• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Forever Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Currently there are none but you could use this if you like. Resize it or something. Make sure you make it into a link to the thread ;)
header-3.png

Or feel free to make your own

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
[20:21:52] Fifikins: CSS is hot though.

I stick by this.

Seriously, Gav. You've been working on this for quite a bit, so I've seen it from the - almost - beginning. And it's shaping up to be crazy good. You've got a good team assembled - one which I know certain people would kill for. So, good luck with it, my dear. I'm sure it'll be worth all the time and effort - and I might actually play it. Make my cameo good, kthnx. :D <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Great job with this, Gav. :D

Counterfeit did an excellent job on the CSS thread. I loved the story. It was pretty good. Some parts are a bit cliche, imo, but it was still a great story. I'm also completely in love with that title screen. :D It looks absolutely lovely~ The maps are pretty good, as well. I'll be checking this hack out regularly, k? ;D

Good luck~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Update

Okay, firstly, I would like to announce that there will be some new tiles being added into the rom today. So soon you will see the new face of Forever Lost.

Also, I have 2 region maps to be inserted. These were made on the pre release of HGSS.

Untitled-3-1.png

You'll notice that the Hoenn map is missing a few towns. But for a reason. This hack is set in the past so not everything will be the exact same. So I got rid of some pllaces I felt didn't need to be included in Hoenn.

mapcga-2.png

And this is Jhoto, This is the map from HGSS but before it was released so I had to edit it massively. You'll notice at the bottom left where the safari zone is in HGSS, that will be replaced with something else which you will find out about as the hack progresses.

Now for the replies!

Newest to oldest.

Yo, I just realized the CSS is about 40 px too wide on the right side.

Well it all depends on your screen resolution etc.

Great job with this, Gav. :D

Counterfeit did an excellent job on the CSS thread. I loved the story. It was pretty good. Some parts are a bit cliche, imo, but it was still a great story. I'm also completely in love with that title screen. :D It looks absolutely lovely~ The maps are pretty good, as well. I'll be checking this hack out regularly, k? ;D

Good luck~

Some parts are a bit cliche but I promise you, this wont be cliche in it's entirity, I have some tricks up my sleeve.

[20:21:52] Fifikins: CSS is hot though.

I stick by this.

Seriously, Gav. You've been working on this for quite a bit, so I've seen it from the - almost - beginning. And it's shaping up to be crazy good. You've got a good team assembled - one which I know certain people would kill for. So, good luck with it, my dear. I'm sure it'll be worth all the time and effort - and I might actually play it. Make my cameo good, kthnx. :D <3

Thank you Fionaa, means a lot. I have a great team and some good ideas so hopefully this will span out to be something good.

Nice, where are the banners I want one!

The banners are on thier way.

Looks good, Gavin. The story is nice, the titlescreen is awesome... well, everything looks great! I'll be totally supporting this.
Also, it's good to have a team, since it's very hard to do all these things alone. Well, I wish you good luck on this!

And... If you don't mind, I'd like to play a cameo role in the hack, too. :D

Form
Name: Gabriel
What would you like to appear as: Let's say he's like a second rival. Sometimes he helps you with something, sometimes he challenges you for battles. (If it's not possible, then make him a Gym Leader or an E4 member)
Pokemon?: As long as they're Steel-types (except Mawile) and Skarmory is always included, it's fine. :D (Skarmory must always have the highest level in the team, btw)
Sprite: Clicky click~
Personality/history/why you are here: Gabriel came to Hoenn to explore the region and to try to be a better trainer. He is kind, likes to help people, and loves Steel-types. He is also a bit shy and sarcastic.
Anything else: No, I guess.

Cameo accepted, thank you for making a sprite! However I haave so many rivals that you may not be one. Though a Gym leader should be fine.

Time for me to... Request I suppose, but I do not mind if you don't have room for me.

Name: Alex
What would you like to appear as: Well, I don't mind. A bug Gym Leader or a Recurring Character. One or the other, your choice.
Pokemon?: Ninjask, Scizor, Masquerain, Forretress, Shuckle. (Or family members)
Sprite: Umm... I'll get back to you on that one. I can't sprite, so... May I get someone to make me one, if possible?
Personality/history/why you are here: Alex has the Rubiks Complex, the need to solve the puzzle. He wants to know everything, and he has a passion about Bugs. Nothing much is known about him apart from that.
Anything else: He has a love for Bugs, as well as Sneasel/Weavile, which he doesn't use as a Pokemon, but as a partner.

