• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bought Torrential Cannon & Looking to split to two similarly competitive decks to play with my wife 🤘

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2019
    Hey!
    Thanks for any help! My wife has been playing Poke:TCG online and has been having fun stealing last minute victories etc, great stuff!
    I bought the Torrential Cannon deck yesterday and we had a great time just splitting the deck in half and battling in a 3 Prize Card short version, some pretty crazy close fights!
    But it became obvious that if any of the basic Pokemon were trapped away in the Prize Cards, that was pretty much game over.

We looked at how to improve our game, but maybe got a bit confused as to how, our thoughts, and if you guys have any ideas...

1. When we looked at other decks I couldn't figure out what would be a good one to play against it. It seems as though most of the ones out have crazy Pokemon of like 210+HP and monster hits, as a Basic! Which would just be an instant win against even my Blastoise/Golduck.

Because we're not after dropping lots of money, more for the fun of the strategy, I think we would just ignore weaknesses, so if a Grass type deck is quite good, but would be wiped out by the Water, we'd not worry about that.

2. Is it cooler to buy Booster Packs? I'd love to just buy Torrential Cannon booster packs so that we just keep getting cooler Water type. That would solve everything, but I can't see anything like that.

Really appreciate any help!

Chris

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Aw, that's so sweet! I'm the wife half of a TCG playing couple, so I know how much fun it can be when you really get a good game going. :)

Definitely look into getting a few pre-constricted decks that you guys can rotate around and play with. Try not to get decks that perfectly counter your wife's if you want a balanced match. Looking into basics like type weaknesses will help on that front.

I also recommend getting a few boosters to help fill out your decks and give you some more options. All of this can be done rather cheaply!

Cheers to you both! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    If you're only looking to play each other then buy another theme deck and some singles online for consistency and that should be enough

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2019
    Thanks for your help! I bought the Mewtwo Deck, and and a Detective Pikachu Case File, first winner gets to open the first booster pack, man she wants that Pikachu haha.
    Battle lines have been drawn, ha

Thanks again! Will keep an eye for more info!

Attachments

• Bought Torrential Cannon & Looking to split to two similarly competitive decks to play with my wife 🤘
      Decks.jpg
      934 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:
    Back