon don't exactly follow their specialty in both Brock(specializes in Rock) and Iris(specializes in Dragon). Anyways, what's been mentioned is 100% right. Only reason he has one is to show off the Steel-Z. It'll likely be the reason he heads to Galar though based on speculation/rumors about Meltan having potentially originated there or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Half the time I can't be arsed with remembering 800+ Pokemon and their Typings. Not to mention the fact that the Pokemon don't exactly follow their specialty in both Brock(specializes in Rock) and Iris(specializes in Dragon). Anyways, what's been mentioned is 100% right. Only reason he has one is to show off the Steel-Z. It'll likely be the reason he heads to Galar though based on speculation/rumors about Meltan having potentially originated there or something.
    I don't think that Meltan will have any connections to Galar.

Years
  • not particularly surprised that meltan was caught. have been speculating it for so long.

but am i the only one that's really bothered that mallow has a freaking shaymin??!!??

Back