Yupp you're also accepted! We'll discuss sprites another day.

Hey Gav, cameo request here :3 Do I havveee to make my own character sprite?

Name: Jordan
What would you like to appear as: Victory Road trainer, one of the last ones.
Pokemon?: Piloswine, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Venusaur, Dewgong.
Sprite: Can you make me one? I'll take a generic one if possible.
Personality/history/why you are here: Jordan recently earned all 8 badges and is challenging the Elite Four, but is taking on various trainers for practice. She's deadpan in every way.
Anything else: Nidoqueen is her trump card.

Accepted. We'll discuss sprites also.

Love the idea. Hope to play this in the near future.

And, while I'm at it...

Note: You need your own 64x64 sprites.
Name: Lucia
What would you like to appear as: You pick, I don't really care XD Though I would like to be a gym leader with a bunch of random Pokemon. Like Cynthia (only she's champion) or Green (I REFUSE to call him Blue >.>).
Pokemon?: Mm... Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon preferably, and if anything, a Lapras would be nice in there too; I'd like all but Umbreon and Jolteon to be female~
Sprite: Um... Someone make one for me? I can splice and recolor, but I doubt that would really fly XD Plus I fail at making sprites that aren't spliced or recolored.
Personality/history/why you are here: Very spazztastic, great at tactics/apparently has no family/I was bored, and you mentioned it in TCTI, so here I am, posting this
Anything else: Nothing really. I'll just edit anything that needs to be edited :X

Hmm you can appear as a tainer

This Looks Great, Cant Wait to play, Nice Job! :)

Thanks for the support!

Ah, so this is the hack that you asked me to help you on.

Well, you know just to message me when you have work for me, so... Well, good luck everybody.

Thanks Alex, even though you are on my team! xD

Applying for a character in the hack. :)

Name: Will
What would you like to appear as: Someone in the E4 with a kickass Nidoking and likes people with the name Gavin.
Pokemon?: Nidoking, i love TYRANITAR he kicks ass, Golem, Umbreon and Honchkrow
Sprite details: Um, I suck at this stuff. Brown messy hair with just casual everyday clothes? :[
Personality/history/why you are here: Because I was bored one day and I decided I should challange the E4 with my TYRANITAR because he kicks ass and I was so god damn good they wanted me to join so I did.
Anything else: I still love you, Gav.

Looks like a pretty epic hack, by the way. <3

I love TYRANITAR!!!! Accepted xD

This is really professionally made...
I can't add more since all poster above said it.
So best of luck to you

Thanks very much!

Hm, it's hard to comment on this hack given the little amount of progress shown. I noticed that you've got quite a "star-studded" team there. I don't know if that's a good thing or not (look at ROM Raiders) but I guess we'll find out about that as time goes on.

As for the maps, I'm not very fond of the mapping style. I was happy to see that you made some little changes to the original Hoenn maps but I don't like the tall grass placement (or the style in general, for that matter). Eh, it's more of a personal preference so if that's what y'all were aiming for, then I can't complain. I have to admit that I was also disappointed with the selection of tiles. I'm not a big fan of that tileset and those tiles in particular have grown trite with overuse (and if you're going to use those flowers, at least animate them D: ). The titlescreen is nice though, if that counts for anything :)

Best of luck to all of you.

Hmm I'm not sure I agree with you. The tiles are over used however how many of these hacks have a beta? Very few. As for mapping style, I like it and it's different to most other hacks. There will be tiles added to the set also. Not just that base.

Like the screenies, and also like the into screen. Keep up the good work.

There will be more to come, sorry for the lack of screenies!

By the way, here:

Name: Aleks
What would you like to appear as: GHOST TYPE GYM LEADER. Or if not, then I want to be some guy who is at the Pokemon League or some official government place, being angry that they won't let me be gym leader & then I will be like GRRR and challenge the protagonist to a DUEL to the DEATH in a PIT. Actually, I will just walk up to them and be like "I'm going to take my anger out on you!" ;3

Pokemon?: Duskull, Haunter (should be underleveled for balance :3), Cubone (except this one has to be strongest), Ariados (Sludge Bomb. Giga Drain)
obv this encounter is somewhere mid-game, around level 20-24 or so. Encounters of me later will have:
Duskull, Gengar, Marowak, Muk, Absol, Cranidos

Sprite: Uh, later.
Personality/history/why you are here: cbf
Anything else: Uh I like to run into walls and make crashes a lot. Also other people.

