• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Lack of choices?

Years
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a change to their team setup since playing the gen V games. For example i used to always have a ground type in my team but since gen V i haven't done a single play through with one on my team. I only just realized this. Anyone else? If so why do you think this is? I think its a lack of diversity in the fifth gen games (especially b/w 1). I would've like one or two more options when it came to picking a ground type for my team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Trust me, there's plenty of diversity in B2/W2. There are Ground-types in Excadrill, Krookodile, Sandslash and Flygon pre-National Dex.

Anyway, one of my past traditions was having the mascot in the team, but that's changed in my White 2 team and I didn't mind.

Years
^ I agree with what he said.

Black 2 & White 2 brought us much-needed diversity thanks to the mix of both 5th Gen and non-5th Gen Pokemon in the Unova Dex. There are so many good Pokemon you can catch in the game and it allowed for more flexible team building than it was in Black & White.

Black & White may have been lacking in diversity among its available Pokemon but Black 2 & White 2 fixed that.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I had one of the best ground types in Unova in my team.

GOOOOLUUUURK.

Pay attention to secondary types and seemingly "useless" pokemon too. I had no idea Litwick was going to be so beast when I caught it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I haven't noticed that at all, either generally or specifically, in the fifth gen games - even in the first two, with the original Unova dex. In fact, they've struck me exactly the opposite - I've played and replayed them more enthusiastically than anything since RSE, and specifically because there are so many good pokemon that I want to use. I find them to be extremely, and satisfyingly, diverse.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
yeah seriously dude i think the diversity has gotten better if anything. as far as ground types go my flygon wrecks on my team with earth power and soft sand.

Years
This is just how I found the fifth gen. i wanted see what others thought and i guess im the only one. the gen V pokemon just dont appeal to me like previous gens did

Back