• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fave Planet?

What is your favorite planet besides the Earth?

• Mercury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venus

• Mars

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Jupiter

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Saturn

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Uranus

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Neptune

• Pluto

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
  • I've liked saturn since I was a little kid......and I still do, it just looks so cool, with the ring around it, too bad the climates on other planets are too harsh for humans.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I say Uranus *chuckles*

Have you heard of all the gaseous eruptions that have been recorded on Uranus?

Mystic Mew

~Mew, mew, mew~
    Years
  • My favorite planet is Pluto and Saturn. Pluto because it is- like to say-my planet, and Saturn, because I like Sailor Saturn from "Sailormoon".

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    tmbjr said:
    I say Uranus *chuckles*

Have you heard of all the gaseous eruptions that have been recorded on Uranus?

I expected Venus or something tmbjr. >_>

Probably Mars for me, and I have no idea why.

Pezz

All Washed Up
    Years
  • I like Mars since it looks really cool from Earth, it has a cool name, and it's my ruling planet, but I also like Uranus. Not because of its name, but beacuse it looks so cool!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like Pluto best because it was the planet that Arnold took his space helmet off on the Magic School Bus.

Anyone else see that episode? :) Good times...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • >_> That's not a planet, Dakota, that's a star.

BOO ya. :P

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Lol... >_>

Yeah, I do barely remember that Lightning, wasn't it to save something or someone? Maybe I'm dreaming. @_@;

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I think to it they twee visiting Venus, and Arnold's cousin made him so mad, that he took off his space helmet, and his whole head froze. And he just ended up getting a cold.

But I wouldn't know that.... ^^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Neptune... i just love it that if you light up a match in Neptune you'll blow up the planet immediately (with you in the explosion as well)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Jupiter...It's so huge, and I love the big red spot. I also love Saturn with it's so many rings...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I expected Venus or something tmbjr. >_>
    heheh...I didn't think of that, besides I was thinking of a Uranus joke when I was posting...so it just came out

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I love Uranus!It's so gasy.Just kidding.My favorite would be neptune.

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • I'm kind of mixed as to which planet is my favorite - mainly since I like almost all of them: Here's my reasons:

Mercury: Granted, it's not too special, but, hey, it's pretty strong, considerig that it's only a tiny rock (figuratively) floating around so gosh darn close to the sun.

Venus: A very cool planet indeed (not temperature wise, of course! :p) The thing I find the most interesting is that it has a full atmosphere AND surface rock, and the only other planet to have such, is our great Earth. Too bad that Venus' atmosphere is comprised of several acids and other poisonous chemicals, not to mention the extreme surface temperatures.

Mars: The cool thing about this planet is that its the first other planet where life was rumored to exist. Granted, that hasn't been completely proven yet, but it's still interesting. Another thing about Mars is that H2O may have existed in liquid form at one point. Plus, the eerie pink atmosphere and oxidized iron rocks (rust) just add that touch of mystery...

Jupiter: Its HUGE. The pallete of reddish bands of color is second to none, and the ferocity of the storms which occur so often, not to mention the Great Red Spot, a huge storm that's existed ever since Humans first saw Jupiter. Plus, it's Jupiter that saves us time and again from incoming meteors and such, since its extremely high gravity level pulls metors out of thier path, acting as a protectve shield. Belive this - Jupiter actually does have a ring. Its very thin and hard to see though. But I have seen it myself.

Saturn: Saturn is cool, not only because its another planet made ENTIRELY of gases (although I heard somewhere that the core may be solid, but I don't know if that's entirely true) The ring is really cool too, especially since its comprised of bands of different rock types, supposedly moons that were too close, and got practically obliterated. They're held in place by the gravity which forces it to the equator of the planet. Also, the ring has a defined inner edge, since its at that point which the full effect of gravity pulls the rocks down to the planet surface. I wonder what the ring looks like from just above the outermost clouds at the equator...

Uranus: I like this planet, mainly because its the total oddball of the Solar System, considering how its axis is on its side, its completely freaky. Proof of that fact is the ring - it's vertically oriented.

Neptune: Not exactly terribly too interesting, but I really like its blue color, and it gives it a 'cold' feeling, aided by the fact that its so far away from the Sun.

Pluto: Aah, Pluto. And Chiton (sp?) They revolve around one another, they're the same size, and they're so darned far out. The Sun looks like a really bright star from that distance, and it has no atmosphere whatsoever. Most of it is actually comprised of some sort of Ice, as I've heard. But I do know that it has a solid core - of I think Iron. I just wonder how the gravity is affected by the pairing of its moon, since they revolve AROUND EACH OTHER on an axis somewhere in the middle. I doubt it really makes a difference though, the gravity is so low anyway, that you could probably escape it with a single good jump.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • more interesting but silly stuff about neptune:

-do not breath there... or else the terrible smell will certainly kill you. Do we really want to breath in a big spherical container of methane aka fart?
    -light a torch or some sort of fire in Neptune, and the whole planet goes on fire... that's why you don't stick a lit up match behind someone's behind when they release his/her gases or you'll burn his/her pants on fire.

Back