- - - - -

Or, if you want, you could make me this:

Name: Christina
What would you like to appear as: PAINT MASTER Christina; appears in a Pokemon Center at a computer. Everyone is lined up behind her to use it, but she's using the computer for Photoshop. You battle her to get her off.

Pokemon?: Smeargle (Figgy's four favorite Pokemon atks), Kecleon

Sprite: Looks like Figgy's persona.
Personality/history/why you are here: Mods OVP on an online forum.
Anything else: I hope she sees this.

I should get you in as a leader I'm sure! Also lol

So it's kind of like Pokemon from Silver's viewpoint except he's not a thief? ;D
Lame assumptions aside, it looks good so far. The tiles are nice, the team is impressive, and everything looks easy on the eyes. Good luck, Gav ;]

Lwl no, it's completely away from the original storylines but with some of the characters.

Well, I can say your team looks very impressive. I'll bet this great a team will be capable of a great hack.
Good luck~

Thank you, hopefully we can make something everyone will enjoy!

Just thought I'd let you guys know, that I'm currently working on the Littleroot map for Gavin. Then, I'll begin work on his overworld and onto the level scripting. :D

No u.

It has a game feel rather than a hack feel, but oh well...
Nice hack project.
I like the story. It is mysterious plus exciting.
Screenshots, as I said, gives off a game feel than a hack. That's a good thing, right?

Anyways, g'luck with this project~

The storyline will be expanded nd it gets darker with every step of the way.

Absolutely lovely Gavin. <3
I'll be sending you the concept sketches soon enough.

Yay ILY!

Awesome, man, also, first post and we get to back to Johto. This is awesome. I'm anticipating it.

EDIT: I can't believe I just got Ninja'd

Yupp, I'm bringing in my favourite regions, Hoenn is rarely remapped so I really wante dto bring it back!

Nice, looks very professional. Keep it up.

Thank you Jake!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
This looks great and all, but beside from the title screen, I feel that everything here is rushed.

First off the story feels un-poetic and doesn't match up to the other standards that the rest of the hack( that you are letting us see) sets for us. I feel the way you describe it to us is mainly objecyive and giving us mainly what happened,with not really much emotion or depth based on the charectars.

Also,I think the tiles are overused and are generally bland compared to again, the story. I don't know what the fad is with all dp\p\pt tiles. I think the whole set only really works for the game themselves that they were desgined for >.<

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
NVM I will make anew one xD

-TheZeide

Last edited:

De Pokemon Guy

The Pokemon Expert......Maybe.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Can I still enter a character.... If so here's mine!

Name: Tysen
Would like to appear as: A Gym Leader an Elite 4 or a Ressurecting Character.
Pokemon?: Umbreon, Murkrow, Gengar, Ariados and Gligar.
Sprite:
View attachment 50073
Personality/history/why you are here: Came from the Rinto region in hopes of being a Gym leader (or Elite 4) (or making new friends.)
Anything else: Gym, Or Elite 4 room is like darkness but only showing Tysen.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Wow, I can't believe I never noticed this until now. This is amazing, when I saw a new thread in PH that I've never seen before I wasn't expecting much but wow.

Can't say I can remember the last time I've been looking forward to seeing progress in a hack this much.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Name: Kale
What would you like to appear as: Recurring Trainer

Pokemon
1st Battle: Eevee, Gligar, Cyndaquil
2nd Battle: Eevee, Gligar, Onix Quilava
3rd Battle: Gligar, Onix, Jolteon, Quilava
4th Battle: Gligar, Onix, Jolteon, Absol, Quilava
5th Battle: Gligar, Jolteon, Steelix, Absol, Typhlosion
6th Battle: Jolteon, Steelix, Absol, Gliscor, Typhlosion

Sprite:
Sprite.png

Personality/History: Kale is from Mahogany Town and left home a short time before the hero. He started with a Gligar and an Eevee, before receiving a Cyndaquil from Professor Elm. He took a boat to Hoenn and began his Pokemon Journey. Kale is quiet and determined, his only true passion is battling and doesn't think Pokemon and people can be friends. Therefore, his Pokemon don't like him very much (which is shown in his Gligar, who takes a long time to evolve). After being defeated by the hero several times, Kale heads back to Johto and changes his ways. The hero faces him one last time and see's that Kale truly has turned over a new leaf.
Anything else: Nope

