• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey Everyone!! I'm New

Years
Hi, this is the first time I've ever done anything like this so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I've been playing pokemon since Red and Blue. I've very recently thought about trying out the competitive side of the game. (not sure where to even start with that) I've done Nuzlocke and Monotype challenges before. I guess I'm on here just trying to find some friends and more people to play the games with. Any other questions just ask!

Years
Hi Dragonite, and welcome to PC.

As Wind Heart said, we have the Battle Center for all competitive battling needs, it even comes with a Pokemon Showdown server built-in where you can chat and battle with fellow PC members. I only got involved with the server back in December but I managed to have a lot of fun there. Definitely check it out, since it has loads of fun battles you can try. The NU tier is very popular there, and also RU as of late. There's also Random Battles for some extra craziness. I'm +OshyHikari on the server if you're looking for me there, and I'd be happy to teach you battling skills anytime.

Wind Heart also directed you to the Challenges section if you want to replay all your fave Pokemon games with a bit of a twist. There's loads of active challenges you'll find there, such as Nuzlocke, Monotype, and loads of other cool ones. Everyone here, both staff and members alike are always happy to lend you a hand anytime. Our NU/W mod duo Cirno and Cid are always happy to take on any questions you have, they definitely won't bite.

Call me Hikari, or Hika for short, and if you need to talk just VM me.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Dragonite!

Don't be worried about this being your first time on any type of forum! It's really easy to get around and there are many people around to help if you need it. :p

That's cool that you've been playing since Red & Blue! I have also been playing since the release of those and have been hooked ever since!

The competitive side of the games is definitely cool and something you could try out to see if you like. As Wind Heart said, there are two specific forums dedicated to stuff like that, so you should check those out if you're interested. :D

You'll definitely make friends and most of us here love, love, love Pokémon, so you should be able to enjoy yourself!

Hope to see you around!

Years
Hey there Dragonite - a huge welcome to PokeCommunity!

So this is your first time on a forum, I see? Well, the first suggestion I can give is not to stress or worry too much about things here. I know some new members get worried they'll post a thread in the wrong place or make a mistake in general, but in the end we all make errors and it's totally fine! One of my first forum warnings (not on PC though) was for having a signature that breached the limit, but after some time passed I started getting the hang of things and learned to understand a forum's rules more, so it's all right (as long as you're not out to break the rules, of course). It may sound like something that's common sense, but you'd be surprised with how many people worry about that. Other than that... well, just explore for yourself and see! There are plenty of things on a community of this size, meaning there are that many more people to help you out if you need it. We have an entire section dedicated to questions/feedback called Questions & Feedback, too!

I'll second our awesome regulars in suggesting the Battle Center and Challenges sections for you if that's what you're into. They're both rather popular and growing parts of the forum so being part of that is a wonderful choice! Though our battlers mostly do battle through our official Pokemon Showdown server, so setting up your favorite team is that much easier. I've always wanted to try actual WiFi battling but my internet is wired so that won't be possible (at least not for a while). D:

So yeah, have a blast okay! See you around!

Back