MexicoolBoy

I'm MEXICO!!
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
this hack look like very professional but the olny problem is that you have used a patch without changing nothing.
don't misunderstand me, the patch is good, the only problem is that you could also change the palettes :)

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
Years
for image go to my album thing (im new here)
person name: Marak

E4 Champion or frontier brain (it would be FRICKEN AWESOME if you had a frontier)

pokemon: (If u have 4th gen) Staraptor, Flygon(preferably shiny :3) gallade, Feraligatr, Macargo, Castform

personality: friendly competitive

history: left orre when he was ten to the Hoenn region and has all 32 badges, started with
a castform and suprizingly caught a shiny trapinch

P.S.
also as a suggestion having a time machine to battle the leaders and other cameos when they have starting pokemon would be a cool after-game feature, ehh i say to much

Years
Hey this hack seems promising. Can't wait to see Hoenn again as it was my personal favorite. I have two questions though. Will the starters remain the same as they were in Hoenn or change?
And are you still accepting cameos:

Name: Phaze

Character type: Ice Type Gym leader, intractable character (offers help, gives an hm after losing, heals party before facing a boss fight) or reoccurring trainer.

Pokemon: Some evelution of Speal ♂ ( knows Surf if late enough in game ;) lowest level), Delibird ♂ (mid level ), Frosslass ♀ (knows Shadow Ball same as Delibird), Glaceon ♀ (Highest). He also has a Chansey, though it is not used in battle.

Personality/History: He used to live on Cinnabar Island. His house caught on fire when he was young. Luckily he was saved by Articuno. Sadly however, his parents weren't as lucky. He now wishes to become strong enough to find Articuno and thank it personally for saving him. As a result he has also dedicated himself to Ice Type pokemon. He is a kindhearted young man who will go out of his way to help people or pokemon. He has a strong sense of justice and has a tendency to get carried away when in a battle but he will NEVER endanger his pokemon which are his equals and closest friends.

Sprite: xD I can't make one, but I can give details. He has short, spiked black hair. He is always smiling (more like a smirk than a smile). Wears blue-jeans, a blue shirt with long sleeves. Has a black leather jacket that he wears on his shoulders (arms not in sleeves). His hands are in his pockets. His Glaceon (if possible) is sitting to his left.

Anything else: He likes to jump over things and will throw a smoke bomb when he "appears" to try to get a laugh out of people (though it usually just scares them and makes them mad). He would have an Irish accent, but just saying mate when referring to a character (ex 'Your a new face mate!' or 'That was a fantastic battle mate!') would get the point across. He can't stand anyone who abuses or miss treats pokemon and is quick say whats on his mind.

But aside from the above >.> great looking hack mate. The new map layout is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see more updates!!

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
Name: Kai (Mr. Mera)
What would you like to appear as: (Lavaridge?) Fire (5th?) Gym Leader and Recurring Character.
Pokemon?: In Order: Houndoom (Weakest), Combusken (Middle), Magmar (Middle), Arcanine (Strongest) Also has a Swinubs with him, but he does not use them to fight with.
Sprite:
24g847n.png
2jam54i.png
(Might need a fix XD)
Personality/history/why you are here: Grew up in Choza region were his father was also a Fire Gym Leader which became his dream. Once he finished the Choza and Hoenn region's gym battles he settled in Lavaridge? Town and helps find nice water using Swinubs and his other Pokemon. Also likes to use mind games and create obstacles for the ones he helps believing it is making them stronger.
Anything else: Found in Hot Springs at first...If not a Gym Leader, that is his goal. Shows up to help, challenge, or create obstacles to make the player stronger. Was a member of the Elite 4 before he lefted and created his gym. Flannery (Asuna) his gran-daughter is his replacement, if its in the past, she turned out to be his last trainer before you face him before he departed from Hoenn for "poetry" which he writes in the hot springs, leaving her as the leader. Unless of course its WAY back...If so disregard that...lol

Feel free to alter his story a little, but not majorly lol

-TheZeide

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
Looks awesome =3
I don't suppose there's a female for the main protagonist huh? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back